Getting drunk quick.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jose Beam
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: Getting drunk quick.

Post by Jose Beam »

I prefer to do a shot of whiskey (Beam or Evan Williams usually) chased with a whiskey and coke or water. Then I'll pound beers, about two per cocktail until the nice, fuzzy fingers of inebriation begin to tickle me. Usually takes less than a half-hour.
I can't be your kind, and you can't be mine. Cos I've got wine... on my mind... all the time. -Johnny Paycheck

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Fuck, I wish I could get drunk that quick, I'm like a concrete wall these days.

Jose Beam
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jose Beam »

Yeah, too bad. It's already worked it's magic tonight!
I can't be your kind, and you can't be mine. Cos I've got wine... on my mind... all the time. -Johnny Paycheck

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

JimLahey wrote:I found that drinking Canadian whiskey straight out of the bottle does the trick quite well in a very short amount of time. It's nice and smooth and you can suck a good two shots out of the bottle per swig without much of a problem. Is Canadian whiskey popular in the U.S.?
Seagram's 7 is my local's well whiskey so I drink it quite often. Crown Royal is popular and good, but overpriced IMO. I got a bottle of Crown Black from a member of this board and that was excellent. I used to drink Black Velvet...terrible whiskey. Now I mostly stick with 7 or Irish whiskey, depending on price. But to answer your question, yes it is popular here.

And for getting drunk? I don't know what it is but Scotch gets me drunk quicker than anything. Probably be I generally drink high proof scotch with no mixer. Proper martinis will get it done as well. I can drink 100 proof rumpleminz for hours w/out getting drunk so it's not all about the proof.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Resident Asshole wrote:
JimLahey wrote:I found that drinking Canadian whiskey straight out of the bottle does the trick quite well in a very short amount of time. It's nice and smooth and you can suck a good two shots out of the bottle per swig without much of a problem. Is Canadian whiskey popular in the U.S.?
Seagram's 7 is my local's well whiskey so I drink it quite often. Crown Royal is popular and good, but overpriced IMO. I got a bottle of Crown Black from a member of this board and that was excellent. I used to drink Black Velvet...terrible whiskey. Now I mostly stick with 7 or Irish whiskey, depending on price. But to answer your question, yes it is popular here.

And for getting drunk? I don't know what it is but Scotch gets me drunk quicker than anything. Probably be I generally drink high proof scotch with no mixer. Proper martinis will get it done as well. I can drink 100 proof rumpleminz for hours w/out getting drunk so it's not all about the proof.
Yes it is I like Yukon jack, crown Royal.

Groggy
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Groggy »

I've developed a talent for this. Two pulls, separated by about 30 minutes can get me half way down a fith of Stoli. That's my binge starter.
Alcohol is a symphony

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Groggy wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:36 pm
I've developed a talent for this. Two pulls, separated by about 30 minutes can get me half way down a fith of Stoli. That's my binge starter.
Hey you were right, digging out some old gold.
Drink!

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

This is truly a nightmare of a question as getting drunk quickly often ends up in a disaster. How to get drunk really fast? Well obviously drink half a bottle of liquor for starters, but that is not what the intention behind the question is. If you wish to get hammered really fast, avoid throwing up (which I understand some would argue is a natural part of the process) and have a good time here's my gameplan:

1-hour:
You are thirsty as fuck and this is a great thing but the problem is that the dull and undrunk you might not be that uninhibited, you are not necessarily ready to start taking shots hence the question: how to get drunk quickly but comfortably.
Start with a beer or two, enjoy the fuck out of it because after all, you are already there! You are having a fucking beer dude, re-fucking-lax brohemian!
Now that you have loosened up go for shots, it is a battle against the dull ache of everyday existence, put those fuckers down your throat back to back, attack your insides with liquor as if each shot was a wave of battleships on the beaches of Normandy. Depending on your tolerance and how crazy you want to get I'd say six shots during the first hour is sufficient if you are a 200lb male.

2-hour:
It starts to feel pretty fucking groovy right about this time but this where you can royally fuck it up. Battles are not won with sheer ferocity so you must engage in unconventional thinking, fool that body of yours, instead of charging through the fields into the trap of an acidic puddle you get on the defensive. Think of it as a boxing match, you've worked the head, now we'll go for the body:
Have a nice meal, or if you are not feeling particularly hungry have some salted peanuts or whatever the fuck your heart desires. You think the Romans just kept gulping down wine without having some tasty treats every now and again? Hell no!
As you are eating your meal or your treats continue with the beer or perhaps some cocktails, experiment and see what works for you. It's a good idea to crank up the ABV on your beers or maybe switch to wine.

3-hour:
You should be drunk by this point. Decide whether you'll be heading to blackout city or if you wish to cruise by tipsy-town and just merely maintain your blood alcohol level. If you have to get up early tomorrow you should drink a lot of water before going to bed. If you are prone to getting hangovers proper hydration can significantly decrease your symptoms, but you don't have to be all faggy about it as having a drink in the morning tends to help as well.
Just keep livin'

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Well put D-Bum, You put some thought into it.
Here is what my good buddy J-Bones (R.I.P.) used to do:
Take a pint glass and fill it with your favorite beer. With each drink, refill the glass with whiskey until it doesn't taste like beer anymore, then with every drink refill it with beer until it doesn't taste like whiskey any more, then refill with whiskey, then beer, and so on.
It really works! And your glass is never empty!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 pm
Well put D-Bum, You put some thought into it.
Here is what my good buddy J-Bones (R.I.P.) used to do:
Take a pint glass and fill it with your favorite beer. With each drink, refill the glass with whiskey until it doesn't taste like beer anymore, then with every drink refill it with beer until it doesn't taste like whiskey any more, then refill with whiskey, then beer, and so on.
It really works! And your glass is never empty!
Damn. Wait...

There was supposed to be beer in this recipe huh

Wait, glass? I have a fresh glass each time. Barkeep, there's a hole in this bottle! It's at the neck.

I must check each of those to make certain.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hey man, it's how J-Bones did it, it worked for him. He got right to where he wanted to be and did it efficiently and without puking or making an ass of himself or waving his penis at traffic. I respect that.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

I try to finish a 2l bottle of cider as quickly as possible,
then take it steady and savor the next 4l, usually work ok for me.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

A shot of whisky, followed by a beer, followed by another shot, followed by half a beer, followed by another shot, followed by a quarter of a beer, followed by another shot, followed by opening another beer. At this point, I would stop paying attention. That seems to be the most appealing way to drink for me these days. Just beer gets me too bloated. Just whisky is too full on. The first drink should be neat whisky though, followed by a couple of sips of water, because nothings beats the flavour and feel of that first gulp of scotch.

If you really want to get drunk fast though, you can't beat good wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but pricey still dry white wine with good food goes down well. It's three times stronger than beer, yet you can keep throwing it down much to easier than hard liquor.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

The late booznik went with a way different approach than most of us. He would get quickly get shitfaced on liquor and then maintain his buzz with beer. He drank backwards
Drink!

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

if i could just get my stomach to agree to the keep the right amount of alcohol down as i think is sensible, it's getts aggrivated after a few litres of cider. it just hurts. That's about it, i manage to tolerate it, and move back to normality, but it just feels like the alcohol is upsetting the inner part of my stomach.

One day I hope we will evolve stronger stomachs. These pussy easily aggravated stomachs are kind of annoying.