The Strongest Shot Legally Sold

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The Strongest Shot Legally Sold

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

So I was with some pals in Sevilla one night and this busty chick with a linebacker-type physique boyfriend invited my girl and I to a bar across the river in Triana that served nothing but shots. On our walk over I got the dope from this boyfriend and how they had a shot that was upwards of 180 proof. "Ever try it?" I asked. "Hell no," he said. "It's practically lighter fluid."
So we reached the bar and I slapped my hand on the bar and asked from the strongest shot of the house. I eyed my beverage cautiously. "This is 180 proof?" I asked the bartender. "No," he said. "190 proof."
Well, I stole a glance toward my special lady friend - who, it must be said, was swearing bullets - then I grabbed the long, cylindrical shot glass and tossed it down my gullet.

FIRE. PAIN. COUGHING. A quick exit for some fresh air. Victory was mine, however, because unlike the last few turkeys who attempted this shot I did not vomit. In fact, I felt magnificent. I hopped around the bar, kissed my girl, ordered a number of shot more agreeable to the female tongue, and generally had the time of my life.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: The Strongest Shot Legally Sold

Post by JimLahey »

A bar that sells shots of Everclear?
Good job though dude!

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Mmm.. Shots of everclear. Good ol' last summer.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

For real Bur?
I never tried shots of that stuff but it doesn't sound pleasant. You mix it with anything? I sip on 70% absinthe on occasion but shots seem like a bad idea.

Bur

Post by Bur »

JimLahey wrote:For real Bur?
I never tried shots of that stuff but it doesn't sound pleasant. You mix it with anything? I sip on 70% absinthe on occasion but shots seem like a bad idea.
You need ridicolous amounts of mixer. Mostly I went by having a shot every half hour or so in between other drinking and washing it down with beer and milder mixed drinks like white russians. And it is not the most pleasant thing ever, but it's different. I've had something they sold as 'absinth' in spain which is around 89% and suprisingly smooth compared to shiny or even 80% vodka(which I haven't gotten my hands on for too long).

I once remember mixing half a bottle of 80% vodka straight in to a juice can but I had trouble willing myself to drink it at first as the paper became kinda muddy on the top and colors came off from where it spilled out of the container.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I made rum at about 75-85%abv, so about 160 proof and it is pretty much undrinkable. Could be because I made it though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Bur

Post by Bur »

Mr. Viking wrote:I made rum at about 75-85%abv, so about 160 proof and it is pretty much undrinkable. Could be because I made it though
Bacard 151 is decently drinkable 160 stroh though is utter shit.

WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

this post, for some reason, reminds me of THC in Chiang Mai. I don't remember the strongest liquor they had, but then I don't remember much aside from the ganja, the ladies, the sights and the 5 days I spent not moving from that damn beautiful rooftop...
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

A guy who I went to college with who I never even considered a drunk did nothing but shots of Bacardi 151. Once booze gets that strong there is little flaovr left. If you can handle the burn then you are golden.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

Boozy and Thirsty brought us a bottle of some sort of incredibly-high proof rum that basically kicked the shit out of me for two days. It was the serious lost weekend. Thankfully someone else was tending to the child. It wasn't as strong as Everclear, so I admire the fucker that can handle that shit.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I think, technically, Everclear might be the strongest shot SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE. At concentrations over 95%, alcohol forms an azeotrope with water, which means that when you try to distill it further you end up boiling off alcohol in addition to water vapor. If you somehow had a shot of 200-proof in front of you, it would actually absorb water vapor from the atmosphere until it got itself back to a lower concentration.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:I think, technically, Everclear might be the strongest shot SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE. At concentrations over 95%, alcohol forms an azeotrope with water, which means that when you try to distill it further you end up boiling off alcohol in addition to water vapor. If you somehow had a shot of 200-proof in front of you, it would actually absorb water vapor from the atmosphere until it got itself back to a lower concentration.
A booze that adds its own splash of water, automatically? That would be a hell of a sales gimmick.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

TheMightyHaines
Souse
Souse

Post by TheMightyHaines »

Used to serve Goslings Over-Proof (about 75% ABV or 150 proof) and while not the strongest shot out there, I happen to know you can do some kick-ass fire breathing if you have a bottle, a lighter and no regard for personal safety. (Try not to be as drunk as I was; I still have some scarring on one hand from that one...)
"Until you've had a shot of whiskey and a good cigar you're missing out on the second and third best things in life..."

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

This is quite drinkable and comes in 120 and 160 proof.
Quite drinkable, however I'm not really looking for the possibility. Bad memories, if any.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroh

Catroaster
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Catroaster »

Could I just put in a quick word for Wray and Nephew's Jamaican Overproof Rum? 63% abv (126 proof) and as strong a shot as I would ever care to take.