ripple?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

massivedrunk

ripple?

Post by massivedrunk »

i was watching sanford and sun, what is ripple? any help would be nice. thanks, dave
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Ripple is a wine from the bum-growing region of the US. The grapes used are of the glow-in-dark variety and grown on slopes facing such facilities as the nearest leaking nuclear power plant.
It comes in flavours ranging from repellent to emetic.
It tends to be favoured by connoisseurs of the coma.
Last edited by Palinka (RIP) on Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

ahh not familiar with the bum growing region of the us, is that where wild irish rose, sisco, night train, and mad dog are fermented.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

Yeah, what he said.

In the movie "Top Secret", Val Kilmer orders some, and when it is poured into a glass, the glass dissolves.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

MassiveDrunk wrote:ahh not familiar with the bum growing region of the us, is that where wild irish rose, sisco, night train, and mad dog are fermented.
Hey, both WIld rish Rose and Cisco are made just a empty bottles throw away from where I live. Does that make this area the Mecca of Bum Wine?

PS-For a good primmer on "fortified wines" (the PC term) check out htis link:

http://www.tcsn.net/rags/bum/
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

im crying im laughing so hard lemmuel, thank you

DICKTRON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by DICKTRON »

Speaking of quality fortified wines, anybody ever have Red Rocket? Or, it's more elusive cousin, White Rocket? I haven't seen it in years, and really only found it in convenience stores on the West Side of Cleveland. The stuff was foul--there was a half-assed attempt to add a little fruit flavor, but it was overpowered by the extremely chemical taste. And the "Red Wine" variety was glow in the dark red. The "White Wine" version was even worse, there was no attempt to mask the chemical taste.

However, when I first moved up here, and wasn't working, I could walk down to the store, drop a 10 spot, walk out with a bottle of the Rocket, a 12 of Black Label, a pack of generic smokes, and still have bus fare for the next day. Not that I was particularly functional the next day, or two.
Smoking cigarette and drinking rye
I was feeling human in the shadowed light
I was born waiting for the lights to change
I'm here heading into the rain
I'm alive
let's get drunk & drive
Pere Ubu--Wasteland

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Does anyone remember Boone's Farm? I drank that swig in junior high. Apple. Do they make it anymore?
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

LuckyStrikes wrote:Does anyone remember Boone's Farm? I drank that swig in junior high. Apple. Do they make it anymore?
As far as I know they do. Of course I haven't actively looked for the stuff in a long long time. I always bought boone's farm strawberry hill (I think that's the right name of it). Basically, a 40oz wine cooler that rewarded the unlucky consumer with a nice pounding headache after the fourth or fifth bottle.

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

LuckyStrikes wrote:Does anyone remember Boone's Farm? I drank that swig in junior high. Apple. Do they make it anymore?
I don't think that is made anymore. I'm having a hard time finding anything about it. I know its an old E&J Gallo wine but they don;t mention it at all on their website. I found a review site, but they too had no listed sellers. The search is on....
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Bill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Bill »

Yes.

Bill

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Good one Lemmy!! I choked on my turkey sandwich when I saw your new avatar.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

loftyendeavors
Tippler
Tippler

Post by loftyendeavors »

Boones Farm is still around,
and in a multitude of new colors!
Most of the new colors however only contain a paltry 5% alcohol,
with a few exceptions.
"...romance is mush, stifling lows who strive, ill live a lush life in some small dive..... and there ill be, while I rot with the rest, of those -- whos -- lives are lonely too.."

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

In "sunny" Glasgow, the wine of choice for the pavement connoisseur is buckfast tonic wine. Made by the monks of Buckfast abbey.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:In "sunny" Glasgow, the wine of choice for the pavement connoisseur is buckfast tonic wine. Made by the monks of Buckfast abbey.
And it is some evil shit!
Maybe they're satanic monks...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage