Vodka: The Ultimate No-Tell Booze?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Vodka: The Ultimate No-Tell Booze?

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Goddamn commie bullshit, that's what I says.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Jem
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jem »

I've been drinking Vodka on the quiet, over the last three weeks or so, disguised as pints of cordial/squash. I'm not proud of having to hide my drinking, it is merely a short term coping method to deal with the horrible mistake I made in moving in with my present partner. Secretly it is of course brilliant fun. I'm not usually a consumer of vodka but there were a few bottles of it in the cabinet and it is easily hidden visually. So far no one seems to have noticed that I am maintaining a nice buzz throughout the evening by consuming about a third of bottle a night. So far so good.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Newport Pagnell must just throb with your vibrancy...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Jem
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jem »

Nothing throbs with vibrancy. Hence the vodka.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Don't all hard liquors essentially start out as vodka? Before you put them into casks and such...

Doesn't this make all hard liquors "flavored vodka?"

Cheers!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tdcwillies wrote:Don't all hard liquors essentially start out as vodka? Before you put them into casks and such...

Cheers!
can see where you are coming from, but vodka is distilled in a column still which is very efficient but leaves less flavour than a traditional pot still. Bourbon and single malt scotch and cognac are distilled in pot stills, which leave more character from the wash in the spirit. Blended whisky, most Irish Whiuskey, and most brandy are a mix of these spirits for character, and spirit produced in a column still for economy. Your point is collect in a loose sense, but there are subtle differences in the way different spirits are made.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:
tdcwillies wrote:Don't all hard liquors essentially start out as vodka? Before you put them into casks and such...

Cheers!
can see where you are coming from, but vodka is distilled in a column still which is very efficient but leaves less flavour than a traditional pot still. Bourbon and single malt scotch and cognac are distilled in pot stills, which leave more character from the wash in the spirit. Blended whisky, most Irish Whiuskey, and most brandy are a mix of these spirits for character, and spirit produced in a column still for economy. Your point is collect in a loose sense, but there are subtle differences in the way different spirits are made.
You, sir, are a man above men. I raise a toast to you.

Now once I get these damn kids out of my house, I will finally have a decent still to whet the appetite.

It;s taken me many attempots to write re- this, and they are finally leaving.

I got a new song, I need to find the song thread.

Cheers, good man.

vodkanaut
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkanaut »

If your blood is infused with alcohol, you will aspirate the odor of it. Vodka may not leave the tattletale secondary scents of bourbon or wine or beer on your breath, but you smell like ethanol. If the people around you act like they do not smell booze on you it is probably because people normally try to avoid confrontation or embarrasing situations. I learned this by expierience. I am now at a stage in my life where I drink as much as I want and I dont give a fuck if people can smell it or not. I'm a drunk. It's what I do.

This reminds me of a great quote from Burroughs, "There is one mark you can't beat. The one on the inside."
"Do you believe in the here after? Then you now know what I'm here after". Henry Rollins

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

You could start acting all germophobe like Howie Mandel. Then just carry hand sanitizer around with you and use it all the time. It reeks of the ethynol that is in it so it drys quickly. Pretty soon people get used to that smell around you. Then you're gold.

Or has this been stated before? I know this is not my own idea. Just can't recall where i heard or read it from.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Patchez wrote:You could start acting all germophobe like Howie Mandel. Then just carry hand sanitizer around with you and use it all the time. It reeks of the ethynol that is in it so it drys quickly. Pretty soon people get used to that smell around you. Then you're gold.

Or has this been stated before? I know this is not my own idea. Just can't recall where i heard or read it from.
Ha, I do that occasionally after a night out. We have several sanitizer stations throughout my building so I will put on a big show of using them.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

vodkanaut wrote:If the people around you act like they do not smell booze on you it is probably because people normally try to avoid confrontation or embarrasing situations
That would actually explain quite a bit...I was proud of the fact I never smelt like alcohol. I was only told once at work, and a couple times by the old lady. I need to start putting on an exta splash of old spice before I head out to work.

Jem wrote:I've been drinking Vodka on the quiet...Secretly it is of course brilliant fun...I am maintaining a nice buzz ...
This ^
There is a simple joy involved with being secretly drunk which compairs to nothing else.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs