JOIN THE REVOLUTION SIGN THE PETITION

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION SIGN THE PETITION

Post by Rooster »

We're down in double digits! Get the word out you Drunkards!

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

Just signed the petition, and the bottom of the page there is an ad for TJD Gifts, view the signature and see ad for TJD Shot glass. WTF is up with that?
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

Jr_DeCaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jr_DeCaveman »

That is Googles avertiving I have written them and asked that they stop promoting a product that I am trying to boycott and so far no such luck. I hate the fucking system

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

drunken_child wrote:That is Googles avertiving I have written them and asked that they stop promoting a product that I am trying to boycott and so far no such luck. I hate the fucking system
I tried using the feedback feature from the ads, all I got was a generic reply letter.
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

I'm doing my part on myspace...
Well ladies and gentlemen, drinkers and carousers alike... the mighty have fallen. Again. Brown-Forman, the corporation that owns the name and likeness of TJD has secretly lowered the alcohol content in TJD, while mounting a vigorous ad campaign extolling the virtues of "pride" and "tradition". They're also blatantly lying by claiming that the recipe is the same one they've been using for over 100 years. The alcohol content of TJD black label, "ol no 7" whiskey was originally 90proof, then lowered in the 80's to 86 proof. Last years dilluting brought that figure down to 80 proof. Any less alcohol content and they would have to remove "bourbon" from their label, as the bare minimum content for "bourbon whiskey" is 40%.

What does this mean? This means that corporate America is trying to fleece you and I, the customer out of our good hard bourbon. The extra 3% goes directly into their coffers as essentially free profit. The price of TJD has not changed one ounce.

"Well Mister Rooster, is there anyone looking out for me and fighting the good fight?" you ask... YES! The Patron Saint of Drinking, Frank Kelly Rich has taken up the banner, along with his magazine The Modern Drunkard. What you can do to get involved is to first educate yourself... then head over and join nearly 10, 000 other people in signing the petition!

Tell corporate America, "No sir, I most certainly do NOT want your fingers in my good Kentucky Sour Mash Bourbon. Go back and sip tea with your killjoy friends in MADD and AA!"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

zak wrote:Just signed the petition, and the bottom of the page there is an ad for TJD Gifts, view the signature and see ad for TJD Shot glass. WTF is up with that?
When I went there, a very long time ago, the Traitor JD ads were at the top of the site. Freakin' whores they are! All the more reason to destroy them.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

drunken_child wrote:That is Googles avertiving I have written them and asked that they stop promoting a product that I am trying to boycott and so far no such luck. I hate the fucking system

I too, wrote them. Got a bullshit nonanswer in reply; telling me they were "happy to hear my opinion" and they were "taking it in consideration."

REAM THEM UP THE ASS WITH AN EMPTY 1.75 OF TRAITOR! AAAUGH! AAAUGH! AAARG!

NOOO! NOT EMPTY!

FULL OF TABASCO SAUCE!
like tears in rain

BoozeHound667
Tippler
Tippler

Post by BoozeHound667 »

Just signed it, fucking sellouts.

R D Maynard
Tippler
Tippler

Post by R D Maynard »

Just get a fifth of 103-proof Fighting Cock - you'll forget all about Jack What's-his-name.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Getting very close, DC!
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

R D Maynard wrote:Just get a fifth of 103-proof Fighting Cock - you'll forget all about Jack What's-his-name.
Good for you man. I realized last night that Fighting Cock probably wasn't the best way to introduce me to Bourbon.

Jr_DeCaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jr_DeCaveman »

Fast Cast wrote:9958

Getting very close, DC!
indeed almost down to the final 20 We are now at 9979

Defunct
Banned From the Pub
Banned From the Pub

Post by Defunct »

zak wrote:
R D Maynard wrote:Just get a fifth of 103-proof Fighting Cock - you'll forget all about Jack What's-his-name.
Good for you man. I realized last night that Fighting Cock probably wasn't the best way to introduce me to Bourbon.
I don't want to ever drink anything with the word "Cock" on the label.

If I knew were I'd been, I'd tell you how to get there.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

drunken_child wrote:

Getting very close, DC!
If I hadn't signed it already, I would hope to be #10,000. That would be pretty rad.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

LadyRed wrote:
drunken_child wrote:

Getting very close, DC!
If I hadn't signed it already, I would hope to be #10,000. That would be pretty rad.
Now 9985 as I'm sipping on some Beam Black. So I'm figuring that March 26, 2005 will be the notorious date.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker