All Scotch is Good Scotch

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: All Scotch is Good Scotch

Post by peetie44 »

ghostface1 wrote:Actually i will admit, i was at a restaurant one time and i don't know if i was drunk prior but i ended up ordering some real rotgut scotch. it was squirrely as fuck, but i'll be damned if i didn't drink every last drop.
ghostface...

Sounds like you sampled some "Rodentlatchan".

It's a 6 month-old, pentangle malt; diss-tilled on the Isle of Blight, I believe.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

ghostface...

Sounds like you sampled some "Rodentlatchan".

It's a 6 month-old, pentangle malt; diss-tilled on the Isle of Blight, I believe.

really?

like i said i'm pretty sure i was already pissed at the time, but taste-wise all i remember is a heavy burn, seeming like someone took a low end bourbon and yeah, mixed heavily with some type of automotive fluid
"Please sir, make it whiskey
For I have no head for wine."

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

yes, there was definitely an evil vibe to it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ghostface1 wrote:yes, there was definitely an evil vibe to it.
Well, instead of burning peat-moss for the malt-drying process, the distillers of Rodentlatchen prefer to subject their malt to the smoke of burning squirrel-dung (at least, as legend has it).

CHEERS, BRO!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

never underestimate a drink with some turd mixed in.

EGad987
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by EGad987 »

For some reason I like 100 Scotch. It's so good it never touches glass till you pour it. Actually, it's like they got some chemists together to figure out how to make the cheapest booze on earth and still not taste like total crap. When I feel like having scotch I will have Balvenie doublewood 12 year hands down, but I can't find a bar around here that has it so I usually just go with the pipers and then have some WT101, because it's like crack for me.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:MacGregor!!!!!!

Clan MacGregor was the first Scotch I ever drank. I think I was about 11. Having had it subsequently--it isn't what I would call "good," but it's tolerable. Ballantines is my cheap scotch, except for in a dive bar where they pour Cutty cheap.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Cowboy Joe wrote:

Clan MacGregor was the first Scotch I ever drank. I think I was about 11. Having had it subsequently--it isn't what I would call "good," but it's tolerable. Ballantines is my cheap scotch, except for in a dive bar where they pour Cutty cheap.
J&B is another good, reasonably-priced blend.

Also, look out for "Hogshead". I believe(?) they offer a blend using exclusively Islay single malts -- with no neutral spirits added. I had it once in Belgium and found it preferable to Famous Grouse. Looking to get a bottle, when I can find it.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

beat me to it.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald