First Drunk On The Left

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

First Drunk On The Left

Post by LuckyStrikes »

That would be Pete. Our town drunk. He comes through our building once or twice a week. I lot of people avoid him. He is always drunk, and sometimes he forgets that he has a bathtub. I like to chat with Pete. He is on disability. Because he drinks too much to work. He drinks all day and all night. What a life! He came in my office this morning and sang Danny Boy. If I had a lit a match, Pete would be in my garbage can right now. Reeked. I asked him what he had been drinking and he said since it was close to the end of the month (he gets 1 check a month) he had to be creative and mixed up a special brew of Wild Irish Rose, Natural Light and Morgan David. He said he puts it in jugs and lets the jugs sit in the sun for days before consuming. That's the part where I thought to myself "nah, I'll just keep my day job."
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

that recipe could be a contender in the worst drink topic.
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

observations:
1. geez, the 20th is close to the end of the month? poor poor Pete.
2. Total disability for drinking always? Must be a generous Bureau of.
3. Set the jugs out for days? Ain't he tempted to consume before they ripen?
4. Keeping the day job. Good fer you Lucky. You'd miss the lounge chair in the office, we'd all miss yer posts.
AHLL BE BOCK

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

that recipe makes me curious though :shock:
mine's a pint

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: First Drunk On The Left

LuckyStrikes wrote:mixed up a special brew of Wild Irish Rose, Natural Light and Morgan David. He said he puts it in jugs and lets the jugs sit in the sun for days
a real life a shock and awe campaign
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Thee Totaller wrote:observations:
1. geez, the 20th is close to the end of the month? poor poor Pete.
2. Total disability for drinking always? Must be a generous Bureau of.
3. Set the jugs out for days? Ain't he tempted to consume before they ripen?
4. Keeping the day job. Good fer you Lucky. You'd miss the lounge chair in the office, we'd all miss yer posts.
Yeah, down here by the middle of month, all the old folks, disabled and public assistance folks are lying low. You can shoot cannons in the grocery stores and not hit anyone. This state, literally, pays pennies in assistance. I think we are ranked 50th.

Lots of folks on disability down here. If you have been drinking shat like Wild Irish Rose, and Paw Paw's moonshine since you were old enough to lift a jug, you'd have physical problems too.

Thanks Thee Totaller. Our internet has been acting up for the past couple of days. If it goes completely out, I'm calling in sick. No way Jose am I gonna sit here for 8 hours without MDM.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

There's a guy kind of like that in Mankato. His name is Ray but I think he's living on the insurance from a dead wife. He basically has his own cab comes around "Hey Ray time to go." I saw him undrunk once at an ungodly early hour in Perkins, I think he had just been woken up, strangley he seemed much less friendly than normal but he was on his way to the bar. Iwas on my way from a party. I was like shift change for the drunks.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Wait, wait - you can get disability for drinking? Is that like when Homer decided to just get really fat so he could stay at home?
stop thinking start drinking

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Joe Twelvepack wrote:Wait, wait - you can get disability for drinking? Is that like when Homer decided to just get really fat so he could stay at home?
I think so, but it has to much more fun.
-Winston Churchill

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

How much and for how long would you have to drink? After a certain amount of times forcing you through AA, do they just give up and start sending you a check?
stop thinking start drinking

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I dont know, but i think its definately doing the research. you know, you need to find out if it would be cost effective (money not being the only currency).
-Winston Churchill

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

instaed of sending you a check could they just send the check to the liquor store and have them deliver once a month??

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

CrunchyPissCrystals wrote:I dont know, but i think its definately doing the research. you know, you need to find out if it would be cost effective (money not being the only currency).
Crunchy I asked someone the specifics of Pete's disability today. They said he is receiving it for mental reasons. She said he has been drunk for every waking hour of his life for the past 20 years (that she can remember), so to the state, he appears to be one can short of a six pack. And he has been in and out jail so much for public intoxication, he racked up a lot of stays at dry out centers and mental hospitals. But he has quite a deal. Free housing, health care, food stamps and a check for the liquor.

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

LuckyStrikes wrote:
CrunchyPissCrystals wrote:I dont know, but i think its definately doing the research. you know, you need to find out if it would be cost effective (money not being the only currency).
Crunchy I asked someone the specifics of Pete's disability today. They said he is receiving it for mental reasons. She said he has been drunk for every waking hour of his life for the past 20 years (that she can remember), so to the state, he appears to be one can short of a six pack. And he has been in and out jail so much for public intoxication, he racked up a lot of stays at dry out centers and mental hospitals. But he has quite a deal. Free housing, health care, food stamps and a check for the liquor.
In that case, I'm with you. I'll keep my crappy day job for now. Though, I'm still looking to move to a place, any place that has bars with at least 2 happy hours.
-Winston Churchill