Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Savage wrote:I used to have the most wonderful desk, that several handsome Marines hauled upstairs for me. Then we got all fancy, and bought this wooden behemoth, that when I drop papers or things behind it, I cannot move. It, I mean. I move, sometimes quite frenetically, especially when I really, really need the notes that have gone down under. I have fond memories of waking up beneath my old desk. (Don't have any of falling asleep there, but, duh.) In fact, I slept through that entire blackout of a few years ago, blissfully unaware, underneath my Colonel's desk. I think the underpants gnomes came to visit me, at one point. And this, boys and girls, is what comes of drinking alone.
Sure, papers lost behind desks are a common problem when using a military-grade desk. It's best to use 2x4s or other blunt instruments (fire-poker?) to pry the desk away from the wall and then scrounge about for your papers.
Either way, have a fresh drink handy and some good tunes playing,

nileblackflame
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Drinking alone.

Post by nileblackflame »

Love to break open a bottle when I get home from work, put on an old movie, browse these forums and relax. The soundtrack is all mine, and I don't have to listen to everyone else's conversations! Bar drinking certainly has its place, but after work I want peace and quiet..

prbobo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

I'm drunk and alone

Post by prbobo »

I hate drinking by myself. Is anyone else imbibing tonight? Give me some company please.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I'm drunk and alone

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

prbobo wrote:I hate drinking by myself. Is anyone else imbibing tonight? Give me some company please.
Secure yourself man
\drinking alone is a peach
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

I believe in the communion of drunks!

What does this mean?

This means that when we are drunk we are never alone. Instead we join and are joined by the drunks of all times and places by our entry into the state of inebriation.

Basically I'm cribbing this concept from Eucharistic theology, but I think it works nicely.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

John Barleycorn wrote:I believe in the communion of drunks!

What does this mean?

This means that when we are drunk we are never alone. Instead we join and are joined by the drunks of all times and places by our entry into the state of inebriation.

Basically I'm cribbing this concept from Eucharistic theology, but I think it works nicely.
TESTIFY!!!

Also, being drunk alone ROCKS!

John Barleycorn

JimLahey wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:I believe in the communion of drunks!

What does this mean?

TESTIFY!!!

Also, being drunk alone ROCKS!
I've yet to meet the collection of friends that will tolerate me drinking until I pass out naked on the couch. This fact alone illustrates how important solitude can be in the life of a drunk. Other people aren't ready to tolerate the consequences of my booze calling.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

prbobo wrote:I hate drinking by myself. Is anyone else imbibing tonight? Give me some company please.
Come on man, how could you be alone, we're all worshipping the bottle along with you.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Come on man, how could you be alone, we're all worshipping the bottle along with you.
We're alone together.

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

Bobo, you haven't gotten it yet, have ya'? Solitute is bliss! That being said, you ain't alone, brother.

A High-Life to the Bobo!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I like to be alone in the crowded places.
Oh ho oh ho!
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

this thread is trippy
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Riddeford
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Riddeford »

I'd say most of my drinking is done alone and I love it. Drinking alone at home has the quickest service.
"This lifestyle isn't for pussies." - Fabric

Riddeford: I'm craving indian food. WTF?
Fiyah: Fuck curry. We're doing shots and do them NOW

<@Veen> First one was just a standard hangover puke.
<@Veen> Second one was when I was at lunch with my ex and had some ham that was way too dry.
<@Veen> Third one was just a bit ago when I read that vagina story.

John Barleycorn

When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.