The art of the art of drinking alone

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mong
Souse
Souse

Re: The art of the art of drinking alone

Post by Mong »

I like to drink alone, or with a small number of trusted friends, and just ponder things. In some ways, the world makes a little more sense when I'm drunk; things that I thought were beyond reason come back within reach -- or just almost -- again.
Last edited by Mong on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ineedadrink
Tippler
Tippler

Post by ineedadrink »

Sometimes it's better to drink alone when you only have the option of drinking around or with, God forbid, assholes, mon ami!
I cannot marry you because I am an old fashioned girl: if I marry you, I can no longer sleep around.

....meanwhile, I have memories to weep or laugh over and a liver to destroy within an inch or perhaps, just give a little tickle.

"I am perfectly capable of being polite," she said. "The trouble is that there are too many morons around to waste being polite on."

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

Being married means who have to drink alone when the wife isn't around.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

drinking alone, sometimes it just has to be done

apE
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by apE »

deebocools wrote: I'm over any kind of guilt about it, but sometimes I think I'm not getting anything out of it. Then, in a moment of clarity, I remember how other people are who drink "normal amounts". Neurotic. They hold grudges, get bent-out-of-shape easily, need societies permission for any moment of joy they do have.

Me? I'm not heartbroken, paranoid, obnoxious or dissatisfied. I'm happy and calm, and it's because I've put alot of time in drinking alone to wash all the bullshit away. For me it's not a once in a while thing. Drinking alone is something that makes me a complete human being.

Thanks... that was inspiring!
For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication. [Nietzsche]

"I saw God in drunkard chat last week. He offered me good advice, but I can't remember what it was." --Fabric

<apE>: pint, go fetch me a drink!
<pint>: apE, i only got ralphs brand mouthwash or some red wine.

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

I love drinking alone, alone with my books, records, movies, etc. The bartender's friendly, pours heavy, and there's no crowd at the bar. Put on a good drinking DVD (Bogart, '70s crime, JAWS) or maybe an outlaw country album and I'm set. Hell, I'm doin' it now!

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

We all drink alone. Think of that moment when your buddy buys a round of Jameson shots and you're staring down the barrel of that sweet, brown nectar...is there anyone in the bar at that moment besides you? Of course not; there's only the booze & you.
Or when you top off your Miller Light with the last drop of the seventh pitcher while your buddy is taking a piss and you raise that glass up and drink a few gulps so it looks like all is even. Despite all the bar-chatter and pool table-clacking, you are drinking alone in those moments. Be proud of it. Draw strength from it. And by all means, recognize yourself as a true drunk...and not one of those loser 'alcoholics' who couldn't play the field.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Plus, drinking alone is (usually) judgement-free.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Heid »

I am simultaneously my best friend and worst enemy when it comes to solitary boozing.

FearNoBeer
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by FearNoBeer »

[quote="peetie44"]Plus, drinking alone is (usually) judgement-free.[/quote]

Wise words. If you´re not able to drink alone, you`re still practicing or afraid of yourself. Do it!
Evil remains Evil...

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

FearNoBeer wrote:
peetie44 wrote:Plus, drinking alone is (usually) judgement-free.
Wise words. If you´re not able to drink alone, you`re still practicing or afraid of yourself. Do it!
Brother, you scare me. I agree with your sentiments re: boozing alone, but your enthusiasm jars me. Your mugshot-like photo does not help.
Nevertheless, I think we should booze it up ASAP.

Oche
Souse
Souse

Post by Oche »

I enjoy solo drinking as much as group drinking, i believe is a matter of preference, however i do agree that those who don't have the confidence of boozing alone might be a little insecure or afraid of their inner monkeys.

FearNoBeer
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by FearNoBeer »

[quote="Aloysius82"][quote="FearNoBeer"][quote="peetie44"]Plus, drinking alone is (usually) judgement-free.[/quote]

Wise words. If you´re not able to drink alone, you`re still practicing or afraid of yourself. Do it![/quote]

Brother, you scare me. I agree with your sentiments re: boozing alone, but your enthusiasm jars me. Your mugshot-like photo does not help.
Nevertheless, I think we should booze it up ASAP.[/quote]

Hahahahah, that´s my passport-picture. So thats´ why I have the "I´m going to collect my money, no matter what!"-look. And yeah, I´m used to this "drinking alone"-thing, although I don´t do it all the time. Tomorrow I´m heading to the countryside, meet some friends, do the whole "barbecue-drink-drink-DRINK!-talk "shit"-raise hell"-thing. It´s gonna be good. Cheers!
Evil remains Evil...

dascott
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by dascott »

Drinking alone is responsible economics, and good for the environment. So lets all save a fucking whale or something.

First post in two years, rah and stuff. I spent 5 minutes catching up on the front page (I'm being generous) and hit the forums and reminded myself why I love drinking. Much love to these boards for introducing me to my pal Jerry. We're hangin as we speak. I think someone is going to swing by and drag me out though. He'll be waiting for me when I get back like an old faithful hound.

PS: Anyone else use this Avatar? My hero.

Milspec
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Milspec »

Moved to the stix, no pub for miles. Just a windowless shed, a space heater and a bottle; make friends with the spiders, dance with the shadows and glow.
"Trinke liebchen, trinke schnell, trinken macht die augen hell!"