Drinking Goals?

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drinking Goals?

Post by scream ale »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:46 pm
This year I try one new whiskey a month.

This month it's Laphroaig 10 year old. I have very little experience with Scotch. The peaty-smokey flavor caught me off guard. Reminds me of Drum tobacco. Glad I finally tried it after seeing it in the shelf for so long.
Ha! Forgot I was doing this.

January was Laphroaig and cause my birthday was that month I also tried Woodford Reserve rye. Damn good stuff👍. February was Slane. A less than great Irish whisky. March it was Maker's 46. Maker's has never really been my bourbon but the 46 was excellent. April was Dead Rabbit, yet another Irish whisky that I wasn't that wild about. Last month was George Dickel Superior no. 12. Very good stuff! I like their rye more but this stuff is damn good.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

For June I picked up a bottle of Bushmills red bush. Irish whisky aged in bourbon casks. Much better than the other Irish whiskies I tried this year. I could just be saying that because black bush is one of my favorites. Very smooth whisky. For being aged in bourbon barrels I don't notice much of a bourbon flavor. Could just be me.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 pm
For June I picked up a bottle of Bushmills red bush. Irish whisky aged in bourbon casks. Much better than the other Irish whiskies I tried this year. I could just be saying that because black bush is one of my favorites. Very smooth whisky. For being aged in bourbon barrels I don't notice much of a bourbon flavor. Could just be me.
If you are trying Irish whisky may I suggest the Teeling line.

The single malt they have is in my own opinion fucking great.

Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^ I know I've drank Teeling in the past but cannot for the life of me remember which bottling. I'll be keeping an eye out for the single malt. I looked recently and couldn't find it though.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

This year my drinking goal is to not cash in the whiskey fund for the whole year and get a bottle that is totally out of my league. I even got the little lady to join me on this mission. Looking forward to the fun times ahead.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Seems we have to narrow in on the targets. Non-drinking goals anyone, aside from trouble?
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

one last drinking goal: I need to learn how to make tiki drinks.

I just always get it wrong. I got the perfect glass for it too, but everything I make always tastes like shit. I think the key is pineapple juice, I need pineapple juice.

As far as non-drinking goals: Get the old finances in order. I got to start budgeting better, be a damn adult. I have investments and all, I just have to keep up with them. Work on a nest egg.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 am

I just always get it wrong. I got the perfect glass for it too, but everything I make always tastes like shit. I think the key is pineapple juice, I need pineapple juice.

As far as non-drinking goals: Get the old finances in order. I got to start budgeting better, be a damn adult. I have investments and all, I just have to keep up with them. Work on a nest egg.
You need a lot of different syrups and bitters, sometimes cream or coconut milk. Tiki drinks made at home need many expensive rarely used ingredients I think
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Rye and Coke wrote:

Absolutely! Pineapple juice is a must in almost all good tiki drinks. Mai-Tai's, Blue Hawaiian's, Lava Flow (my fave) all have it. Delicious.
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:24 am
Rye and Coke wrote:

Absolutely! Pineapple juice is a must in almost all good tiki drinks. Mai-Tai's, Blue Hawaiian's, Lava Flow (my fave) all have it. Delicious.
I think you're both right. I never use pineapple juice cause there's no other use for it other than drinks. So I try to work around with other juices and it ends tasting like bullshit. Like O' says, all the real ingredients I need to use are probably expensive. Still, I'm a do it.

I need to invest in some Triple Sec too.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Get rich: Sell pre-made tiki mix
Drink!

Malibu Laurie
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Malibu Laurie »

Hellooo Malibu Rum for tiki drinks.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 am
Rye and Coke wrote:

You need a lot of different syrups and bitters, sometimes cream or coconut milk. Tiki drinks made at home need many expensive rarely used ingredients I think

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:24 am

I think the missing ingredient is the Tiki Bar. This means that the ingredients will be fresh because they get used much quicker. Or a Tiki party, now there's a good friend.

Other than that, eat an Almond Joy and take a swig off from Malibu Laurie's bottle and stare at a picture of the ocean. Good times!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm
This year my drinking goal is to not cash in the whiskey fund for the whole year and get a bottle that is totally out of my league. I even got the little lady to join me on this mission. Looking forward to the fun times ahead.
That's a bold play! A whole year. Fuuuuck.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:06 pm
scream ale wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm
That's a bold play! A whole year. Fuuuuck.
That may add up to one of the Boozer's Bucket List items. 1 paycheck on a single bottle.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice