The art of the art of drinking alone

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

redshift
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: The art of the art of drinking alone

Post by redshift »

swingbozo wrote:When you are drinking alone, at least you are drinking with someone you love.
And I love myself to pieces.
The What?? I hate signature images!

Drinky the Drunk Guy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Drinky the Drunk Guy »

Now I love my g/f to pieces, but she's away tonight, so I'm Drinking Alone, getting acquainted with a magnum of shiraz... (gotta work tomorrow so dont wanna OverDo it...)

Drinking Alone means I can listen to whatever I want however loud I wanna (cool old jazz right now, art Blakey I think), watch whatever I want (prolly pull out the Black Books dvds later cause the wine meshes so well w/those wonderful, wonderful eps), eat whatever I want (pork! and I make a meeean cornbread, I'm adding bacon this time)... she'll be specially missed if I get all hornified, but I can... uh, manage... anyways, drinking alone = "ME TIME"! always good for ya! (well, not calorically speaking maybe, but you know what I mean!)

Disclaimer: I can do all those things anytime I want and she's cool w/it... but it's just more pure fun when I'm doing it on "ME TIME!"

I'm empty. Off to the fridge...
"When I'm not drinkin'... I'm thinkin' 'bout drinkin'..." — The Meat Purveyors

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Heid »

I drink alone most nights as my girlfriend isn't much of a drinker (though she can pound them away when she's in the mood!). I've just joined Drunkard forums tonight and I'm nursing a nice, light ale. Probably pour some wine after this. And all because I have no work tomorrow and Herself does :D

Drinky the Drunk Guy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Drinky the Drunk Guy »

Welcome to the club, Heid!

I'm in and out sporadically but there's definitely alot of cool folks and boozy goodness on these boards. Enjoy!
"When I'm not drinkin'... I'm thinkin' 'bout drinkin'..." — The Meat Purveyors

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Heid »

Drinky the Drunk Guy wrote:Welcome to the club, Heid!

I'm in and out sporadically but there's definitely alot of cool folks and boozy goodness on these boards. Enjoy!
Cheers for the welcome. I've opened up a tab. Just help yourself to a drink.

Bob Young
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sitting on the dock, waiting for the ship too blackout island. I hope it didn't forget about me.

Post by Bob Young »

Drinking alone is the best. Don't get me wrong, I love drinking in the company of my friends, coworkers, relatives, strangers, religious figures, and angry police officers as much as the next guy. But when drinking by myself I dont have to worry about anything but the next drink and if the cigarets are gonna hold out for the night.
When im drinking by myself, all is right in the universe. Even god sheds a tear of jealousy in the fact that I have found such personal joy in life. That nothing in the world, nothing at all is weighing me down. Im free to soar as high as my liver can take me. Nothing is better then the time spent drinking alone, with the best company I've ever know.
“Sinite felix transeat tempus!”

Ozz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Ozz »

Drinking alone is relaxing, no rush, no agenda, no future tasks on the horizon except sleeping, or a bedtime snack, tucked
away from the world in your home at night.

Funny thing is everyone I like to drink with, they also drink alone. People who don't drink alone, I'd rather have their
room than their company when I'm drinking.
The Experiment needs volunteers. Log your evening and share it with us.
http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1014210

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I'm doing that shit right now!
I'll miss you, pallie.

Cross
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Cross »

Drinking alone is the best thing you can do with yourself -- bar-none. Even better than self love
“Did you ever think that making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg? It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else.” LBJ

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Cross wrote:Drinking alone is the best thing you can do with yourself -- bar-none. Even better than self love
You make it sound like it's mutually exclusive. Can't you multi-task?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Bob Young
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Sitting on the dock, waiting for the ship too blackout island. I hope it didn't forget about me.

Post by Bob Young »

Cross wrote:Drinking alone is the best thing you can do with yourself -- bar-none. Even better than self love
Isn't drinking alone self love? He cant be talking about masturbation, thats self punishment.
“Sinite felix transeat tempus!”

royhobbs30
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by royhobbs30 »

My first post on a site that I may have been looking for subconsciously for years. Let's see , where do I start. The art of drinking alone. Somehow I think I have perfected this art and I indulge in it on a regular basis, shying away from friends and family and hell sometimes work for that matter. I figure "why the hell am I going to go to a bar/pub and spend 30 dollars on a few drinks when I can spend that 30 bucks on a Liter of my favorite hooch and stay liquored up for a couple of days?"

albeit depressing at times, you get to examine yourself and some of the inner workings of a completely warped mind. I've discovered some things about myself that are truly intriguing although the morning after is filled with "damn, i can't move and get outta bed for work" so waking up and flipping over and seeing that friendly bottle of tequila or warm seagrams gin always makes the morning go a little bit better. Get liquored up take a shower, hell bring that bottle into the shower with you, makes the shower that much more exciting.

I'm not lured into calling an ex-girlfriend or ex wife for that matter or a girl I'm talking to now, I'm lured into the world of finding myself with that special "wash" that makes me find myself. It's an interesting testament to what we all can find within ourselves., if you haven't already found it.

I think I may leave early today and find a local store to start my drinking, alone....
drinking is not a crime, it's a way of life..

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

welcome to paradise, roy. start a thread in the pub and introduce yourself. new guy buys, though.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

I drink every night, sometimes I'm alone, sometimes with people. It dosen't affect my drinking one way or another. I'll either converse with who is there or I'll watch TV or read, whatever, I can do both without being drunk too but no one complains when I sit at home not drunk.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

Shot Time

Post by Shot Time »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Few years back I set up a "tradition" with myself, twice a year (normally summer and winter solstice purely as they are easy to remember) I like to sit alone with a bottle and just get to know my monkey. Not gonna go all moonchld and say it's brought on epiphanys or anything but I think you need to drink alone from time to time, just to have some one to one time with your monkey.
Boy if that ain't the truest I read in a while. Funny how you go through ups and downs too--jubilance, inspiration, sadness, lonliness (at which point the drunk dial makes an appearance) then acceptance, defiance, blacked out and then bed.
Use to be cool