Vodka: The Ultimate No-Tell Booze?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Aleksi
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: Vodka: The Ultimate No-Tell Booze?

Post by Aleksi »

I love bourbon. Green label Evan Willians, Makers single barrel, all that jazz... Elijah, Blantons, love that shit.
Grappa. The realest.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Aleksi wrote:I love bourbon. Green label Evan Willians, Makers single barrel, all that jazz... Elijah, Blantons, love that shit.
a fuckin' a. let's do this....
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

HOORAY! I'm also drinking bourbon right now. Fuck this vodka thread learn to drink sissies!

BUFFALO TRACE!!!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise. And sometimes they don't get up.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

The way I figure, there's really not too much future with a sawed-off runt like you.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id... " "id... " "ids... "
Blondie: [taking the note] "Idiots". It's for you.
Stupid should hurt.

--ThirstyDrunk

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

What I like about vodka is that, although it may be called 'flavourless' it does bring out the flavour in some foods, and now I'm thinking smoked fish (salmon, herring,...). Also raw herring does come in mind.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Sushi, too.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Was actually reading a cook book this weekend that mentioned while only some flavor compounds are soluble in water (ie, the saliva in your mouth), ALL of them are soluble in alcohol. Which is why cooking with booze or drinking booze with food brings out incredible depths of flavor you wouldn't otherwise get.

Reason #12,945,866 why booze is wonderful.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

chili is one example, and a lot of other stuff too, I'm sure
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

The only thing sissy about vodka is when people mix it or use it because THEY DONT LIKE THE TASTE OF LIQUOR. Shots of vodka are great, an occasional mixing is ok, but i love the clean drunk i get from vodka. for some reason i feel very level headed, and can think more clearly when drunk on vodka then with other liquors.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Miklo wrote:The only thing sissy about vodka is when people mix it or use it because THEY DONT LIKE THE TASTE OF LIQUOR. Shots of vodka are great, an occasional mixing is ok, but i love the clean drunk i get from vodka. for some reason i feel very level headed, and can think more clearly when drunk on vodka then with other liquors.
shots vodka with a screwdriver is okay

same here.

Lush30
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Lush30 »

Just adding my tuppence worth here... Vodka smells like Alcohol and Tastes like it. When I was younger I fully believed it had no tatse or smell - I found that not to be true when on my first experience with it I chugged half a tumbler of it neat and damn near puked right then and there lol

I'm prob going to be an outcast here but I cannot do shots, I always have to mix my drinks.
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just passionate about alcohol ; )

binary
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by binary »

Lush30 wrote: I'm prob going to be an outcast here but I cannot do shots, I always have to mix my drinks.
idk I am not much for shots in the normal sense. I can take 1.5 oz of bourbon and savor it rather quickly, but I can't toss it back. Doesn't hinder me too much since I like the taste of most booze.

fraklivanabre
Tippler
Tippler

Post by fraklivanabre »

Vodka is a very distinct tasting liquor. All vodka must be a minimum of 37.5% alcohol to be considered vodka by European standards, while most traditional vodkas are 40% alcohol (or 80 proof). Some consider vodka to be one of the truest forms of alcohol. Vodka is an alcoholic beverage that is made from produced from grains such as sorghum, corn, rye or wheat, although there are some vodkas made from potatoes, molasses, soybeans, grapes, rice, or sugar beets. Whatever is used gives the vodka a different flavor. It is then placed in a still and filtered a set number of times which can give different vodkas a distinctive flavor. The flavors added during distillation is also going to change the taste of the vodka.

Since all of these factors come into play, each vodka producer comes up with a vodka that taste slightly different from another's. This leaves the drinker with many varying options to consider when trying to choose which vodka is the right one for them. Should they go with a flavored vodka like the varieties produced by Svedka, Pinnacle, SKYY, and Smirnoff? Or maybe a more traditional vodka like Belvedere, Friis, Sobieski or Grey Goose?