23%BEER

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

23%BEER

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

While off on my recent enforced holiday, i decided to try a few new beers. One i came across is the Dogfish Head Craft Brewery's, Worldwide Stout. Now this "beer" weighs in a ridiculous 23.04%abv. You get it in 12oz bottles and it is the most potent thing i have ever tasted, that wasn't labeled spirit. When you drink it, the alchohol taste hits you like a ton of bricks, the beer seems to stick to your lips like glue. whenever you lick your lips the alchohol flavour, just keeps coming back. You should all try this at least once, it is a definate experience :twisted:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

i've had triple bocks (only 13%, but i know of what you're talking of... i don't know what i just said). but anyhow, the triple bock's are so thick, by the time you drain one, your belly is full and you're about done drinking.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

I know what you mean, this stuff is almost like drinking alchohol laced gravy, a recipe for which i shall be posting soon. :twisted:

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I have a friend, Brewmaster Dave, who makes beers like that. Insane alcohol content with stick to your ribs goodness.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

I used to make my own beer and wine, but it was when i built my own still, things got really interesting :twisted:

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

World Wide Stout is good stuff. Not cheap though. I think one bottle goes for about $10.00, correct? Thats a regular 16 ouncer. It's got the true dry stout taste to it too. A bit much for me, but good none the less.
-Andrew

BeerGnome
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by BeerGnome »

naaa.. its going for about$10 a six pack round these here parts..

now..the Sam adams Utopious.. that goes for about $100 a bottle.. and really isnt that much stronger than world wide
Dog fish head also operates thier own distelery at the Rehoboth beach pub making rums and vodcas..
now..the last time I was in Portland OR.. i visted up with Brew Mster Allen at Hair of the dog and he poured me a ten year old barely wine wieghing in at 26% of course.. this was private reserve, it was aged in oak.. and it was tottal heaven.. No fusal burn at all. thick yes.. but no damn burn at all but after a couple of sips.. you knew that it was in there.

nope.. Dogfish and sammy are having a little war right now to see who can make the strongest non-distilled spirit.. and the only thing going for sammy right now is a bigger miller backed bankroll
my money is on the little guy.. but I allready know that Hair of the dog has done it.. did it years before the war, and knows how to do it with out it smacking you around.
then Allens buisnes is making BIG ASS BEER.. but he doesnt have the capacity to make a mass marketed commercial scale product like that. but I know he could.. but the run would be under 5,000 bottles .. and big beer hunters would be fighting tooth and nail for it
I killed a six pack just to watch it die

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

hey tartan,where did you get that beer?was it in a small local place or a chain shop? do you remember how much it was?i have to try that :twisted:
mine's a pint

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

$10 a six pack? Fuck... I checked today, its selling for $9.00 a bottle around here. It sells well though..

Sam Adams Utopia comes in a nice little bottle. It looks like an old fashioned brew pot.
-Andrew

BeerGnome
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by BeerGnome »

AndrewS wrote:$10 a six pack? Fuck... I checked today, its selling for $9.00 a bottle around here. It sells well though..

Sam Adams Utopia comes in a nice little bottle. It looks like an old fashioned brew pot.
Dude.. you need to shop around more man.. even in the single bottle sales store I hit.. them bottles arent going for anything over $4 a bottle geographicly.. the shipment charges should be far less for you..

then.. in virginia.. we like to keep our beer cheap.. and our smokes even cheaper

( just paid $20 for a carton of marlboro lights! Nooch!)
I killed a six pack just to watch it die

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

Seriously. I checked around, only two places around me (reasonable distance) carry it and both are pretty high, around the price listed before.

I don't smoke, but cigarettes are very expensive around here too, I think we are about the highest in the country. I'm also paying about $1.95 a gallon for premium gas. Oh well, the costs of living in NY - it's pricey!
-Andrew

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

thirsty4beer wrote:hey tartan,where did you get that beer?was it in a small local place or a chain shop? do you remember how much it was?i have to try that :twisted:
I got it from Safeway, it was £6 a bottle, i have heard it can also be found in Oddbins.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

let the hunt commence
mine's a pint

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

thirsty4beer wrote:let the hunt commence
Good hunting my friend :D

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

23%? Not as high as the level in my blood at midnight.
stop thinking start drinking