I Drink

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I Drink

Post by MORRISON »

I drink.

Monday: I usually get up around 6:30 or 6:45 a.m.. Most times I throw up on this day. I try and figure out if I’m able to go to work but my job is aware of my problem and Mondays I have to be there or they know. I struggle through the morning and at lunch I stop at the booze store so I won’t have to after work…lessons the time between leaving work and getting home for a fix. I usually buy a fifth of bourbon not intending to drink it all. That never works.

Tuesday: Sometimes I puke on Tuesday morning but not always. I go to work feeling a little bit better than the day before. At lunch I eat a bowl of soup and I hurry to the booze store so I don’t have to do it after work. I’m usually insane for a drink. I can’t eat without it.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday although I feel better and better as the week progresses. My hands are shaking noticeably by now. People try and hand me things at work but I just say “What ya got” and have them explain to me….rather than reaching out and reading it for myself. I buy breath mints every morning not because I drink in the morning but I still have liquor on my breath from the night before. I don’t drink in the morning during the week…that comes later.

Thursday: I’m feeling pretty good and I can finally get some work done. I try and do a weeks worth of work on Thursday. Liquor store run is still a lunch errand. I never drink at lunch but God how I want to.

Friday: Oh God. I feel the best on Friday but what good does that do you when you throw it all to hell @ 5:00. I generally but a liter for starters but that is for when I get home. My GF gets off earlier than I do so she beats me to the house. So I buy a pint of vodka and some chaser and drive around the neighborhood and pound it down. She drinks as well but not like me. We will usually finish that bottle on Friday night. I always hide a beer or two in the bathroom so I can have it for breakfast on Saturday.

Saturday: I get started right away with some stashed beers or a stiff bourbon if she is in the shower. Pretty much find a way to drink all day and night. By now I’m a mess.

Sunday: I swear I will not get drunk today. Yeah right. The cycle continues.

I drink.

M

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

You drink?

I think you're in the right place, pally.

So do I.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

bella

Post by bella »

I saw this beer truck the other day and the lisence plate said: "I am ~ because you drink"... I said sing it brother!
me loves the voddie

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven Sooooo, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven...
Brian O'Rourke
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

temporary anonimity
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by temporary anonimity »

This GF getting to the house before you business can be a real annoyance; I know, I went through that for a few years before we got married. If it's your crib, alone, you want to get there first and enjoy it for awhile before the GF festivities begin--or you want to get there whenever you damn well please and not feel someone is waiting on you. But I never found a place to send her, since she lived on the other side of town, and so I was stuck HAVING to show up soon after work, thus missing too many happy hours and always being fearful of whatever came through on the answering machine before I arrived. Someone said something true somewhere--don't get married till you're having trouble finding fun otherwise. I blew that aphorism, but it's cool, finally; I've adjusted. (Disregard all this if I misunderstood, and your GF in fact currently lives with you all the time).

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by MORRISON »

Glen Fiddich wrote:(Disregard all this if I misunderstood, and your GF in fact currently lives with you all the time).
No, you got it right.

M

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: I Drink

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

MORRISON wrote:I drink.

Monday: I usually get up around 6:30 or 6:45 a.m.. Most times I throw up on this day. I try and figure out if I’m able to go to work but my job is aware of my problem and Mondays I have to be there or they know. I struggle through the morning and at lunch I stop at the booze store so I won’t have to after work…lessons the time between leaving work and getting home for a fix. I usually buy a fifth of bourbon not intending to drink it all. That never works.

Tuesday: Sometimes I puke on Tuesday morning but not always. I go to work feeling a little bit better than the day before. At lunch I eat a bowl of soup and I hurry to the booze store so I don’t have to do it after work. I’m usually insane for a drink. I can’t eat without it.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday although I feel better and better as the week progresses. My hands are shaking noticeably by now. People try and hand me things at work but I just say “What ya got” and have them explain to me….rather than reaching out and reading it for myself. I buy breath mints every morning not because I drink in the morning but I still have liquor on my breath from the night before. I don’t drink in the morning during the week…that comes later.

Thursday: I’m feeling pretty good and I can finally get some work done. I try and do a weeks worth of work on Thursday. Liquor store run is still a lunch errand. I never drink at lunch but God how I want to.

Friday: Oh God. I feel the best on Friday but what good does that do you when you throw it all to hell @ 5:00. I generally but a liter for starters but that is for when I get home. My GF gets off earlier than I do so she beats me to the house. So I buy a pint of vodka and some chaser and drive around the neighborhood and pound it down. She drinks as well but not like me. We will usually finish that bottle on Friday night. I always hide a beer or two in the bathroom so I can have it for breakfast on Saturday.

Saturday: I get started right away with some stashed beers or a stiff bourbon if she is in the shower. Pretty much find a way to drink all day and night. By now I’m a mess.

Sunday: I swear I will not get drunk today. Yeah right. The cycle continues.

I drink.

M
No Sorry anything over 3 lines i don't even read :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

bella wrote:I saw this beer truck the other day and the lisence plate said: "I am ~ because you drink"... I said sing it brother!
The trucks for "Big Red," which is THE liquor store around here, have "follow me to the party" on the back. One night I tried it. It just went to Big Red, so I went in and bought some scotch. I guess that's the party. Fine with me.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Sounds like a party to me. It's not the number of people, it's teh number of bottles.
stop thinking start drinking