Next Day Drinks

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Next Day Drinks

Post by stinie »

Most nights I go to sleep (aka pass out) with some amount of drink left in my glass. Most mornings my leftover drink gets doomed to the fridge to be drank later (which never happens and usually weeks after, the drink get dumped out). This unfortunate end to my boozy beverage had to end. So I came up with a solution. Instead of buying baking soda so my leftover drink doesn't taste like the remnants of chili, I devised to save my leftover drink and reuse it in the most ingenious way.

Leftover drink ice cubes!

I pour the leftovers of my beverage into an ice tray and when I get home from work/school I have liquor-containing ice to use in my next drink of the same ingredients as the ice. Alcohol doesn't freeze well, of course, but (and I've only tried this with San Juan Spiced & Zero) it will somewhat contain itself in a mix with some non-alcoholic liquid.

Anyway, this is a great way to economize and prevent poor lost booze from ending up down a drain.