So sad I almost cried

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

So sad I almost cried

Post by SeeNoEvil »

I apologize for paraphrasing DPAW on such a sad topic but here goes...

I was at the local liquor super store (Woodman's) buying beer and a bottle of Jack which is usually my Friday routine to celebrate the opening of the weekend. I was in the rum and vodka aisle browsing for my next conquest when I heard someone yell "holy shit!!" followed by the sound of breaking glass. Of course I had to go check out what happened. Apparently this guy had picked up a case of Newcastle to put in his cart when the bottem of the case gave way and the sixers came crashing to the floor. I don't think more than five or six beers survived the fall. The horror of the sight nearly brought tears to my eyes. A sad day, I may have nightmares over the incident. Anyone have a number for a good therapist?

Again to DPAW my apologies, and to the rest of you wonderful drunkards I hope this wasn't a buzzkill.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

I know a few damned good therapists, yeah. You can find them all back at that liquor store.

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

You know, that's not far from the truth. I've been involved in several fine conversations at liquor stores, bars, etc. Some of these people I would listen to over a therapist any day. Our friend alcohol brings out the philosopher in all of us. I just wish I could follow or even remember some of the advice I've given to friends while drunk. I've heard it's quite good.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

I think he was referring to Dr. Cuervo, Captain Morgan (certified psychiatrist, yarrrr), etc.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

The Jug has it. If you're looking for bipedal psychophilosophers, accost random old men at the bar.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: So sad I almost cried

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

SeeNoEvil wrote:I apologize for paraphrasing DPAW on such a sad topic but here goes...

I was at the local liquor super store (Woodman's) buying beer and a bottle of Jack which is usually my Friday routine to celebrate the opening of the weekend. I was in the rum and vodka aisle browsing for my next conquest when I heard someone yell "holy shit!!" followed by the sound of breaking glass. Of course I had to go check out what happened. Apparently this guy had picked up a case of Newcastle to put in his cart when the bottem of the case gave way and the sixers came crashing to the floor. I don't think more than five or six beers survived the fall. The horror of the sight nearly brought tears to my eyes. A sad day, I may have nightmares over the incident. Anyone have a number for a good therapist?

Again to DPAW my apologies, and to the rest of you wonderful drunkards I hope this wasn't a buzzkill.
i dropped a bottle of bombay in the liquor store a few months ago. i felt like crying until i saw everyone staring at me, so i looked at friend and said rather loudly, "what are you doing? lick it up before it goes to wadste." everyone laughed, i didn't have to pay.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:
SeeNoEvil wrote:I apologize for paraphrasing DPAW on such a sad topic but here goes...

i dropped a bottle of bombay in the liquor store a few months ago. i felt like crying until i saw everyone staring at me, so i looked at friend and said rather loudly, "what are you doing? lick it up before it goes to wadste." everyone laughed, i didn't have to pay.
You killed Victoria? Or did she commit suicide at the idea of going home with the likes of you? She was rather, prude you know. Except around John Brown. Then she let her bloomers fly.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

sum of all beers
Souse
Souse

Post by sum of all beers »

LuckyStrikes wrote:
deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:

You killed Victoria? Or did she commit suicide at the idea of going home with the likes of you? She was rather, prude you know. Except around John Brown. Then she let her bloomers fly.
if they're going to let drunks into a liquor store, they should expect a few casualties once in a while. occupational hazards.
are you insane officer, of course that beer can's empty