MDM Subscription?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

Well if you would ever unbend that damn elbow, fdoosey, it'd be a whole lot easier. :P

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Chelsea40ozBondage! wrote:Well if you would ever unbend that damn elbow, fdoosey, it'd be a whole lot easier. :P
Can do, but won't. It keeps the drink too far away from the mouth. Although I suppose I could buy a Krazy Straw for that purpose.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Yeah, I'm gonna subscribe and get handful of back-issues, too...as soon as I get around to it.

But really, it's the only booze realated 'zine that isn't for pinky-raising snobs. You know those single-malt & cigar mags, the wine mags, the home brew ones..."ooh this has an aroma of freshly mowed lawn, a magnificent bouquet, and a slight melon-mint-charcoal aftertaste" Yeah, bullshit. MDM is where the rubber meets the road. None of that here, just a celebration of why people drink in the first place.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Hehehe...I actually used to subscribe to the Malt Advocate, one of those aforementioned snob mags. I'd consider myself a snob if I weren't so un-picky about what I drink. I'll bet few in that crowd drink Mad Dog or Schaefer or Heaven Hill Bourbon.

I like the more expensive stuff too, but I can't drink that stuff often. Still they do give pretty good explanations for the drinks.

I like MDM for the reasons jerryg gave - it's all about the trip to Drunkardsville. It doesn't turn its nose up at what kind of transportation you use to commute there, whether you're in a Rolls Royce of single malt Scotch or you've carjacked TJD or you took the Night Train Express. The point is that you get there.

Yeah.

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mad Scientist »

fdoosey wrote: I like MDM for the reasons jerryg gave - it's all about the trip to Drunkardsville. It doesn't turn its nose up at what kind of transportation you use to commute there, whether you're in a Rolls Royce of single malt Scotch or you've carjacked TJD or you took the Night Train Express. The point is that you get there.
That might be the most beautiful (and appropriate) metaphor I've ever seen. Cheers to you.
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Hey, it just occurred to me that my metaphor combined drinking and driving.

I didn't mean for it to be so beautiful. Sometimes my best work comes when I'm not trying to work at all.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

jerryg wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna subscribe and get handful of back-issues, too...as soon as I get around to it.

But really, it's the only booze realated 'zine that isn't for pinky-raising snobs. You know those single-malt & cigar mags, the wine mags, the home brew ones..."ooh this has an aroma of freshly mowed lawn, a magnificent bouquet, and a slight melon-mint-charcoal aftertaste" Yeah, bullshit. MDM is where the rubber meets the road. None of that here, just a celebration of why people drink in the first place.
Yeah I'm they same way, I've got a MDM T-shirt but I still haven't gotten around to subscribing. Enough with putting it off! Next paycheck I'm going to do it.

By they way, how about some more merchandise to choose from?
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

You know, I subscribe but I never take them out of the envelope.

I'm one of those packrat/collector types.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Frankennietzsche wrote:You know, I subscribe but I never take them out of the envelope.
Actually that's a great idea, I mean you can still read the articles on the website.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:
jerryg wrote: By they way, how about some more merchandise to choose from?
I saw that they'll have a glasswear category soon, I sure hope they have shot glasses. Be nice to add to the collection.

VodkaHero
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by VodkaHero »

Ooh, yes shot glass set! I'd all over that like..... well.... anyone of us on booze ;)
Happiness is a pint of guinness and a shot of jack.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Glasswear, eh?