Bitches.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Barca wrote:
MeanOldLady wrote:like screensaver, i like barca, but if they don't like one another, that's fine by me.
I hate to continue this banality, but I would just like to clarify that I've never said nor thought anything bad about screensaver. Personally, when i've noticed his posts I've always liked them. I responded to Screensaver, as I respond to other people on personal issues, by PM and we disagree slightly on what is appropriate content for the board, but not, I think, as much as he or others may believe.
Well put Barca. In truth, I have nothing against you personally either, although my original post may have seemed that way.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

dipsomaniac wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote: Because he's Toxi. That's what he does.
Hank, was this guy at the convention?
Hell yeah! He proposed to the adorable Generic Jug at the Double Down.
like tears in rain

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Screensaver wrote:
Barca wrote:
Screensaver wrote: Barca,

No offense here, but you come off as the artsy fartsy type.

I don't like artsy fartsy types. Can I see eye to eye with them? Sure I can, when it comes to the asthetics of the town I live in, which has a direct reflection on my real estate values, etc.

Otherwise, I don't like artsy fartsy types. I tend to feel more comfortable in a low class, blue collar, beer swilling, let your farts out, Profanities R US, type of bar.

Mind you, I've been in the high brow, what type of vintage are you drinking, your house didn't cost more than mine, what car do you drive, how many Servants do you have, type of "Bar".

Fuck them. They DON'T know how to have fun!

I've been around billionaires, and they are about as interesting as petrified rat scat!

Does that mean all rich people are sticks in the mud? Of course not. It just means that people with rich people attitudes are boring as hell.

You seem to have that "attitude".
....and your point is?
It's really very simple. You have a prefered manner in which to express yourself and clearly many people enjoy the way in which you do that. I have nothing against it , nor would I suggest you post in manner that is not your style. However, you make it rather obvious that you feel your style should be everyone's style.

Sorry, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. You either learn to adapt to and accept the people around you or remain forever disgruntled.
This isn't your private fantasy land.

Oh, and Bender if you want to storm out of here like some sort of drunken spoiled Brat because a new guy dared to disagree with a board "old timer", then all I can say to you is Goodbye. I, for one, won't shed a tear at your absence.
For a new guy, you got a lot of balls, I'll give you that.

The irony is absolutely goddamn thrilling. You, who started complaining about this board your first few days in, are now suggesting that the pillars of the board, those who make it what it is, could take a hike and you won't shed nary a tear? Well, fuck you. What do you know about anything? I'd trade a thousand of you for one Bender or Barca.

Don't get confused. You're a new guy, not the New Way.
Last edited by Henry Chinaski on Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hank
“When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

dipsomaniac
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by dipsomaniac »

Henry Chinaski wrote:That sort of guy.
The sort of guy who will buy us booze and then bitch and complain about it? Or the other sort?
Ginger, Ginger as Spice, as an Aquavit and as Spice Girl

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

dipsomaniac wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote:That sort of guy.
The sort of guy who will buy us booze and then bitch and complain about it? Or the other sort?
Naw, the kind that, if you said, "Hey man, thanks for the booze," he'd say, "Sure, no problemo. You want some chili with that?" And you'd say "Sure, love the chili." Then he'd give you the chili. Except it wouldn't be chili. It would be fireants. Ever try to eat fireants? With a little tabasco? Fucking delicious.
Hank
“When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

dipsomaniac
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by dipsomaniac »

Henry Chinaski wrote: Ever try to eat fireants?
Ever? Hell I don't even eat them anymore. I just snort them. In fact I did that last night as I recall.

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote:
Barca wrote: ....and your point is?
It's really very simple. You have a prefered manner in which to express yourself and clearly many people enjoy the way in which you do that. I have nothing against it , nor would I suggest you post in manner that is not your style. However, you make it rather obvious that you feel your style should be everyone's style.

Sorry, but in the real world it doesn't work that way. You either learn to adapt to and accept the people around you or remain forever disgruntled.
This isn't your private fantasy land.

Oh, and Bender if you want to storm out of here like some sort of drunken spoiled Brat because a new guy dared to disagree with a board "old timer", then all I can say to you is Goodbye. I, for one, won't shed a tear at your absence.
For a new guy, you got a lot of balls, I'll give you that.

The irony is absolutely goddamn thrilling. You, who started complaining about this board your first few days in, are now suggesting that the pillars of the board, those who make it what it is, could take a hike and you won't shed nary a tear? Well, fuck you. What do you know about anything? I'd trade a thousand of you for one Bender or Barca.

Don't get confused. You're a new guy, not the New Way.
I'm not the one that is confused. If your point is this is a place for class acts only, then I'm afraid you fail miserably. And when did I complain about "the board"? I made a statement about attitudes.

I'm guessing you're not a Rhodes Scholar. :shock:

dipsomaniac
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by dipsomaniac »

Screensaver wrote:[I'm guessing you're not a Rhodes Scholar. :shock:
I am. I've spent the last 15 years researching "Crazy Train".

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I'm writing a monograph on Tiddly Fontforth, the famous poet and drunkard. Not quite finished yet. Wait for it.
like tears in rain

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Screensaver wrote:
Who is? You? Would the great hero of the "lower classes" sully himself by accepting such an "artsy-fartsy" scholarship?
Hank

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Savage wrote:I'm writing a monograph on Tiddly Fontforth, the famous poet and drunkard. Not quite finished yet. Wait for it.
Hate to have scooped you, Savage, but I published an dadaist triple-haiku concerning Mssr. Fontforth in the Dec. issue of Flouncing Unicorn Monthly. So sorry.
Hank

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote:
Who is? You? Would the great hero of the "lower classes" sully himself by accepting such an "artsy-fartsy" scholarship?
Maybe. That would depend on whether or not you even know what a Scholarship is or what it takes to get one. Have I received them? Yes.

But I never lived on the streets or had to spend time in prison.

How about you?
Last edited by RIPT on Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Henry Chinaski wrote:
Savage wrote:I'm writing a monograph on Tiddly Fontforth, the famous poet and drunkard. Not quite finished yet. Wait for it.
Hate to have scooped you, Savage, but I published an dadaist triple-haiku concerning Mssr. Fontforth in the Dec. issue of Flouncing Unicorn Monthly. So sorry.
DAMN! FOILED AGAIN!
like tears in rain

dipsomaniac
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by dipsomaniac »

I alomst dropped my flute of Champagne on my copy of the utne reader. I'd better turn down my 25th aniversary copy of La Dlce Via and weigh in on this arts fartsy talk.

I wold like to say I am both Fartsy and Artsy. I can tell you that there was no mention of Barca joining the club in this weeks meeting minuets.

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Screensaver wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote:
Maybe. That would depend on whether or not you even know what a Scholarship is or what it takes to get one. Have I received them? Yes.

But I never lived on the streets or had to spend time in prison.

How about you?
Scholarship, check. Street living, check. Prison, check box unchecked..
Hank