dry wedding

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: dry wedding

Post by kowalski »

Ok, I think Everclear or some really strong rum might have to be tried - I hardly ever see anything over 40% for sale in the UK, so might have to order it from t'internet. I've never been to a dry wedding before, but the bride & groom are actually really good friends, so I feel I owe it to them. Also the brides sister was killed by a drunk driver so I think that's clouded her mind a bit...

Keeping a stash in my car would be the easy thing, but if anyone suspects I'll be drink driving back home, there will be sheer hell to play and I'm not up for that.
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Jesus christ!

How does a wedding without booze work?

How would someones obnoxious uncle get drunk and start a fight, how would you see the brides grandparents make drunken fools of themselves...i thought weddings REVOLVED around alcohol.

I suggest keeping booze in the car...whatever you want and just going missing alot.

Strangely i have a friend who went to a wedding of a friend who lives in egypt, the brides family were strict muslims (none drinkers) and they still had an open bar, just put it out of the way and it only had JW black label. My friend had fun on free whiskey.

So i'd love to hear the excuse for no booze, cos frankly there isnt one.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Curb Feeler
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: Just below concrete on the Rockwell hardness scale.

Post by Curb Feeler »

If my wedding had been dry, the service could have been held in a phone booth because no friend of mine would have shown up.

And that's why I call them friends. Friends are supposed to call you out when you're fuckin up. And even considering a dry wedding constitutes fuckin up and in a big way.
Cell phones: The perfect way to keep in touch with distant friends whilst pissing off the ones sitting right next to you.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Curb Feeler wrote:If my wedding had been dry, the service could have been held in a phone booth because no friend of mine would have shown up.

And that's why I call them friends. Friends are supposed to call you out when you're fuckin up. And even considering a dry wedding constitutes fuckin up and in a big way.
Weddings are supposed to be traditional....and whats more traditional than a room full of extremely pissed up people?

Agaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Agaveman »

kowalski37 wrote:Ok, I think Everclear or some really strong rum might have to be tried - I hardly ever see anything over 40% for sale in the UK, so might have to order it from t'internet. I've never been to a dry wedding before, but the bride & groom are actually really good friends, so I feel I owe it to them. Also the brides sister was killed by a drunk driver so I think that's clouded her mind a bit...

Keeping a stash in my car would be the easy thing, but if anyone suspects I'll be drink driving back home, there will be sheer hell to play and I'm not up for that.
Is there anyway you could set it up so that you don't have to drive but can keep Booze in the vehical you take to the wedding? On any account, if you bring 2 flasks or so of Everclear, you will only have to go to the parking lot to refill a couple of times.
“So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it. I think it's an open bar, and the people involved are not my family. It's my girlfriend's cousin getting hitched. Should be fun.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Thank the lord SOMEONE knows how to get married properly.

Emperor Awesome
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Emperor Awesome »

Now, when you say "dry" - that just means no bar right? Surely they'll have wine and champaign. It's a wedding after all.
"I need a hundred beers...exactly one hundred, thank you."
-Nathan Explosion

"Does whiskey count as beer?"
-Homer Simpson

"Swaggering about in a garish new hat he seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner, I have a new hat.'"

"I am getting so drunk when we get paid for this."
-Sydney, Fallout 3

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

i'm never getting married.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

Free booze at weddings gets you laid. If a man decides to to give up and get married, the least he can do is give his friends the chance to screw is wife's drunk friends.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Emperor Awesome wrote:Now, when you say "dry" - that just means no bar right? Surely they'll have wine and champaign. It's a wedding after all.
When I say dry I mean dry - no alcohol at all, that's why it's a problem... I've procured a bottle of Goslings 151 to help me :-)
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

kowalski37 wrote:
Emperor Awesome wrote:Now, when you say "dry" - that just means no bar right? Surely they'll have wine and champaign. It's a wedding after all.
When I say dry I mean dry - no alcohol at all, that's why it's a problem... I've procured a bottle of Goslings 151 to help me :-)
So is this wedding coming up this weekend then? You're going to have to give a report you know...you will be graded...
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

kowalski37 wrote:Possibly my greatest drinking challenge yet: drink my way through a dry wedding due to take place in 3 weeks time.

Am thinking 2 hip flasks. However, I'll have to plan the purchase (probably online somewhere) of some stronger than average booze. I very rarely see anything over 40% abv in shops. and given the limited capacity (~500ml) of my flasks (and the practicalities of carrying them), the stronger the better. I probably won't have a chance to refill unless I can come up with a devious plan (unlikely).

I could probably mix the stuff, so it doesn't need to be the greatest tasting booze - potency is what will count...
K-37. You're better than that.

We live in a society where we are constantly being told how and when to drink. We're bombarded with "do's and not to do's" - don't drink in the morning, don't drink alone, don't drink and operate heavy machinery, don't drink and play jarts with your children. Total Bullshit. Yet, we drunkards have always found a way to work around these dry-societal-norms. We have always found a way to enjoy life the way we want to enjoy it and, for the most part, not draw too much attnetion to ourselves.

Life is essentially a dry wedding.

You've figured out a way to operate as a drunkard in life, you'll do the same at the wedding.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Surreal McCoy wrote:
kowalski37 wrote:Possibly my greatest drinking challenge yet: drink my way through a dry wedding due to take place in 3 weeks time.

Am thinking 2 hip flasks. However, I'll have to plan the purchase (probably online somewhere) of some stronger than average booze. I very rarely see anything over 40% abv in shops. and given the limited capacity (~500ml) of my flasks (and the practicalities of carrying them), the stronger the better. I probably won't have a chance to refill unless I can come up with a devious plan (unlikely).

I could probably mix the stuff, so it doesn't need to be the greatest tasting booze - potency is what will count...
K-37. You're better than that.

We live in a society where we are constantly being told how and when to drink. We're bombarded with "do's and not to do's" - don't drink in the morning, don't drink alone, don't drink and operate heavy machinery, don't drink and play jarts with your children. Total Bullshit. Yet, we drunkards have always found a way to work around these dry-societal-norms. We have always found a way to enjoy life the way we want to enjoy it and, for the most part, not draw too much attnetion to ourselves.

Life is essentially a dry wedding.

You've figured out a way to operate as a drunkard in life, you'll do the same at the wedding.

great post. con-fucking-cur.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

FNZ wrote:Isn't the saying that weddings are the one that the bride's mother wanted.

I try not to go to weddings anymore. Luckily, all the Southern Baptists and Southeast Chrisitians that my family knows got married when I was young. I even missed my cousins wedding because it was before noon. Whiskey tango foxtrot?
Sir,

Are you suggesting one drinks whiskey before attempting a tango or a foxtrot at the wedding reception?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be