Bitches.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

dipsomaniac wrote:I alomst dropped my flute of Champagne on my copy of the utne reader. I'd better turn down my 25th aniversary copy of La Dlce Via and weigh in on this arts fartsy talk.

I wold like to say I am both Fartsy and Artsy. I can tell you that there was no mention of Barca joining the club in this weeks meeting minuets.
I spent the morning drinking champagne. Used to have a sub to Utne. Been meaning to see LDV.

But I also giggle at the campfire bean scene in Blazing Saddles.
like tears in rain

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

dipsomaniac wrote:I alomst dropped my flute of Champagne on my copy of the utne reader. I'd better turn down my 25th aniversary copy of La Dlce Via and weigh in on this arts fartsy talk.

I wold like to say I am both Fartsy and Artsy. I can tell you that there was no mention of Barca joining the club in this weeks meeting minuets.
Ooo ooo ooo, I want to join, I want to join! Will there be much looking down of the snout? I practice my snootiness ever so much. And you should see me curl my lip at raffisness! Do we get top hats?
Hank
“When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote: Who is? You? Would the great hero of the "lower classes" sully himself by accepting such an "artsy-fartsy" scholarship?
Maybe. That would depend on whether or not you even know what a Scholarship is or what it takes to get one. Have I received them? Yes.

But I never lived on the streets or had to spend time in prison.

How about you?
Scholarship, check. Street living, check. Prison, check box unchecked..
A simple straight forward answer without a hint of animosity.

I knew you could do it.

Now THAT is class.

dipsomaniac
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by dipsomaniac »

[quote="Henry Chinaski Do we get top hats?[/quote][quote][/quote]

Top hats, white gloves and Tails. Fairy that is! I will initiate you myself just before the wild game buffet! Remember to bring your requisite distrust of all things pedestrian and your current issue of vouge magazine for reading time.
Ginger, Ginger as Spice, as an Aquavit and as Spice Girl

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Screensaver wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote: Maybe. That would depend on whether or not you even know what a Scholarship is or what it takes to get one. Have I received them? Yes.

But I never lived on the streets or had to spend time in prison.

How about you?
Scholarship, check. Street living, check. Prison, check box unchecked..

I knew you could do it.

Now THAT is class.
Wow. For an alleged champion of the lower classes, you seem to get rather ruffled at the vernacular of the blue collar set. Are you sure you're not artsy-fartsy? Ordering a PBR at a dive doesn't make you otherwise.

Like most people, in civil company, I'm the politest gent you'll meet. In impolite society I'll not refrain from giving it back in spades. I'm as flexible as ten motherfuckers.
Hank
“When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Henry Chinaski wrote:
Screensaver wrote:
Henry Chinaski wrote: Scholarship, check. Street living, check. Prison, check box unchecked..

I knew you could do it.

Now THAT is class.
Wow. For an alleged champion of the lower classes, you seem to get rather ruffled at the vernacular of the blue collar set. Are you sure you're not artsy-fartsy? Ordering a PBR at a dive doesn't make you otherwise.

Like most people, in civil company, I'm the politest gent you'll meet. In impolite society I'll not refrain from giving it back in spades. I'm as flexible as ten motherfuckers.
You ask some tough questions Hank. Can I afford to be artsy fartsy? Yes. Do I have to associate with artsy fartsy types on occasion? Yes.

Am I artsy fartsy in my soul? Hell no.

By the way, I drank PBR for many many years before I could afford better.

That's where my roots take me but even in the most redneck bar in world there is a protocol if you want to drink in peace.

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Fair enough. Glad we got that straightened out. Now let's drink the hell up.
Hank

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Henry Chinaski wrote:Fair enough. Glad we got that straightened out. Now let's drink the hell up.
Now we're seeing eye to eye!

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Barca wrote:
MeanOldLady wrote:like screensaver, i like barca, but if they don't like one another, that's fine by me.
I hate to continue this banality, but I would just like to clarify that I've never said nor thought anything bad about screensaver. Personally, when i've noticed his posts I've always liked them. I responded to Screensaver, as I respond to other people on personal issues, by PM and we disagree slightly on what is appropriate content for the board, but not, I think, as much as he or others may believe.
never said you had anything against him. my post was more toward the people who responded to screensaver's criticism of you as though he'd just taken a whiz on the bible. but i'm glad to see you both find each other swell. i'll drink to that.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

MeanOldLady wrote: my post was more toward the people who responded to screensaver's criticism of you as though he'd just taken a whiz on the bible.
That would have been funnier, classier, and appropos of something.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
First they fight, then they love. Then sometimes, they fight again. But they always drink.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Savage wrote:
First they fight, then they love. Then sometimes, they fight again. But they always drink.
It's like they're shikzoz or something.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

RIPT

Post by RIPT »

Savage wrote:
Exactly. Just like a real family!

Judge

Post by Judge »

After reading all that, I realized I was thinking the whole time that Bob was actually withSmokingsomething. Like actually in the same room or at the same table or like that.

My attention span is so getting fucked up. I should read it all again to get the context right.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.