The art of the art of drinking alone

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The art of the art of drinking alone

Post by peetie44 »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Few years back I set up a "tradition" with myself, twice a year (normally summer and winter solstice purely as they are easy to remember) I like to sit alone with a bottle and just get to know my monkey. Not gonna go all moonchld and say it's brought on epiphanys or anything but I think you need to drink alone from time to time, just to have some one to one time with your monkey.
Sounds like what I do pretty much every nite when Im not on the road
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

I suck at drinking alone. Last time i tried it I ended up email people, talking to people and communicating in other wacky ways I also posted alot. Thats not alone my friend (refering to myself) its just a joke.
Why?

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

amplifier wrote:I suck at drinking alone. Last time i tried it I ended up email people, talking to people and communicating in other wacky ways I also posted alot. Thats not alone my friend (refering to myself) its just a joke.

well ima try it again. Ill have a shower put on some pants then tuck into this fearsome bottle its ice cold and stareing at me as regal as the god damn queen and im talking english queen here no euro trash
Why?

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

amplifier wrote:
amplifier wrote:I suck at drinking alone. Last time i tried it I ended up email people, talking to people and communicating in other wacky ways I also posted alot. Thats not alone my friend (refering to myself) its just a joke.

well ima try it again. Ill have a shower put on some pants then tuck into this fearsome bottle its ice cold and stareing at me as regal as the god damn queen and im talking english queen here no euro trash
Apparently I have no monkey when Im alone. He thinks Im boring so only comes out when Im communicating with people. Who knew.
Why?

ducking frunk
Souse
Souse

Post by ducking frunk »

Finally! most people think its insane to drink alone.

looks like im not alone anymore :D

anyways, usually when im gettin my solo drink on I like to flip on a good drinking movie. Now that shit gets deep.
"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas"

in wine there is truth, in water there is health

In three things is a man revealed: in his goblet, in his wallet, and in his wrath

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

ducking frunk wrote:Finally! most people think its insane to drink alone.

anyways, usually when im gettin my solo drink on I like to flip on a good drinking movie. Now that shit gets deep.
Sanity and insanity are just words that assist to work through an shit i forgot what i was writting sorry was watching youtube
Why?

ducking frunk
Souse
Souse

Post by ducking frunk »

MADamplifier wrote:
ducking frunk wrote:Finally! most people think its insane to drink alone.

Sanity and insanity are just words that assist to work through an shit i forgot what i was writting sorry was watching youtube

Well shit made perfect sense thanks for the wisdom
"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas"

in wine there is truth, in water there is health

In three things is a man revealed: in his goblet, in his wallet, and in his wrath

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

The question i have to ask is are you ever truely alone if you hear voices?
Why?

Drednik
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Drednik »

I want an ice cold beer. Right this instant.
Why?

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Drinking alone is perfectly normal, but are you alone if you talk to yourself?

Sometimes when the wife and kids are out of the house, I'll pour a glass of tequila and sit on my driveway and drink it. Nothing like just you and the bottle, outdoors with the clean smell of smog and view of people passing by. Alone inside is good too, anyone who dosnt or cant drink alone is probally scared of themselves. Nothing like drinking alone to confim who you really are on the inside without the shell or mask you put on when you go out or are at work. No one is compleatly honest, and from time to time you need to show yourself to yourself as to not forget who you are.

Drinking alone is great!!!
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Peripat
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Peripat »

Bob Young wrote:Drinking alone is the best. Don't get me wrong, I love drinking in the company of my friends, coworkers, relatives, strangers, religious figures, and angry police officers as much as the next guy. But when drinking by myself I dont have to worry about anything but the next drink and if the cigarets are gonna hold out for the night.
When im drinking by myself, all is right in the universe. Even god sheds a tear of jealousy in the fact that I have found such personal joy in life. That nothing in the world, nothing at all is weighing me down. Im free to soar as high as my liver can take me. Nothing is better then the time spent drinking alone, with the best company I've ever know.
That was fucking INSPIRING. As in, off I go down to the bodega for more malt liquor.
from now on everyone on this board is on DST, or Drunkard Standard Time. - Tesko
Politics is just politics, drunkenness is life itself - Sgt. HSA

Ghost Cars On The Freeway

OxyGin
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by OxyGin »

I never drink alone,
I have a cat
You can't fall off the floor, but melting into it is doable.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I drink alone 6 out of 7 times(because one night a week, on average, someone will "let loose" with me in the same way I do nightly.

I'm over any kind of guilt about it, but sometimes I think I'm not getting anything out of it. Then, in a moment of clarity, I remember how other people are who drink "normal amounts". Neurotic. They hold grudges, get bent-out-of-shape easily, need societies permission for any moment of joy they do have.

Me? I'm not heartbroken, paranoid, obnoxious or dissatisfied. I'm happy and calm, and it's because I've put alot of time in drinking alone to wash all the bullshit away. For me it's not a once in a while thing. Drinking alone is something that makes me a complete human being.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I like to write and make music but I am also an obnoxious critic of my every creative move. Being that writing and making music (at least how I like to make music) are solitary endeavors, solitary boozing is the one key I've found that always liberates the natural flow of creativity and locks away the critic. Also, I like jumping around my apartment with my monkey and sometimes I'll get buck-naked just for the sweet hell of it.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'll drink alone if there's nobody around, but I'd never choose drinking alone over drinking with friends.