Drinkng from the bottle....

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Drinkng from the bottle....

Post by Cowboy Joe »

...is perhaps the most fucking liberating thing a drunkard can do. As a man of aesthetics, I do love the sight of bourbon in the short glass, glinting in the light and holding all that is wonderful in the world. But Saturday night and grabbing a jug and tipping back shatters all the tight assed measures of control we face in our society. Take life from the source, friends....forget the glass for a night.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Re: Drinkng from the bottle....

Post by Screwball »

As my Granma used to say, "Got to take it to the head,kid."

No fucking around there.

Down & out
Booze Head
Booze Head
Location: Underneath the golden gate bridge drinkin Night Train

Post by Down & out »

Cowboy Joe wrote:...is perhaps the most fucking liberating thing a drunkard can do. As a man of aesthetics, I do love the sight of bourbon in the short glass, glinting in the light and holding all that is wonderful in the world. But Saturday night and grabbing a jug and tipping back shatters all the tight assed measures of control we face in our society. Take life from the source, friends....forget the glass for a night.
Straight out the bottle is good.... maybe too good. The flask says, "your going places kid." And fits so nicely in the back pocket. It's anti-establisment. It puts the bar right where you are. It makes golf all the more better and I'm sure that's how the Scots intended it. A wee dram on my terms, not by that of the clock or location. Contrary to conventional thinking, Fat, drunk and stupid IS a way to go through life.

En vino veritas
"My heart carries the pain of a brain I can't explain"
-Rehab

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Anything besides straight from the jug is wrong. I don't want my drink to "Breathe " too much.
Harumph!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

Kinda unrelated, but I watched Silverado for a bit last night and that scene where Danny Glover drinks his first shot of whiskey in 10 days is a classic. The love in his eyes for that shot... a beautiful sentiment.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. -- Sulla's Epitaph

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I've also found that "bottle" is a much easier unit of consumption to deal with than whatever can be fit in a glass....I don't have to keep getting up if I sit down with the bottle.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Drinking out of a bottle is the way to do it at a party. I love walking into a party with an open bottle of whiskey, swilling it and passing it to a friend. Super robust swagger and display of complete lack of pretension.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

There is something liberating in watching a party hosts face as you stroll in there with a bottle of rum. You see the look of understanding "He brought spirits, I'll have something left over" and then it proceeds to remain fixed into your left fist as your right quests for any free bottles. The regular swig of your now prosthetic body party supplemented but ANyTHING else you can grab.
And the best part, when you leave the party swilling the last 8th down on the way home, who can complain that you didn't bring your own?
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

IndyGuy77
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by IndyGuy77 »

I used to buy cranberry vodka and slug it from the bottle at parties. I would drink til I puked and then drink some more til I puked, and so on and so on. I never had hangovers, I guess I just puked too much out to get really drunk.

But they were good times... good times.
Current favorite drinks: BOOKERS!! Bombay Sapphire, Makers Mark, Trader Joe's Germanic beers

May a moody baby doom a yam?

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

IndyGuy77 wrote:I used to buy cranberry vodka and slug it from the bottle at parties. I would drink til I puked and then drink some more til I puked, and so on and so on. I never had hangovers, I guess I just puked too much out to get really drunk.

But they were good times... good times.

I drank cranberry vodka once....I ended up singing John Lennon flat on my back in a park.............

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

I'm ashamed to say that I've (not that I can remember) never drunk from the bottle, except at times as a joke

Got to do something about that

**beer of course excluded**

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

Swede wrote:I'm ashamed to say that I've (not that I can remember) never drunk from the bottle, except at times as a joke

Got to do something about that

**beer of course excluded**
Swede wrote:
I usually don't drink from the bottle either, but I seem to think that the times I have, I seem to drink a lot more (since I'm just glugging it down) (if glugging is even a word).

p.s. Swede - your first name wouldn't be Cookie The . .. would it?! (last name being Swede)
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Best way to enjoy anything in a pint. Beam or Jameson from the bottle is truly my favorite way to drink. Preferably while wandering around NYC at 4 in the morning after most of the bars have closed. The trick is to keep the bastard hidden in your pocket while at the bar. Why, you may ask? Simple. While the bar is still open, if you have money, you have booze. If the bar is closed, and the liquor store is closed, it doesn't matter HOW MUCH money you have... you still have to wait until tomorrow for your next drink. Nothing keeps a night on the town going like surprising your friends with a hidden pint of bourbon. Just watch out for the police. They may not think your idea is as genius as you do.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.