You've got $20...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: You've got $20...

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I did post this two years ago and I now frequent a different candy store, so the prices may indeed have risen. On the other hand, Tampa is a great drunk town, so they can definitely move volume to keep prices low. I'll have to go back to my old hood and pop my head in.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

UPDATE: Foster's oilcans holding steady at $2 at my old grocery/liquor store in south Tampa. Didn't check on the airplane bottles, but surely if the price of Beam has risen, you could substitute some no-name vodka if you're hard-up.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

PBR 24's are would fill the bill.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

SourMash
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SourMash »

Easy, a litre of Evan black and some Steel Reserve. Why does life have to be complicated?

jackstraw
Souse
Souse

Post by jackstraw »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Fifth of Kentucky Tavern and a 30 of PBR and you loan me 5 bucks for a pack of Pall Malls and some chips.

"Let's go, smokes..."
wise choices * * * *
Think Id skip the chips cause smokes are a bit more here in Norwalk ,CT - -but yeah, need the smokes- -

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

It's been a hard day, leave the bottle of cognac on the bar please, oh, and give me a funnel too, will you?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I picked up a fifth of borski vodka for $3.99...not the best by far, but for the price, it did just fine.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Miklo wrote:I picked up a fifth of borski vodka for $3.99...not the best by far, but for the price, it did just fine.
Wow! And I can lay my hand on a "drip"; sounds like just what I need, right now...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

jackstraw wrote:wise choices * * * *
Think Id skip the chips cause smokes are a bit more here in Norwalk ,CT - -but yeah, need the smokes- -
Smokes, fags, ciggies, butts, whatever you call it, I sure could use one now.

Loooong, densely packed week, these past four days, so weekend starts now, like Bur said last Thirstday.

$20. Yup. That'll be enough for a proper buzz. Here's how I will do it tonight.

Burby and Bates in Orono has Delirium Tremens for $9.49: that and the tax will equal half of my allocation. The way I see it, the first beer is the best, so sip it thoughtfully and enjoyably.

After that, it matters less how they taste and more about what they have to offer for your buzz.

DRINK!

I will spend the rest on cheap ice beer and bum my smokes from anyone within earshot of my magnificent singing voice that I can achieve only at loud volume after consuming a large volume.

I will visit the neighborhood with my wares, and trade, but not give. $20? That's is enough indeed. See you back here in four hours when it's all in my tummy.

Happy birthday Patchez!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

tdcwillies wrote:
jackstraw wrote:wise choices * * * *
Smokes, fags, ciggies, butts, whatever you call it, I sure could use one now.

Loooong, densely packed week, these past four days, so weekend starts now, like Bur said last Thirstday.

$20. Yup. That'll be enough for a proper buzz. Here's how I will do it tonight.

Burby and Bates in Orono has Delirium Tremens for $9.49: that and the tax will equal half of my allocation. The way I see it, the first beer is the best, so sip it thoughtfully and enjoyably.
After that, it matters less how they taste and more about what they have to offer for your buzz.
DRINK!

I will spend the rest on cheap ice beer and bum my smokes from anyone within earshot of my magnificent singing voice that I can achieve only at loud volume after consuming a large volume.

I will visit the neighborhood with my wares, and trade, but not give. $20? That's is enough indeed. See you back here in four hours when it's all in my tummy.
Happy birthday Patchez!
If $20 can't get you massively messed up you need to reevaluate your expectations with deep self examination. It can be a painful process.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Going off one of the standard questions for the Drunk of the Issue, what would be your preferred poison be if you had a double-sawbuck burning a hole in your pocket?

Me, I'd probably have to dig in the couch to make up the tax, but here in Tampa, a Foster's oilcan is $2, and so is a shooter bottle of Beam. So 5 of each would eat up the $20 and certainly the rest of the day.

How about you?
I did it! It led to a bit of a bender. I sang for my supper, so to speak, good man. And thank you for creating this insightful thread. There should be a travelogue type book for Drunkards: "How to tour Drunkworld on $20 a Day."

