Drunkard's trip to the store

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

DrunkenJackFlask wrote:Oh yeah, it turns me on, too. I've got a thing for short, drunk women. Actually, almost any kind of drunk woman, but short definitely has an edge.
I'm 5'3, and oh yes am I drunk.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

DrunkenJackFlask
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by DrunkenJackFlask »

Generic Jug wrote:
DrunkenJackFlask wrote:Oh yeah, it turns me on, too. I've got a thing for short, drunk women. Actually, almost any kind of drunk woman, but short definitely has an edge.
I'm 5'3, and oh yes am I drunk.
Alright, now you;re just flat out tormenting me.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I fucking love to drink.
I love to feel my body and brain thaw as the first drink works its magic. The synapses sparking to life and limbs loosening.
The hangover becoming a distant memory.
The magic happening. The world gradually becoming a friendlier, happier place.
All the languages blurring into one.
Borders no longer making sense.
Ancient grudges forgotten.
Friends everywhere.
Starting the day with a large one (once the vomitting has stopped) seems to facilitate this process but results in me blacking out by lunch and passing out by mid-evening.
Therefore, since my everyday status can be very succinctly summed up by a Dead Kennedys' song, my thoughts on women are irrelevant. All I ask is for convivial company. But easy on the Finns, please.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

bottomsup
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by bottomsup »

Generic Jug wrote:I really love that picture. It's so simple, yet well-framed, and speaks volumes. It'd make an excellent desktop wallpaper.

I've gotten to the point where I definitely recognize the cashiers when I go to purchase my vodka. I wonder if they recognize me. I wonder if they're jealous, or laughing, or maybe even disgusted. I wonder if it turns them on just a little, this short blonde chick who comes in on a regular basis and walks out with nothing but that $9 plastic jug.

Oh yes. I think it does.
works for me!
"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

Palinka wrote:I fucking love to drink.
I love to feel my body and brain thaw as the first drink works its magic. The synapses sparking to life and limbs loosening.
The hangover becoming a distant memory.
The magic happening. The world gradually becoming a friendlier, happier place.
All the languages blurring into one.
Borders no longer making sense.
Ancient grudges forgotten.
Friends everywhere.
Starting the day with a large one (once the vomitting has stopped) seems to facilitate this process but results in me blacking out by lunch and passing out by mid-evening.
Therefore, since my everyday status can be very succinctly summed up by a Dead Kennedys' song, my thoughts on women are irrelevant. All I ask is for convivial company. But easy on the Finns, please.
that was beautiful.. my favorite part of the day is when you get that deep tingling sensation in your jaw from the first cold one of the day letting you know the pain will be over soon.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Jimmy, your monster scares me. Make it go away. Please.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I am short and drunk. Beware the surly dwarf.
like tears in rain

Barca

Post by Barca »

I love when the cashier says, "Oh, having a party?"

I always respond, "No, why?"

"You're buying so much, y'know?"
"No, I don't get it."

Unless she's cute, then I'll say "Sure, wanna come?" If she's foolish enough to believe a bottle of Jim Beam and three cases of beer is for more than just me and her, it's her own fault.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

Hey, mixing the ibuprofen with booze is isn't the way to go...the Jack is pretty hard on the ol' liver by itself. Time to change to aspirin and get back to basics!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

barcalounge wrote:I love when the cashier says, "Oh, having a party?"

I always respond, "No, why?"

"You're buying so much, y'know?"
"No, I don't get it."

Unless she's cute, then I'll say "Sure, wanna come?" If she's foolish enough to believe a bottle of Jim Beam and three cases of beer is for more than just me and her, it's her own fault.
i pay my friend's wife to clean my apartment. the first time i came home as she was loading her car with her cleaning stuff and she asked if i had a party last night. i said no and was very confused until she pointed at the dumpster, and sitting in front was 3 large garbage bags full of beer and liquor bottles. i thought it was pretty funny but the next day at work her husband came up to me and said she wanted him to talk to me about my drinking but he wasn't going to bother. this is the same girl that tried to set me up with one of her friends and was more than a little irritated when i showed up tanked. once again, i thought it was funny, but some of my friends just don't understand my sense of humor. i guess some of these are just for me.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

At our oh so friendly local grocery, the cashier blurted out--wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen you guys not buy any-------uh, uhm, Ice Cream! Of course she was going to say booze. I didn't want to break it to her that the competetitor across the street had cheaper Jack, and we'd loaded up there.
like tears in rain

Barca

Post by Barca »

There's never a reason to be ashamed of being recognized at your local. It's actually quite beneficial. I just moved next to a supermarket so I don't have a rapport yet, but when I had a nice local liquor store, they'd stock stuff on request, hold stuff for me, give me free swag.

If you get a good guy, he'll order stuff by the case for you and sell it to you at a discount if you buy it by the case. Saves him trouble, increases his volume sales, and saves you money. It's beautiful drunken symbiosis.

Same thing at bars, I can get my regular bars to carry all kinds of obscure stuff just because I drink it, because they know I'll drink enough of it to make it worthwhile.

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

I agree - being friends with the liquor store guys is a great thing. I get shirts, cocktail bottles, they always hold gift packs behind the counter before they sell out for booze they know I like. They recommend some of the strangest stuff I have ever had and most importantly, they will stock dman near anything legal for me.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

This is why I hate Pennsylvania's Blue Laws. I couldn't buy Tylenol at the same place as I could buy Bourbon. Fuckin, I can't even buy BEER at the same place as I buy Bourbon!

And its definitely all about the recognition of being a regular. At the local 40 store I frequent starting in July when I moved to my new North Philadelphia reference, the price for a Coqui 900 40oz was $2. In September I went there already drunk looking to continue the good times and handed the Asian proprietor $2 for another. He handed me the 40 and a quarter as change, and I asked "what?" He said "Just for you, haha!" The next week there were signs up announcing "Coqui 900 - $1.75/40oz" The volume of Coqui's I'd been purchasing, which was heightened when my roommates moved in in the last week of August, was so great that the guy lowered his price to encourage us to buy even more.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Barca

Post by Barca »

mmmmm.....invisible hand of the free marketplace......