Making the moment

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Making the moment

Post by ghostface1 »

I'm partial to making a salty dog and sipping it with the girl from ipanema in the background. who else has a great drink/song/atmosphere scenario?
"Please sir, make it whiskey
For I have no head for wine."

tisbor
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Making the moment

Post by tisbor »

A bottle of beer , toilet fan spinning and the sound of my farts .

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Rocks glasses of Bourbon, then stair diving. Ah: Civilization.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

EGad987
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by EGad987 »

My favorite is drinking a bourbon a scotch and a beer in a dive bar while the jukebox plays "One bourbon one scotch one beer" by thorogood. Bonus if it's karaoke night and you sing the song while you're drinking the drinks (it's more than long enough)

Double bonus if you do it while you host karaoke. Which I did while singing that song, while drinking those drinks at last call. Someone's got to take care of the drunkard teabagger the mixer..

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by mormonholocaust »

^^^ I don't think you can call a bar a dive if it has scotch.
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

FUCK TETLEY'S ENGLISH ALE

EGad987
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by EGad987 »

100 Pipers isn't much of a scotch. It's scotch lite. Drink of choice of my Korean War vet regulars.

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Drunkenly singing along to "Dead Flowers" with new friends, and, preferably the Townes Van Zandt version, but the Rolling Stones version will do in a pinch. The drink in your hand can really be anything, but bourbon works quite nicely.

Another situation that I found pretty nice recently was this: me and some friends, who were all groomsmen at an overly religious (read "alcohol prohibited") wedding, sneaked out to the parking lot, where I had a bit of Macallan 12 year and some beer stashed, and, although we didn't have any music playing as we were trying to remain incognito, the song stuck in my head was "Hell ain't a bad place to be," by AC/DC.
IN VINO VERITAS

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

gnarkill wrote: Another situation that I found pretty nice recently was this: me and some friends, who were all groomsmen at an overly religious (read "alcohol prohibited") wedding, sneaked out to the parking lot, where I had a bit of Macallan 12 year and some beer stashed, and, although we didn't have any music playing as we were trying to remain incognito, the song stuck in my head was "Hell ain't a bad place to be," by AC/DC.
reminds me of another fairly religious wedding from last year. the groom's dad is a baptist minister, and was officiating. though there was beer and wine at the reception, we were expected to wait until then. well of course i as best man and the other groomsmen had flasks (for which the groom was very appreciative), but one buddy rolls up with a fully stocked carbar, and another friend comes in from NC with a trunk full of iced yuengling, which you couldn't get here at the time. i love my friends.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Hoist That Rag
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Hoist That Rag »

gnarkill wrote:Drunkenly singing along to "Dead Flowers" with new friends, and, preferably the Townes Van Zandt version, but the Rolling Stones version will do in a pinch. The drink in your hand can really be anything, but bourbon works quite nicely.

Another situation that I found pretty nice recently was this: me and some friends, who were all groomsmen at an overly religious (read "alcohol prohibited") wedding, sneaked out to the parking lot, where I had a bit of Macallan 12 year and some beer stashed, and, although we didn't have any music playing as we were trying to remain incognito, the song stuck in my head was "Hell ain't a bad place to be," by AC/DC.
Townes was a fucking saint i tellw ya!
I already know the ending, I'm just watching from the start to see how it all unfolds

ghostface1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ghostface1 »

then again, pretty much anytime some nasty fuck-up rock n roll is on it makes for a good mood for beer and whisky and friends. cue the replacements, george jones, or tom waits, bring on the makers, or devil tequila. let's get fucked up.
"Please sir, make it whiskey
For I have no head for wine."

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

The first time I had Jerry I drank it out of a coconut and listened to Martin Denny.

"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Negromancer wrote:The first time I had Jerry I drank it out of a coconut and listened to Martin Denny.

i like to think that's snow outside your window. please don't disillusion me.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Negromancer wrote:The first time I had Jerry I drank it out of a coconut and listened to Martin Denny.

Holy fuck, you rule. Hard.
IN VINO VERITAS

Curb Feeler
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: Just below concrete on the Rockwell hardness scale.

Post by Curb Feeler »

Coors light and a shot of Wild Turkey in a redneck bar while listening to "Goodbye Horses" and being the only one who gets the irony of the situation.

I considered asking the bartender how the hell that song ended up in his jukebox, but I figure some things are better left to the imagination, and had he actually known the song was in there and what it represents, I don't think I could have handled/survived that.

For those that don't know, "Goodbye Horses" was the song that Buffalo Bill did the "tuck dance" to in Silence of the Lambs.
Cell phones: The perfect way to keep in touch with distant friends whilst pissing off the ones sitting right next to you.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Goodbye horses rocks, ima listen to it now
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards