Great American Beer Fest

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Great American Beer Fest

Post by rocko »

Anybody going to this? It's next weekend in Denver, CO. I'm working the judging (as a steward, not a judge) and then I'll be at the Saturday afternoon session. Tickets are pretty pricey at 35 apiece for most sessions and 50 apiece for saturday aft. but it's all the beer you can drink for four hours and it's a beer lovers paradise. Public drunkeness and humiliation will ensue.
You can kill a man for cheatin',
you can kill him for his shoes,
but expect to catch a beatin' if you're reachin' for his booze

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

It is my fondest dream that I one day be able to go there.

I would kill to do judging there. I kept meaning to take my BJCP exam, but laziness and sloth being the powerful forces they are, I never got to it.

MDM might see about arranging a travel package in the future - what better place for a drunken convention?
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Angep
Souse
Souse

Post by Angep »

Is it in Denver every year, or does it change locations?

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Angep wrote:Is it in Denver every year, or does it change locations?
Far as I know, it's always been, and will always be, in Denver.

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

The big one is always here in denver. They have lesser ones around the country, in phillie for instance, but none like this one.

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bottomsup »

Sounds like a good time to me, i know i could drink my $50 bucks worth in 4 hrs...to bad i live in Canada. I was in Denver a while back nice place. If i am ever there again i will defenilty come this time of year and check out the booze fest.

l8tr
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

rocko wrote:The big one is always here in denver. They have lesser ones around the country, in phillie for instance, but none like this one.
First of all i think im moving to denver, second what do they have goin on in philly?

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

They have in years past held some "On The Road" events, one of which I remember being in Philly. Not sure if they're doing it this year though. Check this website out:

http://www.beertown.org

Thats where they have all of the info about the GABF.

Also, when are you moving to denver? I can give you some good bars to check out, if you're interested.

rocko
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by rocko »

bump!

Go to the beerfest, you drunks.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

I dunno, man, maybe it's just me, but I never had a raging ripup at these beer festivals or Octoberfests or sampler nights or whatnot. Always struck me as lots of dough for a large disproportionately amatuer crowd, with a modicum of hassle getting your next drink (and any hassle getting your next drink--even a modicum of hassle-- is, by definition, monumental). But hey don't let me dissuade anyone. By all means go, but I think I'll just stay here and drink.
AHLL BE BOCK

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Thee Totaller wrote:I dunno, man, maybe it's just me, but I never had a raging ripup at these beer festivals or Octoberfests or sampler nights or whatnot. Always struck me as lots of dough for a large disproportionately amatuer crowd, with a modicum of hassle getting your next drink (and any hassle getting your next drink--even a modicum of hassle-- is, by definition, monumental). But hey don't let me dissuade anyone. By all means go, but I think I'll just stay here and drink.
To a certain extent, very good point. We have a smaller beer fest here, and it's just frat boys. It's so crowded you can't get a decent drink on. Last time, I ended up at the PBR table, talking to the rep and some other drunks all night. At the end, though, everyone wants to get rid of the shit so they hook you up. That last 15 minutes is a doosey. For me, I think I just like the idea that there is still an event devoted only to beer. One step back for the puritains. Plus they have free shit like shirts and posters, and there is an oompah band. I guess $30 once a year is a good time.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Combat Rock wrote:That last 15 minutes is a doosey.
Hey! You used my name without express written consent! Pony up the royalties... :) :lol:

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

fdoosey wrote:Hey! You used my name without express written consent! Pony up the royalties... :) :lol:
And now it seems that KHD's true legacy becomes appallingly apparent...
rocko wrote:...Go to the beerfest, you drunks.
Pay for my aeroplane ticket and I'll be there.
Hell, I'll even go 50/50 with you on the price of my entry ticket to the event itself!.
Last edited by Palinka (RIP) on Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

VodkaHero
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by VodkaHero »

Well, I went to the Great Canadian Beerfest, it was decent. I got hammered, so what's there to complain about?

It was pricey though. Ended up costing me the same as a night out at the bar.
Happiness is a pint of guinness and a shot of jack.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

VodkaHero wrote:Well, I went to the Great Canadian Beerfest, it was decent. I got hammered, so what's there to complain about?

It was pricey though. Ended up costing me the same as a night out at the bar.
well as you sid the pricethey should make these fests cheeper so you can get drunk and save, i mean hel the less you pay at door the more worfless crap you can buy when drunk, an thats where they make all ther dough
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard