Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by Patchez » Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm

BamaSpirit wrote:Why abandon quality beer in the first place? Quantity beer just lets the soul down.
While in general I agrre with this statement, when broke ass, needs must when the devil's driving.

Sometimes quantity is the only choice when out or low on hooching funds.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Xenia

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by ThirstyDrunk » Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Many times I start out my session with a couple of quality beers, something heady and full, or something new, but after the first couple beers I'm heading to pound town with a 30 of Pabst or Strohs. Something cheap, plentiful, and slammable to wash down this bottle of bourbon. Thats how I drink.
And Pabst cured my gout.
To be fair, I'm drunker than you.

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by Patchez » Sat May 05, 2012 10:34 pm

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Many times I start out my session with a couple of quality beers, something heady and full, or something new, but after the first couple beers I'm heading to pound town with a 30 of Pabst or Strohs. Something cheap, plentiful, and slammable to wash down this bottle of bourbon. Thats how I drink.
And Pabst cured my gout.
That my friends is how it's done. Well played Thirsty, well played.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: UK

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by WolfOfTheWest » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Huda is one of the best lagers I have ever had. And I've had alot. I fucking love lager.
It was while I was in Vietnam. It's brewed by Carlsberg but I've never found it anywhere else:
Image
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by scream ale » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:22 pm

I typically drink Genesee beer, usually the lager, cream ale or black varieties. Genny also makes fancy pants beers under the Genesee Brewhouse name. They make a tasty scotch ale and a very good pale ale. I also really enjoy brews by Founders, Bell's, Southern Tier and West Sixth (when I can get it.)
Image

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by gede » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:02 am

I'm convinced that beer isn't even an alcoholic beverage really - it's just a lifeblood. An elixir of longevity.

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by scream ale » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 am

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sat May 05, 2012 10:28 pm
Many times I start out my session with a couple of quality beers, something heady and full, or something new, but after the first couple beers I'm heading to pound town with a 30 of Pabst or Strohs. Something cheap, plentiful, and slammable to wash down this bottle of bourbon. Thats how I drink.
And Pabst cured my gout.
I like to start out after work with a couple of my cheap ass usuals then if I have it move on to the good stuff. But I can see the reasoning for going high to low end too.
Image

User avatar
oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed
Posts: 9447
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by oettinger » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 pm

I liked the Hams.

If you don`t like Hamm`s, hide behind the moon until I`ve finished my sixpack.

And my amsterdam vodka bottle
I do not remember posting that ^^^
Image

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by scream ale » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:33 pm

I don't really recall ever forgetting the joys of beer after discovering them.
Image

User avatar
benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by benitobeast69 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 pm

beer is life. Don't get me wrong I fucking adore bourbon...but I think beer is my main girl.

I love spending all day and night drinking huge quantities of beer.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

User avatar
scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed
Posts: 1566
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am
Location: Home usually.

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by scream ale » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:55 pm

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 pm
beer is life. Don't get me wrong I fucking adore bourbon...but I think beer is my main girl.

I love spending all day and night drinking huge quantities of beer.
Beer is absolutely life. I also consider Bourbon life.
Image

User avatar
Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill
Posts: 5181
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: South Central, PA

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by Patchez » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 pm
beer is life. Don't get me wrong I fucking adore bourbon...but I think beer is my main girl.

I love spending all day and night drinking huge quantities of beer.
I drink beer like it's oxygen.

Booze is the icing on life. Beer is the cake.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

User avatar
benitobeast69
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Re-Discovering the joy of Beer.

Post by benitobeast69 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Patchez wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:45 pm
benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:28 pm
beer is life. Don't get me wrong I fucking adore bourbon...but I think beer is my main girl.

I love spending all day and night drinking huge quantities of beer.
I drink beer like it's oxygen.

Booze is the icing on life. Beer is the cake.
that's was so beautiful
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane. (needless to say, with a non-hungover person at the controls)." - Kinglsey Amis

Post Reply