The art of disgrace

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

The art of disgrace

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

My wife's in jail and my daughter is with her grandparents. Stepson is with his dad and doing very well.

I feel disgraced, and yet fortunate. It's everything all at once. It's pride versus reality, life versus drunk. It's life as we live it; it's brilliant.

It's everything all at once, some shovel that pushes us into understanding. I've endrunkened with a few of you, and it's always been a hoot.

Watch a flick together and you get a synch. Talk enough and you get a synch.

Synch always grows, and you wind up knowing people you didn't.

This works better than the church for this, 'cause we stop the care and engage it at the same time. We bond for stupid reasons that actually matter, here and now. We do things in the present tense.

Do we care for one another? Here and there, yes, though we have our moments of "FUCK YOU WORLD."

We suffer with and as the world, we are models and strange shamans. We hold the world in our hands, but our hands are so sweaty, we lose grasp and track. We drop the marbles and spend a day seeking what was lost, when we could actually skip steps and regather our senses, theoretically.

Reality has us still sweating, still shaking, still unsure of any damn thing, except that we'll feel better, so why stop?
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

Palinka (RIP)

Re: The art of disgrace

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mate, how come you never laid any of this on me, last night? I know that I was airing my shit but still...
I can fly over, if you need some help, just give the word...

Also, FUCK, WHAT NOW?!?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Palinka, you are a saint. I need not concern you with nonsense when you are still you.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

WastelessPointOfTime wrote:Reality has us still sweating, still shaking, still unsure of any damn thing, except that we'll feel better, so why stop?
That's a helluva sentence there, man.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Life shits on us all sometimes. We are allowed to seek solace in our brethren, the global Drunkard community. I know we've discussed these topics, I'm over due for Drunkchat and dd's again. Sometimes you just need to get shit-faced and wake up naked in the living room and pretend you were sent back in time.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

WastelessPointOfTime wrote:We suffer with and as the world, we are models and strange shamans. We hold the world in our hands, but our hands are so sweaty, we lose grasp and track. We drop the marbles and spend a day seeking what was lost, when we could actually skip steps and regather our senses, theoretically.
...From a fucking excellent speech, from the depths of personal hell. The phrase above, from your speech, is exquisite. It should be a poem, you fellow Drunkard.

To Wit, and in Honor of your sharing of such ugliness of our human experience:

The Art Of Disgrace

We suffer with

And

as

the World:

We are models and strange shamans.

We hold the world in our hands, but our hands are sweaty:

We lose grasp and track.

We drop the marbles...

And spend a day seeking

...What was lost,

when we could actually skip steps

and regather-

our senses...

...theoretically

Damn fine.

God Help You, WPOT.

God Help Us All.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Don't you want to feel the Shame?
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Take to heart everything already said here. Disgrace is a relatively rare state for the dries to understand, so relish it. True disgrace is a thing of beauty. I've had my share, and after shaking off the short-term effects, disgrace let's you see things in a clear and bright lens of clarity.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh my dear. I hope things turn around to the sunny side, soon.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage wrote:Oh my dear. I hope things turn around to the sunny side, soon.
Dear Lady S., I fear that you are 5 months late to the "Disgrace Party". However, should you choose to go to "Chat", where you will find WPoT (or "Fungal Monk", as he is known there) a constant attendee, and offer your support and/or good wishes; I am most certain that either or both, will be very gratefully received.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Palinka wrote:
Savage wrote:Oh my dear. I hope things turn around to the sunny side, soon.
Dear Lady S., I fear that you are 5 months late to the "Disgrace Party". However, should you choose to go to "Chat", where you will find WPoT (or "Fungal Monk", as he is known there) a constant attendee, and offer your support and/or good wishes; I am most certain that either or both, will be very gratefully received.
oh dear. that would be me. always late to the party, and badly dressed, at that.
like tears in rain

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Well, you know, the world turns.

We had a "final decree" hearing in September. Wife filed an answer late, got us a court date again. I'm paying for this shit. That's an extra hour or two to be billed, dammit. I hoped for an escrow refund, but whatever.

So now, I have physical custody. I'm also living with the damn-near ex again. Once DFCS case was closed, I lacked a legal leg.

But we're getting along, and her boobs are bigger. Win/win? Lib is pleased that mommy is home. I am too, but once again she is not again. She's still not 30, and we all know that age rocks some socks into you.

But but but again, don't care. Daughter is safe. Wife is now an ex, yet we sleep together. Not quite official, but nearly so. Signatures make things official, but carport talk is really official.

We decree reality as the ones in touch at the basest of levels, vile drunks we be.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

We need to catch up. See you in chat or call me if you still have the #
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I married into a family where my husband's ex is a criminal, his boy (or maybe not his boy) is a regular visitor of the jailhouse. I never knew people who were familiar with the legal system. Wow. Welcome to my world, now--for the last several decades. I really do not understand this whole criminal mindset. Grumpy's ex is a scumbag, and her boy is in and out of prison... what the hay, hey? How hard is it to act decent?
like tears in rain

hereforthebeer
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hereforthebeer »

Aloysius_of_Tahiti wrote:Take to heart everything already said here. Disgrace is a relatively rare state for the dries to understand, so relish it. True disgrace is a thing of beauty. I've had my share, and after shaking off the short-term effects, disgrace let's you see things in a clear and bright lens of clarity.
yeah I agree, feeling disgraced has given me some of my most powerful insights into my life, like - why am I feeling disgraced? who am I answerable to? who is really responsible for certain situations that have occurred etc.

it helps if you can take a nihilistic view on life and decide nothing really matters and you can come up with your own values I think.

I used to be religious i'm not any more, feeling disgraced sucked when I was religious.