Trunk beer - Is there anything better?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

nekom
Tippler
Tippler

Trunk beer - Is there anything better?

Post by nekom »

From a fishing trip to a `dry' wedding reception, is there anything better than trunk beer?

I'm setting sail for a road trip to Philadelphia tomorrow. Thanksgiving day on the road for the better part of the day. And what's worse, this is PENNSYLVANIA. Why there's no way in hell I'll be able to procure alcohol of any sort tomorrow. Perhaps the hotel bar will be open but my god what will they charge?

Not to worry! My trunk is already stocked with 2 of my favorite beers, on ice, ready to go! And no, I don't condone driving drunk and I won't be doing that (not on the turnpike especially) but when I get to the hotel I can be damned sure to have plenty of ice cold beer. With cold beer in the trunk, I have much to be thankful for indeed.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Trunk beer - Is there anything better?

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

nekom wrote:Not to worry! My trunk is already stocked with 2 of my favorite beers, on ice, ready to go!
Yeah two beers should do it.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

awesome truck beer dude

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Milspec »

I found a long forgotten trunk beer in my spare tire well once..it was like getting a bj on christmas.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

I find it worrying that there are places in the world where alcohol is not sold, there is one such place in UK but Tesco have opened up a 24hour store WITH booze right on the town border. Dry town not happy but its a human right to have easy access to booze.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

I was on a one week road trip through Utah once. Not the best week of my life. Fucking mor(m)ons.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

captain gonzo wrote:I find it worrying that there are places in the world where alcohol is not sold, there is one such place in UK but Tesco have opened up a 24hour store WITH booze right on the town border. Dry town not happy but its a human right to have easy access to booze.
Civilization was founded on booze and thrives on booze. The U.S., too, is littered with "dry counties". I don't know who these nanny-staters think they're helping.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

you should fill your trunk with ice and beer but make sure your move everything out first mobile super beer cooler

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

beerkegbilly wrote:you should fill your trunk with ice and beer but make sure your move everything out first mobile super beer cooler
Once, long ago, we filled the back of my buddy's El Camino with ice and three kegs of Michelob.
First night we parked in the backyard of our duplex and drank beer and Hot Damn until i passed out.
Second day drove a few blocks and parked in the alley behind our friends house, drank beer and worked on a handle of Kamchatka vodak until I passed out.
Third day moved to some girls driveway and drank beer and cheap port wine mixed with moonshine until I passed out.
Fourth day called in sick to work to finish off the last keg.
Hell of a weekend, that was.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

stephswill
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by stephswill »

Kamchatka=Come atcha!