Sunday Night Drinking...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

redshift
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Sunday Night Drinking...

Post by redshift »

....who here does this often and what's the etiquette? So far in my long and illustrious 25 years of life Sundays have always been days when you kind of chill out and do "Sunday Stuff" like watching T.V, actually eating a proper meal, maybe doing some homework, have a couple of beers later that night and watch some football. But lately I've been finding myself to be hitting the more hard stuff (Like a few Vodka Redbulls) and passing out and waking up next day morning for work/school. I have this belief that Sundays are days for "recovering" from the weekend shenanigans and stuff.

Do you guys think I should chill out? Sometimes it even feels weird!
The What?? I hate signature images!

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Sunday Night Drinking...

Post by grippingthewheel »

Here's about ten pages of interesting thoughts to get you started:

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/b ... 11&t=57612

Have fun.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

Well, it's Sunday and I've been drinking since I woke up. I think everyone needs a "fuck it" day in the week to eat and drink whatever they feel like, Sunday suits my schedule well for that.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

grippingthewheel wrote:Here's about ten pages of interesting thoughts to get you started:

Have fun.

Well, thank you for the lesson, Captain Genius!
I'll miss you, pallie.

grippingthewheel

Post by grippingthewheel »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
grippingthewheel wrote:Here's about ten pages of interesting thoughts to get you started:

Have fun.

Well, thank you for the lesson, Captain Genius!
Genius? Judge was schooling the wee ones. Judge Genius.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

Leftboston
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

Sunday is the schoolin you need for drinking the rest of the week. In other words, if you can make it to work on Monday after a proper Sunday of drinking, then the rest of the week when you only have a few hours available to booze it up after work should be a breeze. Sunday defines the functional alcoholic on Monday morning.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

junkman08 wrote:Sunday is the schoolin you need for drinking the rest of the week. In other words, if you can make it to work on Monday after a proper Sunday of drinking, then the rest of the week when you only have a few hours available to booze it up after work should be a breeze. Sunday defines the functional alcoholic on Monday morning.
Note to self...

Title next record, "Monday Morning Definition".
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

redshift

Post by redshift »

Have fun.
Good first intro..

seandb8
Souse
Souse

Post by seandb8 »

I'm sorry, I try to hold my tongue, and I'm obviously not a regular poster....but I consider myself a seasoned drinker, I follow the site, and the forum, the Modern DRUNKARD Forum......And it just seems a little novice and asinine when I see people posting these types of questions....'Uh guys, I'm a veteran, but how do you drink more than 3 Coors Lite without shitting your pants?' and 'I drank 3 vodkas last Sunday, should I check into a 6 month rehab today or can I wait until Monday?'

Nothing personal against your own preferences/tolerances, but you do realize where you're posting right?

last_real_family_man
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by last_real_family_man »

The family man drinks on Sunday in celebration of being at home with the family instead of what he calls "the stress place"
AND
to soften the mental blow that comes with the knowledge of going back tomorrow
AND
because it is The Lord's Day--a day of rest for me and my kind.

Yes, the family man is a believer--love and peace and forgiveness may be wildly unpopular in most circles, but not around these parts. We thank Him for making wine to gladden the heart of man (look it up), and I just opened a bottle of cava for the wife and I, so...

Let your heart be thankful and kind and have one with us. Chill.
Conversion, not coercion!

redshift

Post by redshift »

seandb8 wrote:I'm sorry, I try to hold my tongue, and I'm obviously not a regular poster....but I consider myself a seasoned drinker, I follow the site, and the forum, the Modern DRUNKARD Forum......And it just seems a little novice and asinine when I see people posting these types of questions....'Uh guys, I'm a veteran, but how do you drink more than 3 Coors Lite without shitting your pants?' and 'I drank 3 vodkas last Sunday, should I check into a 6 month rehab today or can I wait until Monday?'

Nothing personal against your own preferences/tolerances, but you do realize where you're posting right?
Hey what can I say? I am an attention whore. ;P

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

I usually drink on fridays, on saturdays I have a beer or two and relax. On sunday again I have a beer or two if I have any left. Sundays are interesting actually, since I can't really remember too many occasions where I've been drunk on a sunday except for maybe during the holidays.

I've been drunk during every weekday, but sunday doesen't seem that natural, maybe because all stores here are closed on sundays...
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Sunday is a great day to drink....because it ends in the word day....like monday, and tuesday etc etc.

If your awake then drinking is good.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Tempest
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Tempest »

Negromancer wrote: I've been drunk during every weekday, but sunday doesen't seem that natural, maybe because all stores here are closed on sundays...
I like to think of it as a challenge. They tried to make it harder for me to get good and boozed up on Sunday, but I thwarted them with my considerable liquor cabinet. Indeed, when Sunday rolls around I almost always end up saying, "yeah, gotta go to the liquor store and buy some so-and-so....oh wait..." and that's why I've got me ever-growing emergency supply.

Were we talking about Sunday?

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

i think i drink more sunday nights than saturday nights even, or at least get drunker, i'm usually content to take down a couple beers or w/e on saturday but sunday you got work coming up and goddammit if a couple manhattans and daiquiris don't make that thought a little less harsh. thank god i still have some rye supply
"Please sir, make it whiskey
For I have no head for wine."