The outdoor drinking season is underway

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: The outdoor drinking season is underway

Post by hereforthebeer »

Mr. Sandman wrote:you should. Drunken injuries are all part of the fun, and bottles of scotch are always better than no bottles of scotch
ha thanks, i'm not usually a scotch drinker, I used to drink jd and coke but when I was younger.. so much younger than today.. I never needed any.. no lol, I digress into singing a beatles song.

anyway - you're right. it was an experience that's for sure. Next door neighbour said - are you ok mate? the day after, I saw you drop! that's only reason I knew how I got the injuries.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

hereforthebeer wrote:...when I was younger.. so much younger than today.. I never needed any.. no lol, I digress into singing a beatles song...
Allow me to use a Beatles song, appropriate to the title of this thread, in order to get it back on track, Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

exunctly, why the fuck not?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr. Viking wrote:In northern Ireland the laws about drinking in the street are odd, there's something about having to be a sign, but you don't have to actually see it. it is fine to drink outside town boundaries, which due to the unique way our country runs, are sometimes still in the towns. i usually just have a few beers or nips from a flask out and about, unless I can get a lift and go and get drunk in a field which is always a good idea
I love seeing the pictures of friends or my girl's family out drinking on St. Stephen's Day
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

The outdoor drinking season is underway right now. Your drink doesn't get warm.

Bur

Post by Bur »

One for the Frog wrote:The outdoor drinking season is underway right now. Your drink doesn't get warm.
Truth.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

One for the Frog wrote:The outdoor drinking season is underway right now. Your drink doesn't get warm.

This time of year the drinks are used to warm me!
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Love going home from some kind of shitty party location waiting at 5 a.m. for the next train to arrive in three freakin` hours. Shakingly trying to get the last beer to my mouth only noticing that it`s glued to my frozen hand
Drink!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

hereforthebeer wrote:well I really like reading this thread, lots of good scenes set.

I like the idea of drinking out and about, but tend to do it on the move (a couple of desparado's on way to the bar). Once I had a bottle of wine on train before bar, but that got a bit messy.

Only time I've ever drank in company outside, was with a guy that Is recovering alcoholic but always drinking (I use the term only because it's a term he's used himself before) - I don't really believe in the AA terminology , he's a local round here and is often out in the streets drinking. I was coming home from a night out, and had managed to enjoy my night and come home without going waaaay over board... but... I brought a bottle of scotch to take home with me, I got off bus 12 minutes from my house and who is there...

this guy, in a shop doorway its about 10pm, he's had a Cpl - and is like heeeey man, anyway one bad idea later and we're drinking from the bottle of scotch I had for my house... a few plastic cups from the chicken shop and it's going swimmingly.... friend of this guy turns up who is dry at the moment... he ends up drinking some... rest is a blur...

but about 5 minutes from my house I fell flat on my face smashed my nose, and did tendons in my knee up, couldn't walk for 4 days...

I don't by bottles of scotch on the way home from a drinking session anymore....
Why not just get some chicken to soak up the scotch. Its a win-win, you can eat some yummy chicken AND drink more scotch
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I started a fortnight ago drinking at the top of the ruins of the Duneight motte and mailey. There's pictures somewhere
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

There's too much fucking rain in this part of the UK. Seriously, try drinking outdoors in the current weather that we've got and you'd have drunk a swimming-pool's worth of acid rain before you got near a molecule of booze. Sucky fuckin' bastich rain!
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

My problem was the wind. Rather chilly. Also, the sides were pretty muddy, so while I managed to climb even the bailey without much problem there was a lot of slipping and sliding in the mud on the way down

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:...I managed to climb even the bailey without much problem...
Ahhh...to be a young Drunkardist, again... (especially one whom doesn't require so many bits of metal to support their decaying embers - I shit you not; I have to carry medical notes and cerificates to get past airport security. I'm hoping to get those notes incorporated into my next passport. Seriously, I have nearly missed 'planes because of the alerts it all sets off...On the other hand, when I die, I've enough titanium, which is quite valuable, (and assorted other metals) that when removed, will pay for quite a handsome wake; even if what's left behind will not be eligible for an open-casket wake - actually, now that I think about it, damn the casket, a medium-sized suitcase will hold what is left).
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:damn the casket, a medium-sized suitcase will hold what is left).
that, or a small sized whisky barrel

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Palinka wrote:damn the casket, a medium-sized suitcase will hold what is left).
that, or a small sized whisky barrel
As long as there was a dram left.
ドロンケン
ImageImage