Guinness In Ireland...

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Guinness In Ireland...

Post by peetie44 »

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Guinness In Ireland...

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I had a conversation about that on here , I think it was with Ruiner, like three years ago.
Maybe there's something to it. and I would like to find out first hand some day.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

I heard it ain't any different....never tried though. Maybe its just cos your in Ireland I dunno.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Dunno about this stuff, but I'll be testing how whisky stuff tastes in Scotland in less than two months. If I can stay undrunk to the point where you can actually taste, instead of just feeling the burn of alcohol. Remains to be seen.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

It does taste different, but not only in Ireland. Guinness is being brewed in various places around Europe.
I love Guinness, but my favourite stout is Caffreys Black. Unfortunately very rare. The last time I had it was in Spain.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mr Boozificator wrote:It does taste different, but not only in Ireland. Guinness is being brewed in various places around Europe.
I love Guinness, but my favourite stout is Caffreys Black. Unfortunately very rare. The last time I had it was in Spain.
Hey, Frenchman...we're talking real beer here...NOT that over-hyped, over-priced red wine y'all serve...

Now, get your ass back over here, safe and sound...don't make us come and get you.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Guinness 'might' taste better in Ireland, but really guys, it still is just lemonade. Belgian strong beers are the way to go.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Guinness is a great beer though even if its not strong, Belgian beer is great, Rocheforte 10 is one of my personal favs.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Rochefort 10 is great, but you have to be careful with it - it is very potent. Maybe that's part of the appeal of Guinness: you can keep on drinking without getting too drunk.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

I found Guinness on tap in Bangkok, sure didn't taste like Guinness, but it wasn't bad!

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

BBoozer wrote:Rochefort 10 is great, but you have to be careful with it - it is very potent. Maybe that's part of the appeal of Guinness: you can keep on drinking without getting too drunk.
Guinness is a great session beer, its something you can drink pint after pint of without getting to any real level of drunkenness. Even with shots of whiskey on the side it doesn't seem to creep up on me that much. Things like rocheforte 10 start to seriously catch up after about the 8th bottle...can keep going but always end up completely twatted.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

captain gonzo wrote:
BBoozer wrote:Rochefort 10 is great, but you have to be careful with it - it is very potent. Maybe that's part of the appeal of Guinness: you can keep on drinking without getting too drunk.
Guinness is a great session beer, its something you can drink pint after pint of without getting to any real level of drunkenness. Even with shots of whiskey on the side it doesn't seem to creep up on me that much. Things like rocheforte 10 start to seriously catch up after about the 8th bottle...can keep going but always end up completely twatted.
That's exactly what I mean. I'll agree that unexperienced drinkers will get drunk on Guinness, but for real drunkards like us, it's a beer to drink all day. That said, and getting back on topic, I have no doubt at all that Guinness tastes better in Ireland. My redhead spent a two-week vacation once in Ireland, and she basically survived on Guinness. To this day, she still loves Guinness, every time she drinks it, it brings back memories of Ireland. Of course, this was in her bikers days, before she met me. I have never been to Ireland.

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Apparently Guinness in England is made in the same place, so its probably just who pours it. When I've had a real Irish bar maid pour mine before and take time over it it really did taste better. I think thats the bigger issue than the geography.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Surprised RA isn't all up in here about proper pours and suchlike.

I've had Guinness at the tourist spot in Dublin (it's not actually the brewery) other places around Ireland, and many places around the US. Know what? It all tasted like Guinness.

Maybe it was better at only a few days old, but not by much. My theory is that you're so goddamn tired of HEARING and LEARNING about Guinness, by the time you actually get one, it's like steak to a starving man.

Maybe I've scorched my palate with too much whiskey, hot sauce and questionable poon, but I find all the crap about pouring it correctly and it being better in it's country of origin (Guinness is not the only one guilty of this) to be stupid. It's beer, it's gonna taste like beer no matter where you drink it or what you drink it out of.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Actually I was warned by a bartender in Dublin that the Guinness at the top of the tower tasted more bitter than at any of the pubs. He was right. The pint I had after I toured the brewery was one of the worst I've ever had. Perhaps it is supposed to taste that bitter and so maybe the one I had was "better" but it sure tasted worse to me and it was ironic that the guy who had poured me one the night before told me it would taste better at his bar than up there.

And people can believe what they like, but facts are that Heineken tastes way better where it is made (especially on tap) than it does here. The reason is simple. Green glass only filter out less than half of the light which can and does spoil the beer. Drinking imported beer out of a clear or green bottle is just asking for spoiled beer.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619