gin-haters

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

gin-haters

Post by DeeboCools »

I've been meeting some new people and recieved 4/5ths of a fifth and 3/4ters of a pint of gin from 2 different people who decided they "hate gin" despite loving other liquors.

what is the matter with people? they went on about how it's wierd that I like gin. Well, it tastes fantastic(even the cheap stuff) and it gets me good and angry-drunk enough to pay my bills on time.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: gin-haters

Post by Wingman »

i've had this problem for a while. i don't know when it started...but i've never liked gin. now, i'm determined to give it it's fair shake, so a buddy who primarily drinks gin and i are going to split a bottle before long, and he's going to make sure i'm drinking it right. martinis, i think, maybe some tonic.

anyway, if people were giving me half-full bottles of bourbon because they didn't like it, i wouldn't be complaining!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

I think it all started when I fell down and passed out in a juniper bush. Seriously, can barely stand the smell of the stuff but to each their own.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Jelmo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jelmo »

I like the stuff every now and then, but it's the one and only drink that makes my go lookin' for pennies every god damn time. Dare I admit it... I'm a bit scared since last time I drank it I busted my face open on the pavement and left me sick for 3 days. It wasn't pretty :)
"Don't give a damn how this turns out
Drain bottles just to scream and shout
On the run from reality
Poison helps me and go flee"

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

She's aces in my book.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Absorbed some jokes from a bartender who questioned my order of gin one time.

Don't understand it, myself. Granted, a G&T is said to be less "calorific" than other drinks, but it can still leave me on my back. For instance, the time I drank a bottle or more at a friends house, then took the wrong road home.

To my credit, I made it to work on time. Then fell over.

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

I'll take gin over vodka any day. I dont drink it neat, but its the best mixer there is
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I'm generally a straight whisk(e)y and beer man, but a good G&T is my default cocktail.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

I've tried to give Gin a fair shake, but just don't like it. I got a cheap bottle around for Long Island, but G&T's not my thing and I'll take a vodka Martini instead.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

oh well-more for me!

gin is more complex and can be heavy on the botanicals especially for vodka drinkers.
it needs to be given a fair shake and always in a martini..I would say first try it with a twist of lemon rather than olive because the briny salt masks the taste.

i love to take a sniff of a cold martini inhaling the botanicals (and also to tell how much vermouth is in it if someone else made it-i can tell if too wet)
that first sip-holding it in my mouth for a moment letting the warmth soak in and feeling it's vapors floating up .. then swallow and that lovely warmth just
sinks into my body and mind...now i am salivating..is it 6 o'clock somewhere? ;)

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

I love gin but it is a cruel mistress sometimes. Def my #1 sponsor for bad decisions in 2008.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

Like gin in all forms I've tried, neat included.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:She's aces in my book.

Here here!

As for the liuquor, it's the one that I can't drink straight and the only cocktail I usually order it in is the gin & tonic, sometimes with bitters.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

How can anyone hate gin? Heathens!
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Not loving Gin is like not loving Love. Fuck your friends.