Chasers

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Cam L Toe
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Chasers

Post by Cam L Toe »

I tried these and they worked!
http://www.doublechaser.com/chaser.htm
Allah will give to those who blow themselves up.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Sounds interesting, but I followed the sage advice of MIA drunkard Joe Twelvepack, who recommends using Goody's/BC headache powders. I have used them to great joy thus far. It's just aspirin and caffeine, but minutes after taking it with a hangover, it's gone. Taking it just before retiring nulls the hangover. Lovely.

Alka-Seltzer now has a similar product out. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

it says you should take 2 for every 6 drinks, that could get real pricey, i think i'll just stick with the old faithful triple shot of whiskey in my morning coffee.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

i work at a gnc,and they work you only need to take two with your first and three at the end of the night, if you buy the bottle instead of the six pack its cheap.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Seems like another of those wonder-cure phoneys.

I'm just a happy amateur but here's what I found out:
The best property of calcite is the acid test. Why? Because calcite always will effervesce (bubble) when even cold weak acids are placed on specimens. Even the cement in sandstones will effervesce assuring the geologist of identification of the cementing mineral. The reason for the bubbling is in the formula below:

CaCO3 + 2H(+1) -------> Ca(+2) + H2O + CO2 (a gas)
In your stomach, there's acid so the calcium carbonate basically turns into calcium (not sure about the "(+2)" chemical notation but I guess it's got two protons too much but the body can make Ca of it afterwards IIRC). Activated charcoal should be familiar to anyone who wants to purify their home-brewn liqour and in Sweden you can buy it cheap at any pharmacy.

I guess a cheaper way would be to dissolve a pinch of activated charcoal in a tall glass of milk and drink that before going to bed :-)

Then again, I'm not a chemist so don't hang me if I'm wrong...

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

carls wrote:Seems like another of those wonder-cure phoneys.

I'm just a happy amateur but here's what I found out:
The best property of calcite is the acid test. Why? Because calcite always will effervesce (bubble) when even cold weak acids are placed on specimens. Even the cement in sandstones will effervesce assuring the geologist of identification of the cementing mineral. The reason for the bubbling is in the formula below:

CaCO3 + 2H(+1) -------> Ca(+2) + H2O + CO2 (a gas)
In your stomach, there's acid so the calcium carbonate basically turns into calcium (not sure about the "(+2)" chemical notation but I guess it's got two protons too much but the body can make Ca of it afterwards IIRC). Activated charcoal should be familiar to anyone who wants to purify their home-brewn liqour and in Sweden you can buy it cheap at any pharmacy.

I guess a cheaper way would be to dissolve a pinch of activated charcoal in a tall glass of milk and drink that before going to bed :-)

Then again, I'm not a chemist so don't hang me if I'm wrong...
the (+2) just means there are 2 Ca molecules for every H2O and CO2 molecule. it just balances the formula.

sorry. gettin' buzzed now. someone gave me a bottle of bushmill's black bush. whiskey with a cork, i'll never stop being amazed. i may have to upgrade from the yukon jack. nevermind, yukon is way more affordable.
colonel sanders

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

:lol: Yeah, don't ever go toe to toe with DPAW with respect to the natural sciences.

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

Chelsea40oz
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Chelsea40oz »

L'esprit D'escalier... better make it those unnatural sciences as well, just to be safe! :wink:

You're out of your league, go back to your own village!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

just tryin' to help.
colonel sanders

rednek buddha
Souse
Souse

Post by rednek buddha »

Biggest mistake in my life....Very hungover, tried to chew a alkaseltzer and wash it down with a beer...... A freakin fountain of suds pouring from my throat! It didnt have that cleansing vomit catharsis...justa weird rushing bubbly feeling.
My new tatoo is itching like mad, must pour myself more cheap vodka.....
Meat... Fight it, fuck it, or eat it.

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

An emergency room MD I know says that the activated charcoal thing is the best way to attack alcohol overdosing. Also says that you should take a half an aspirin or a whole baby aspirin a day for the heart that gets hammered pretty hard by semi-pro or hard core drinking. Then there's my old buddy, milk thistle...chased by Gatorade. Don't forget the B vitamins. Zinc. Magnesium. Return to the bar.

Cam L Toe
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Cam L Toe »

MassiveDrunk wrote:i work at a gnc,and they work you only need to take two with your first and three at the end of the night, if you buy the bottle instead of the six pack its cheap.
Yep-see they say take one first, and then if you have more than 6 drinks(and who are we kidding?) then take another. I swear it seemed to work for me-where usually I would be laying in bed lamenting the nights activities, I was up in the sunshine actually begging for more.(?) Yikes. Anyways, it did seem to make a huge difference.Hey, can I get a deal on an order of that?? :wink:

Cam L Toe
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Cam L Toe »

fdoosey wrote:Sounds interesting, but I followed the sage advice of MIA drunkard Joe Twelvepack, who recommends using Goody's/BC headache powders. I have used them to great joy thus far. It's just aspirin and caffeine, but minutes after taking it with a hangover, it's gone. Taking it just before retiring nulls the hangover. Lovely.

Alka-Seltzer now has a similar product out. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz.
Yes, but did you actually try this? Know what? Its basically charcoal that will filter out all the nastiness. Try it!It worked for me, and I have some serious hangovers! 8)No caffiene involved. It reminds me of my fish tank-filter the bad stuff and the hangover wont even happen! Although you might poop black for a day or two! :D

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

stephswill wrote: Although you might poop black for a day or two! :D
thanks to that bleeding stomach ulcer, some of us already do.
colonel sanders

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

I'd love to try some, what with my 7am wakeup time on the weekdays, but I think it'd look mighty suspicious to my parents, if they saw it on the doorstep.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.