Great American Beer Fest

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Palinka wrote:
fdoosey wrote:Hey! You used my name without express written consent! Pony up the royalties... :) :lol:
And now it seems that KHD's true legacy becomes appallingly apparent...
Now, now, we've already established in a pre-KHD thread (I think it was pre-KHD) that I had a copyright on my name. Besides, I don't care if he uses it. As long as the quarters keep rolling in. Laundry's gotta get done, you know.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:
VodkaHero wrote:Well, I went to the Great Canadian Beerfest, it was decent. I got hammered, so what's there to complain about?

It was pricey though. Ended up costing me the same as a night out at the bar.
well as you sid the pricethey should make these fests cheeper so you can get drunk and save, i mean hel the less you pay at door the more worfless crap you can buy when drunk, an thats where they make all ther dough
I work wednesday, thursday and friday as a steward for the judging, for which I get rewarded 3 cases of random leftovers and 3 tickets for friends. And I can get into every session for free. Beerfest has been berry berry good to me.

But yeah, I think the cost is a little high. I normally go to the saturday afternoon session, which costs 50 instead of 35 because there are less people. I always get totally sideways at this thing though, so I think it's money well spent. Just don't drive to it.
You can kill a man for cheatin',
you can kill him for his shoes,
but expect to catch a beatin' if you're reachin' for his booze

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

Beerfest starts tomorrow, everybody. Here's some suggestions for beers and breweries I've gathered in the past two days:

New Glarus Brewing - Go to this booth first thing or they'll run out of the following beers:

Belgian Red
Raspberry Tart
Oak Aged Cherry (they may not have this one to begin with as it is not being sold to the public )

West Bros Brewery - Honey Orange Wheat

Main Street Station 777 Brewery - Cherry Stout

Brooklyn Brewing - Brooklyner Weisse and East India Pale Ale and Brown Ale. All of their beers are good though

Russian River - Redemption, Damnation, Temptation, Hop 2 it, and anything else that suits your fancy. Great brewer. THey won best small brewpub four years ago and have been going strong ever since.

Dogfish Head - Try them all. These guys rock. Great barleywine

Aleworks - Another great brewer

Pizza Port Solana Beach - Yet another great brewer

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Rocko, you make me a jealous man. Do us proud and drink em dry!
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

fdoosey wrote:Rocko, you make me a jealous man. Do us proud and drink em dry!
Indeed I shall, my good man. I've got a stout-livered regiment of hopheads acompanying me a we shall do our best to take them for a loss.

Look also for a list of medal winners to follow in a few days.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

this thread reminded me about the beer festival in london,i think next month or maybe november.any UK drinkers here been to this event? i think its in earls court.any one know a link or any info bout this thing?
mine's a pint