Games to play

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Games to play

Post by Dr. Dotto S. Blotto »

Trivia and alcohol are natural bedmates. NTN @ Buffalo Wild Wings.
Slave to the Id since 1968.
Less Talk, More Monkey

"DRIVE, MONKEY! DRIVE!" - Dante

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto wrote:Trivia and alcohol are natural bedmates. NTN @ Buffalo Wild Wings.
I too like the NTN.

Drunken indoor bicycle racing can also be fun.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

old crow
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by old crow »

used to skateboard back from the bar with friends and there was a nice hill to bomb that went through a couple blind intersections, no way of knowing if you're gonna get hit or not just chance it, going too fast to bail or turn. such a fucking thrill

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Scrabble is a pain in the ass to play drunk unless you have the travel version. It's hard to play if you have the shakes, as well.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

If you're in the UP, Cribbage is probably the best game to play whilst drinking. Hell, even if you're south of the bridge, it's a solid drinking game.

Props to Liz on "I Spy with my Little Eye".

"Pull my Finger" is another great game.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

I play the 'fall down' game. You'll go from novice to expert in no time.

The wife plays the 'run to the potty to puke' game. Again, no experience needed.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

EGad987
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by EGad987 »

My vote is for "Never Have I Ever" which is a total high school game but you learn a lot of strange shit about your friends. Bu no one will remember it, so it's ok. Just don't blame me when you're single and you don't remember why, I've been there too many times to take the blame. I'm amazed I even get to date.

Also there's a board game called "Would You Rather" that is a blast to play, used to bring it to my bar on slow nights and play with the regulars.

I recommend the latter, but the former is pretty fun as well. And a lot easier when you're on the island.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Surreal wrote:If you're in the UP, Cribbage is probably the best game to play whilst drinking. Hell, even if you're south of the bridge, it's a solid drinking game.
Concur. Except I hear no mention of Euchre? Blasphemy!
I also agree with the Falling Down game. Another fun one is 'Stick Your Hand in the Fire to Shift a Burning Log'. Good times, good times.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Pants.

Chair.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

One drunken game I haven't played in a while is one where my buddy would meet some girls and bring them over to the table. Then, he would introduce you. The deal was, you had to go into character as whatever the introduction was. Kinda like "Dirty Rotten Scondrels" without the eye patch. Some favorites:

Australian Opal Miner
Mel Gibson's stunt double
Deaf Mute
Best buddy who just lost his parents in a plane crash
"My friend Bo, he has Turrette's"

It always made for an ['MUTHERFUCKER"] interesting ["COCKSUCKER"] evening.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Mumbley peg
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

One game from high school I still enjoy is poker. BUT in this version, everyone who doesn't win takes a shot. Excellent to play with a large group of women, but be warned, playing longer than 30 minutes will result in crying/vomitting/not sex. Enjoy!
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

The card game "Bull Shit" is always fun when alcohol is involved.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

There's a game called "Cardinal Puff" that was played by the legendary Texas quarterback, Bobby Layne, and his Detroit Lions teammates, back in the '50s -- when they won THREE NFL championships.

I don't know the rules, other than it starts with, "Let's drink a toast to Cardinal Puff", everyone repeats that line and takes a drink and then the toasts to Cardinal Puff become progressively more complicated -- with extra drinks assigned to those who flub the repeating of the various toasts.

***EDIT***

Googled "Cardinal Puff"...

http://www.barmeister.com/games/rules/95/?o=top100
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Drinky the Drunk Guy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Drinky the Drunk Guy »

In the last century, we used to play what we called "Signs"... everyone adopted a one-handed gesture which was their sign (i.e., a peace sign, a flip of the bird, thumb's up, hook'em horns, etc, you get the drift...being bearded, mine was always a quick stroke of my chin).

To start "person A" would do their sign, then someone else's (B), who would *very quickly* (too slow and you DRINK) do *their* sign (B) then somebody else's, (A, C, D, etc... you want a good 5 or more for this one). Basically "passing" from one person to another, sometimes back and forth. They do *not* accumulate... just your sign, then another. Then:
If you don't respond quickly, you DRINK.
If you flub a sign (yours or someone elses), you DRINK.
If you speak, you DRINK.
If you point your finger at anyone, you DRINK (pointing is only acceptable with an elbow)
Play until everyone's drunk or tired of it.

Hope I 'splained it alright. It's really easy, and gets to be a hoot the drunker everyone is (duh!). We also came up with a spin-off we called "Sounds" which was the same thing but with noises... Goofy shit, but alotta fun.

{Also cheers to those who mentioned Cribbage and Pool, two of my favorite drunken activities. My g/f and I also play drunken Tetris and a cute rpg called Dokapon Kingdom on our ol' PS2. Then we toddle off to bed and play those other drunken games we love so well...}
"When I'm not drinkin'... I'm thinkin' 'bout drinkin'..." — The Meat Purveyors