Your Booze Review: Youri Dolgorouki Vodka

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Your Booze Review: Youri Dolgorouki Vodka

Post by Badfellow »

Youri Dolgorouki Vodka
40% a.b.v./80 proof
Mfg. by: Distillery Cristall, Moscow

approx. $24.99 USD per 750 ml

Initial evaluation of a booze always takes place neat and at room temperature. That being said, it's a pleasure to drink the entire bottle without chilling it or adding any ice. Distinctly smooth in the higher alcohols, no doubt from a reported five column distillation process and "propeietary" filtration. Grain sweetness, mineral notes. Exceptionally clean finish. Hell yes!

I've been a fan of the Dolgorouki for several years, but sadly it's seen somewhat fickle availability as it faced production issues and some juggling between importers. Now it seems to make a solid return to the top shelf of select liquor stores and bars, hopefully for the long haul. I'd put this vodka in front of much more pricy product, including both Stoli Elite and Jewel of Russia Ultra. If you're going to drink a whole bottle with dinner, this is the one folks. An affordable way to live like a Czar.

Nearly depleated bottle of the YD, paired with NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center shot glass, in honor of ongoing interstellar cooperation toward the establishment of the worlds first orbital distillery.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