What have been your most cringeworthy hangover moments ?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

boots
Tippler
Tippler

Re: What have been your most cringeworthy hangover moments ?

Post by boots »

My most cringeworthy moment...

I was 17 and living with my parents. My friends had coaxed me in to chewing tobacco (dip, really) the night before. I proceeded to quietly sneak a cooking pot for vomiting purposes into my bedroom. What I threw up wasn't a liquid, but a white foam from the spit I swallowed while chewing. Add in a 15 beer dry and you have a not-fun morning of hiding your hangover from your parents.

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Fbomb »

No question, the worst are the mornings when I see the clock, and I KNOW, i'm supposed to be where I'm supposed to be, and it's actually better to play dead than to show up wasted. Peeps are wondering where the fuck you ARE, man... and yre just home horizontal, cause showing up is gonna be worse than silence... hiding out, sneaking in... there's no one moment, it's a pluralistic occurrence

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Fbomb wrote:No question, the worst are the mornings when I see the clock, and I KNOW, i'm supposed to be where I'm supposed to be, and it's actually better to play dead than to show up wasted. Peeps are wondering where the fuck you ARE, man... and yre just home horizontal, cause showing up is gonna be worse than silence... hiding out, sneaking in... there's no one moment, it's a pluralistic occurrence
Damn, that sounds very familiar.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Fbomb »

DS knows what I'm talking about. Ya gotta get stealthy. Like, when yre walking in late, always walk in with a pen and paper in your hand, so it looks like yre coming from somewhere else relevant. Then get a giant cup of hot beverage and act like a dick for half the rest of the day. Not the whole day, just half. Make it look for as many peeps as possible like you were tied up doing something important and distasteful. A lot of them will buy it. The ones who don't, most will shut up. Play the numbers. By next morning, most people can't recall a goddam thing that they saw the day before.

GBaxter
Tippler
Tippler

Post by GBaxter »

I was 14 and my friend's older brother bought us two gigantic jugs of very cheap wine. They were so big, I had difficulty even
raising the thing to my mouth when it was full. Of course at 14, I had no idea what my body could handle. The last thing I
remember, I was trying to aim my puke away from this a BMW in bowling alley's parking lot, but for some reason, it was
going all over it. I woke several hours later at my friend's house wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pyjamas with
penises drawn on my face and arms.

ImD
Tippler
Tippler

Post by ImD »

at my uncle's massive 60th birthday party Ive tried to get back home all drunk, and apparently I did not manage to get that far (200meters.)
I was found by a friend lying down on the grass right in front of a church, good thing he took me home.
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I drank like a bottle of vodka with a bunch of lemon all night. Woke up with my stomach feeling like a clenched fist, my eyes on fire because I left my contact lenses in, and no recollection of what I did. Nothing bad really happened, but the feeling of anxiety and terror of that morning was enough to keep me away from vodka for about two years.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I drank a growler of beer and a buncha jello shots, and had a doc appt. the next day. Got to the office, started filling out paperwork and passed out in the waiting room chair. Some old broad shook me awake cuz apparently I was snoring like a fucking chainsaw.

Hell of it was, I was seeing a dermatologist for my rosacea, or as it was called in the olden days, "Gin Blossoms."
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:I drank a growler of beer and a buncha jello shots, and had a doc appt. the next day. Got to the office, started filling out paperwork and passed out in the waiting room chair. Some old broad shook me awake cuz apparently I was snoring like a fucking chainsaw.

Hell of it was, I was seeing a dermatologist for my rosacea, or as it was called in the olden days, "Gin Blossoms."
That's when your face gets red from drinking isn't it? Is your face still all red?

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

There are several triggers, different for every person. I was listening to the doc list things like drinking, working out, spicy food, hot weather, etc. and I'm like, "Ok, I love all those things, what can we do?"

I have a special facewash and cream, but I rarely get flareups anymore. I think it was the dry, cold winters we had where I grew up in Missouri. Don't get too many of those in Florida.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:There are several triggers, different for every person. I was listening to the doc list things like drinking, working out, spicy food, hot weather, etc. and I'm like, "Ok, I love all those things, what can we do?"

I have a special facewash and cream, but I rarely get flareups anymore. I think it was the dry, cold winters we had where I grew up in Missouri. Don't get too many of those in Florida.
Glad to hear you got it under control. I saw a young woman who was drinking at a bar who had that response, she was burning up!

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

As my most Cringeworthy hangover moment was as.I was working in a bar and serving beers to people after a night of drinking heavy it hurt so bad a had the day sift it started at 7:30 am to 430 pm

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

beerkegbilly wrote:As my most Cringeworthy hangover moment was as.I was working in a bar and serving beers to people after a night of drinking heavy it hurt so bad a had the day sift it started at 7:30 am to 430 pm
Yeah, if I have a hangover to myself I can really handle anything, but I'm sure I've had like a dozen of those moments at work, working early in the morning.

You start to space out, then a general soul-pain takes over. I usually think something like "Holy shit" or "Really?" It's just overwhelming and indescribable.

But then it goes away, and you get drunk again.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

After drinking on our national holiday a few years ago, I couldn't muster the strength to leave my tiny one-room apartment for two days. I kept the curtains shut and cried like a baby from the mere thought of going outside. Anxiety struck me like a bomb each time a flashback appeared. The horror truly materialized when I found a broom I had stolen resting against the door, when memories of me gargling gutteraly like a tribal warrior, wielding the broom as if it was a war trophy as I ran screaming down the streets. Vivid memories of celebratory ritualistic vomitation and cultural insensitivity ensued. My head felt like it had imploded, and the stale taste and aroma old of shrimp, red wine and guinness burnt into my palate. I don't think I could look people in the eye for weeks.

I have this reaction when I'm hung over. I need zen-like concentration to get by. If people ask me questions or comment anything I will uncontrollably vomit everywhere.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Negroleptic wrote:After drinking on our national holiday a few years ago, I couldn't muster the strength to leave my tiny one-room apartment for two days. I kept the curtains shut and cried like a baby from the mere thought of going outside. Anxiety struck me like a bomb each time a flashback appeared. The horror truly materialized when I found a broom I had stolen resting against the door, when memories of me gargling gutteraly like a tribal warrior, wielding the broom as if it was a war trophy as I ran screaming down the streets. Vivid memories of celebratory ritualistic vomitation and cultural insensitivity ensued. My head felt like it had imploded, and the stale taste and aroma old of shrimp, red wine and guinness burnt into my palate. I don't think I could look people in the eye for weeks.

I have this reaction when I'm hung over. I need zen-like concentration to get by. If people ask me questions or comment anything I will uncontrollably vomit everywhere.
Wow, great post. That sounds intense. Did you drink at all during the 2 days of self imposed exile?