Power? No. Booze? Yes!!!!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Power? No. Booze? Yes!!!!

Post by UnkleLemmy »

WooHoo!

Even during the biggest blackout ever, my neighboorhood bar stayed open. The rest of the city was shut down but the bars stayed up. Shows that peoples prioritys are right. They had a generator outside for power, full bar, music playing, even a grill set upoutside to cook!

We live in a damn fine country.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

nice, i drank on the porch
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

Right you are sir. We think there was a lot of consumption across the board, by drunks (obviously, and of course) but also by "THE CASUALS". Any place with a patio and/or generator was rockin. Kudos to your Old Toad for being prepared for all calamities.
killed a twelve just to watch it die

Libation
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Libation »

And BTW, isn't the PGA tour there now---(oh yeah we just remembered you said you saw Daly, well that explains that)
killed a twelve just to watch it die

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

I stayed in during the blackout...um...power failure. I was worried about the important things in the fridge going bad. I couldn't bear the thought of all my beer getting warm. I took all the ice out of the freeser, put it in a cooler and put all the beer in the cooler. But I know that wouldn't last forever and not knowing how long ther power would be out I decided to drink all the beer so I didn't have to worry about it. It took a few hours, but I got it done, before it got warm.

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Best thing you could do in those circumstances. No waste of precious beer. It would have been unforgivable.