Great Drunks

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Great Drunks

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Oggar wrote:Robert Mitchum- I don't think he gets ernough credit. He lived to be pretty old and his drinking even held up production on his last movie.
Speaking of Robert Mitchum, anybody ever see, "Night of the Hunter"?incredible fuckin movie. Mitch is so evil in it. Spike Lee ripped it off when he did "Do the Right Thing"
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

"Ah, little lad, you're staring at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E! It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E! You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends, the hand of love. Now watch, and I'll show you the story of life. Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warring and a-tugging, one agin t'other. Now watch 'em! Old brother left hand, left hand he's a fighting, and it looks like love's a goner. But wait a minute! Hot dog, love's a winning! Yessirree! It's love that's won, and old left hand hate is down for the count!"
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

"And the academy goes to....UnkleLemmy for his portrayal of Rev. Powell..."

Shelley Winters was great in that movie.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

Max Vol wrote:Mitchum was cool. Didn't he get busted for pot back in the 40s or 50s? Talk about a pioneer..
Yeah I think he served six months in the LA County Jail in 1949. But before he even started acting he did time on a Gerogia chain gang.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:
Max Vol wrote:Mitchum was cool. Didn't he get busted for pot back in the 40s or 50s? Talk about a pioneer..
Yeah I think he served six months in the LA County Jail in 1949. But before he even started acting he did time on a Gerogia chain gang.
Yeah, he got busted for being a "vagrant" as a teenager and was put on a chang gain. Then in 49 he got busted for Marijuana possesion.