Wino wisdom you hear on the bus

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bottomsup »

Don't ride the loser cruiser much these days but in my youth...you can find some real gems. "these are the people in your neighborhood in your neighborhood in you...

l8tr
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

DrunkFishEat
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by DrunkFishEat »

I'm on public transportation all the time. Funniest thing I heard today was a girl tell another girl "I don't think there's any event worth taping your breasts up for, I don't care who's going to be there"

Drunk Injun
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Drunk Injun »

I was sitting on the sidewalk enjoying a tallboy in the Bowery, enjoying a conversation with some local chap, when a vagrant walked by screaming: "Im gunna do it! In broad day light, In broad daylight, you fucking bitch in broad daylight!"

Go on brother! Ahhh NYC, I love that town.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Dan Quixote
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dan Quixote »

I was getting a lift home from a buddy one night, and as we were driving through downtown I saw a man wearing red shoes, red slack, a red shirt, a red coat, and a red hat, and wearing a sign that said BLUE. He started shouting "It's True!" over and over as we passed by. There was a crowd of winos gathered behind him, looking at him like he was some giant bottle of hooch, or Wino royalty. My buddy, who was undrunk at the time, saw it too.

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

little five points in atlanta georgia has some of the wisest winos i ever met. 2 black men were going to fight over who was going to be the most hospitable to us at the train station. a drunk sittin' in the corner watchin' said, "we train 'em good down here."
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re:

Post by coqui_chris »

Drunk Injun wrote:I was sitting on the sidewalk enjoying a tallboy in the Bowery, enjoying a conversation with some local chap, when a vagrant walked by screaming: "Im gunna do it! In broad day light, In broad daylight, you fucking bitch in broad daylight!"

Go on brother! Ahhh NYC, I love that town.
Drunk Injun was/is one of my most favorite posters on this website.

The screaming, ranting bum is always a classic. I remember being up at a deli near Temple with my friend to go get our dinner of hoagies/steaks and 40s, when this other guy starts walking past us on the other side of the chips shouting: "I GOT A DICK! YOU GOT A DICK! I GOT A DICK, AND YOU GOT A DICK! I GOT A PUSSY! I GOT A DICK AND A PUSSY!"

It wasn't my first encounter with this bum, but it was the first time I realized that he may be a hermaphrodite. Or else really really really high on crack-cocaine. Either way.

It might not have been that dinner; most likely it was another time, but we were at the same deli pulling Bud Ice 40s out a fridge when some other random customer stops us.

"HO!" he says. "Ho ... You know that ain't no malt liquor, right?"
We pointed him to the ABV and he was like, "Oh, ok ok, I see. So its got some kick to it, huh? Know what, I'mma try that," and he puts one of his Silver Thunders back in the fridge and grabs a Bud Ice 40.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Re:

Post by ***** »

coqui_chris wrote:
It might not have been that dinner; most likely it was another time, but we were at the same deli pulling Bud Ice 40s out a fridge when some other random customer stops us.

We pointed him to the ABV and he was like, "Oh, ok ok, I see. So its got some kick to it, huh? Know what, I'mma try that," and he puts one of his Silver Thunders back in the fridge and grabs a Bud Ice 40.
I got a couple of customers at King Edward's in LA to get 7 oz Budweisers for $1.25 rather than the 12 oz for $2.50. Wino math problems are the best.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Re:

Post by coqui_chris »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:

I got a couple of customers at King Edward's in LA to get 7 oz Budweisers for $1.25 rather than the 12 oz for $2.50. Wino math problems are the best.
Whoever said you weren't a humanitarian was a fucking liar.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Wino wisdom you hear on the bus

Post by Savage »

Hugh Janblack. And his boozeluge. Damn. I been here a while.
like tears in rain