Lush City wrote:
If $20 can't get you massively messed up you need to reevaluate your expectations with deep self examination. It can be a painful process.
Indeed, L.C., it is a process that necessitates further inquiry!

The original intention was to proceed to the the BUrby and Bates store for my indoctrinational victuals and then sip the best one alone. Always sip your best liquids alone, unless your home is not filled with folks who do not ascribe to the idea of flavor vs filling.

And then I nabbed a college-ruled knapsack (them kids these days refer to those handy beverage carriers as a "book-bag") and filled it up with my wares.

I headed out.

The Delirium Tremens is not a luxury afforded to the cheap drunk, but I like to mix it up. I am neither cheap, nor a mixer, but I am indeed, a Drunkard. I prefer to have the best start for myself unless one of you fellow excellent appreciationers of good booze were, or had been, that is, in my company.

Then we would have raised a toast to More.

More Drinks.

DRINK!

The first stop upon my stroll was Sir Harry's House. CHez Hursuit. He was my best friend when he suddenly showed up on our rez, thirty eight years ago. The rez has changed a lot since then. Now we have indoor plumbing.

His mother had divorced his pa, and then left the boys with him, and he returned to our rez. Eventually, he became one of our CHiefs. But he has since passed on, and now we raise a toast to his memory.

*sip*

However, since his passing, his sons have followed the lowest path of we fellow (and lady) Drunkards: which is to Not Take Care Of Business.

INdeed, this man may may found searching for returnable beverage containers in the ditches and along the road from those who contribute to such exciting work via tossing their empties from the window or their walk as they sally forth in their own inebriation.

What wonderful stories they may afford us all, if we would simply visit with a beverage or two?

It must be said here that each and every Drunkard has a tale to tell, and it is important to save them for posterity; in our work to record the world of the Mighty Drunkard. The cover of the book might not read, "Do Not Panic," but instead; "Do Not Dry!"

I am well into the third day of my $20 a day exploration of this excellent intercourse introduced to us by the kind Sir Jiggers McCoy, and it is taking quite a bit of time to keep backspacing and correcting as I go along,

and,

Nothing must take away from the Drinking TIme.

I will get back to you anon

but not anonymous.

Cheers!

Part 2, Harry's tale to me, and then, What Hppened At The Next Stop, and then etc, as I head back out.

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

tdcwillies wrote:...

It must be said here that each and every Drunkard has a tale to tell, and it is important to save them for posterity; in our work to record the world of the Mighty Drunkard. The cover of the book might not read, "Do Not Panic," but instead; "Do Not Dry!
If published could win a Pullitzer Prize or at least front page at dailymail.com... crash and burn stories of drunks going dry for one reason or another are very interesting.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:If published could win a Pullitzer Prize or at least front page at dailymail.com... crash and burn stories of drunks going dry for one reason or another are very interesting.
The crash and burn of a true Drunkard would cause the alcohol crystals in their liver to burn with an intensity that could conceivably become atomic fission.

Voilà, a star is born.

(Edited to add: I looked back up and realized that I had written about the travels and travails of that night and the ensuing weekend events. And then said I would recap. OK, for anyone who is interested, I will; juts need to do some moral accounting)

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

tdcwillies wrote:

(Edited to add: I looked back up and realized that I had written about the travels and travails of that night and the ensuing weekend events. And then said I would recap. OK, for anyone who is interested, I will; juts need to do some moral accounting)
Oh, God forbid!!!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Lush City wrote:
tdcwillies wrote: need to do some moral accounting)
Oh, God forbid!!!
Indeed! Forgive my laxative in judgement. That sounds like some sort of Dry Step or something. I shall Ban the thought.

Also, have some Pabst in hand, as I look through all these unread threads while listening to the 6th podcast (called number 5, due to the loss of one of them, hilarious story FKR had about that)

CHeers, LC! Cheers to you all