Absinthe

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

Palinka wrote: Also, I imagine that most people would be fair annoyed if they ordered absinthe and only received "absi."
you know what i meant.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

a bastard frined of mine(if i should call him friend) is trying to discourage me from ordering aaying something about blood poisioning... only things heard about that is from mideval times where twas bootleged
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Omar The Tentmaker wrote:...only things heard about that is from mideval times where twas bootleged
Since absinthe wasn't produced before 1792, I think that both you and your friend may be getting a wee bit confused.
In any case it is extremely unlikely that anything with the alcohol content of absinthe could carry enough bacteria to cause septicaemia.

For more information read the article in our own much beloved MDM: http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issue ... sinthe.htm

And if you still thirst for knowledge (booze is a given) you could purchase Mr Conrad's book or any of the books listed in his bibliography: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 1?v=glance
(or just ask your local library to get a copy).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Enabler
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Absinthe

Post by Enabler »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:
Captain Mullocked wrote:II really want to try absinthe but have not really been able to afford it. I looked it up on the internet and found a whole bunch of site that sell it for really cheap or sell abssinthe kits in the US. Most of these also sell mushroom kits and things of that sort. I'm more than a bit leary of trying this, has anyone ever tried these kits or know anything about them.
i did the mushroom thing wheni was nineteen. hard as hell. you would thing a fungus that grows naturally in cow dung it would be a bit more robust. very easy to screw up. just order your absinthe. only undrunk people have the motivation to make their own shit properly.
Just to stay off topic, I found that growing shrooms was easy. Google 'PF Tek'. That is the way to do it. I'm a legitimate business man now though, nothing but martinis and scotch. And a little salvia on the side. And the beer. And home-brew. And the merlot. Just payed the bills and I'm poor again, I need some absinthe. What?
Mad Hatters Long Gone, But The Mercury Lingers On

Barca

Post by Barca »

Palinka wrote:
Omar The Tentmaker wrote:...only things heard about that is from mideval times where twas bootleged
Since absinthe wasn't produced before 1792, I think that both you and your friend may be getting a wee bit confused.
In any case it is extremely unlikely that anything with the alcohol content of absinthe could carry enough bacteria to cause septicaemia.

For more information read the article in our own much beloved MDM: http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issue ... sinthe.htm

And if you still thirst for knowledge (booze is a given) you could purchase Mr Conrad's book or any of the books listed in his bibliography: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 1?v=glance

It's very true, the vast majority of the negative side effects attributed to absinthe are lies started by the temperance community and the French wine industry around the time of American prohibition. Absinthe, as a rule, is no more dangerous than any other type of alcohol.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Like DrunkenJackFlask I too was inspired by an ad in Modern Drunkard for the La Boheme/Absinthe Original version. I've ordered from them three times now without a hitch. It arrives in about a week from the Czech Republic and each bottle earned me an excellent (albeit strange) drunk. I've got some of my drinking buddies hooked and we have an absinthe night out at least once a month. Nothing quite like it. Anyhoo, they have a banner up in MDM's link section.

Hank
“When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.”--Bukowski

Drunk Injun
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Det gron fee

Post by Drunk Injun »

..........how did you all get in my room......?

I picked up a bottle of Absinth in Prauge in 2000. I dont remember what brand it was or how much it was......or falling down a flight of stairs. Im not really up on its legality here abroad, but I was able to purchase it in Prauge and Sweden. I usualy undrunk up with a sixer of Checkvar.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.â€

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

Palinka wrote:

mideval hah, i meant older european times round when they started banning it.
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Circling over Shannon
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sorry to inform you that party headquaters has closed its doors in Philly and has moved to Baltimore

Post by Circling over Shannon »

Enabler wrote:
deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:
Captain Mullocked wrote:II really want to try absinthe but have not really been able to afford it. I looked it up on the internet and found a whole bunch of site that sell it for really cheap or sell abssinthe kits in the US. Most of these also sell mushroom kits and things of that sort. I'm more than a bit leary of trying this, has anyone ever tried these kits or know anything about them.
i did the mushroom thing wheni was nineteen. hard as hell. you would thing a fungus that grows naturally in cow dung it would be a bit more robust. very easy to screw up. just order your absinthe. only undrunk people have the motivation to make their own shit properly.
Just to stay off topic, I found that growing shrooms was easy. Google 'PF Tek'. That is the way to do it. I'm a legitimate business man now though, nothing but martinis and scotch. And a little salvia on the side. And the beer. And home-brew. And the merlot. Just payed the bills and I'm poor again, I need some absinthe. What?
I have two very large beautiful Salvias but thus far have not used them for recreational purposes. I've heard it's great---but I'm not sure if I have the heart to start "harvesting" yet

DrunkenJackFlask
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by DrunkenJackFlask »

Henry Chinaski wrote:...I too was inspired by an ad in Modern Drunkard for the La Boheme/Absinthe Original version. I've ordered from them three times now without a hitch...
Yeah! I have someone with the same experience to talk with! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my order, while a little concerned that I haven't gotten the "email confirmation" they promised.

Thanks, Hank. Good to know you're out there. BTW, you're quote has been a favorite of mine. It resonates.

Enabler
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Enabler »

Circling over Shannon wrote: I have two very large beautiful Salvias but thus far have not used them for recreational purposes. I've heard it's great---but I'm not sure if I have the heart to start "harvesting" yet
They must be more healthy than mine. Mine are droping leaves all the time. It is certainly interesting, but then there are other boards for such things.l
Mad Hatters Long Gone, But The Mercury Lingers On

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

absinthe` lesson's

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

so far tongiht i have learned.. . me ass really stinks. i think i needs to warsh it.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Drunkard-X
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: absinthe` lesson's

Post by Drunkard-X »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:so far tongiht i have learned.. . me ass really stinks. i think i needs to warsh it.
Lol. I must say I dig the Absinthe. Good stuff. Didn't really learn anything, but music sounded a hell of a lot crisper. Like a heightened awareness. Drink one for me Dpaw. :)

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

and apparently it makes me type with an irish accent, eh boy? i just tried to call winbox but she hung up on me before she evn answered. i think this means the wedding may be off folks. never fear though, they always come back to me.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

deadpuppiesandwhores wrote:and apparently it makes me type with an irish accent, eh boy? i just tried to call winbox but she hung up on me before she evn answered. i think this means the wedding may be off folks. never fear though, they always come back to me.
She just feared the cordful phone.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there