You've got $20...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: You've got $20...

Post by perfectly pickled »

johnny walker green label has just been on sale with a third off, coming in at £20 exactly for 700ml (@ ocado). I'll go with that

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

In my circle,,$20 would render 12 liters of cane styled hang over free imbibificating,,,,,,,,,,,discounting the alcohol poisoning and dehydration a course.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

GIVE ME TWENTY DOLLARS BITCH
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

I could build a cozy fort out of boxed wine for $20. I'll be the guy on the parapet with stained lips who shoots at the teetotalers, keeping them back in the dark, harsh Forest of Undrunkenness.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

$20 is really pleanty of money to buy tickets to black out island for today and tomarrow. I get a handle of old crow for 18, 12 if its on sale. $10 is really easy as well fifth of EW for 9. The real challenge is a $5 drunk can it be done?
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by KissMyPabst »

Miklo wrote:$20 is really pleanty of money to buy tickets to black out island for today and tomarrow. I get a handle of old crow for 18, 12 if its on sale. $10 is really easy as well fifth of EW for 9. The real challenge is a $5 drunk can it be done?

Yeah, I've been trying to find the epic $5 combo for a long time now. Best I can do is try to wait as long as possible to start drinking (this clearly won't last for day drinking), then go with a sixer of 16oz keystone ice cans for $3.55 (including tax and deposit) and a half pint of cheap vodka for $2.16 (including tax). Not the best drunk by any means, but if you manage it right, it'll get you there for $5 and change.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Good question. If I just had $5, I'd probably do the KissMyPabst route: get a 4pk of pounders and half-pint of cheap liquor, or maybe just a pint of the cheap stuff.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yeah, 5 bucks would be a tough one.
In my younger days I would go give plasma and buy a few 40 ouncers. Thin your blood and all, ya know?
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

$5 is a dire situation. In reality what I would do is hold onto the monet for later and drink from my reserves. I always stock up on Evan when it's on sale and my reserves are always at least a handle.

If I had to buy something, I'd scrouge the change from the couch and hope I could either find someone to split a handle of cheao vodka or find enough to buy a fifth of the cheapest canadian, blended, or voka for abou 6 plus tax.

If strictly limited to $5 look for the cheapest 24 ozers of Steel Reserve. Or maybe some bum wine.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Sherry could be a good candidate for the 5 dollar category. It's super cheap and some are pretty strong. Tastes great too if you chill it.

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

John Barleycorn wrote:$5 is a dire situation. In reality what I would do is hold onto the monet for later and drink from my reserves. I always stock up on Evan when it's on sale and my reserves are always at least a handle.

If I had to buy something, I'd scrouge the change from the couch and hope I could either find someone to split a handle of cheao vodka or find enough to buy a fifth of the cheapest canadian, blended, or voka for abou 6 plus tax.

If strictly limited to $5 look for the cheapest 24 ozers of Steel Reserve. Or maybe some bum wine.
Oh for heavens sake......can cook your own and be well within the best middle of the road likker for pennies on the dollar (excluding start up costs). within a year or two you'd be giving all but the very best a run for their money,,,,,,,,,,,minus any real hangover to boot,,,,,,,that counts for a bunch...

Sorry for blurting out. Couldn't contain my self.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

I say that 5$ is still feasible. But don't screw my mind with... what about 1$. In that case, get the fuck off this board.

Corrodesthefilm
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Corrodesthefilm »

BBoozer wrote:I say that 5$ is still feasible. But don't screw my mind with... what about 1$. In that case, get the fuck off this board.

A completely immoral $1.00 drunk:

Invite yourself to your buddy's house
Drink his booze
Notice ~$1.00 in change has fallen into his couch
Don't give a fuck
Continue drinking his booze

As for me a handle of Crow can keep me going for a few days at least. 19 dollars and some change here after taxes.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

$20 gets you nowhere in Australia. The only way to get anywhere with it is by buying $20 worth of ingredients for moonshine. My maths says that about eight bottles of vodka.

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

LWTCS wrote:(excluding start up costs).
That's a big thing to exclude. But a bigger problem for me is that I don't always know where I'm going to be, and I can't just pack up a moonshining operation and move it overseas at the drop of a hat.