The cure for the mild hangover

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

wonder_recorded
Tippler
Tippler

The cure for the mild hangover

Post by wonder_recorded »

Everyone has a hangover cure that supposedly, but not actually, works. Well personally I avoid hangovers as much as possible, which is to say that I have one every morning. What is the cure? Eat.

Eat eat eat eat eat. I have found that if I constantly much on something (bag of carrots, chips and salsa, jar of meat, etc.) that it keeps the hangover at bay. The headache receeds (how the fuck do you spell that!?), the nausea goes into the background, everything but the rote boring motion of gumflapping goes away. But the second I stop flapping those gums on some sort of caloric intake, it all comes back.

wonder_recorded
Tippler
Tippler

Re: The cure for the mild hangover

Post by wonder_recorded »

So if that's the cure (for me) for the "mild" hangover, what do you do about the non-mild hangover. The one where you threw up and didn't give a fuck about how much you were drinking? Where you were blackout drunk?

There is no cure. You do the chryme, you do the time.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I like to just sit it out. need plenty of water to drink though, as I dry out. When I'm on holiday gin takes the edge of nicely. beer is too weak and seems to pronounce it.

it's spelt recede, and it is an odd spelling. I would like to find out why, linguistics is fascinating, but I'm too lazy
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Smoke some pot.
I also believe in the "two shit rule", a hangover does not persist longer than the time it takes you to shit twice. So yes, I suppose food works.
Also, vitamin B-complex, omega fish oils, more alcohol.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

JimLahey wrote:Smoke some pot.
I also believe in the "two shit rule", a hangover does not persist longer than the time it takes you to shit twice. So yes, I suppose food works.
I shit on your two shit rule. I shall not elaborate further
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

An intravenous 500ml Saline drip, 120mg Codeine, 50mg Cyclizine, 10mg Cetirizine and 5mg Diazepam always does the trick for me.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

THIS.

Also grilled chorizo. Grilled chorizo makes everything better.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Water, paracetamol, a bit more sleep, then ready for some greasy food and an eye opener. Can't really beat a full English breakfast with vodka and orange, plenty of water and good coffee :-)

The water for hydration, paracetamol to take away the edge of pain, tasty food for fuel (don't worry if you throw up afterwards), coffee to wake you up and vodka mixed with orange to level your head and set you on the straight and narrow...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Chug water until you puke, then have your eye opener (one or two of whatever you had the night before) then eat. It works everytime!
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I'd never really thought it about it but you're right: I always feel better after the second shit. At least physically, the mudbutt persists.

Sometimes I'll go on a light jog or work the bag, you know, sweat it out.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Cure?

Cure for a mild hangover?

Fuck that.

You wear it like badge of honor.

You put on the big boy pants you were trying to wear the night before and pull them up and wear them for the world to see. You look the world right in the eye and you don't blink. Don't let them know you're hurt in the slightest. Step out into the sunshine a loudly order another drink.

Loudly.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Surreal wrote:Cure?

Cure for a mild hangover?

Fuck that.

You wear it like badge of honor.

You put on the big boy pants you were trying to wear the night before and pull them up and wear them for the world to see. You look the world right in the eye and you don't blink. Don't let them know you're hurt in the slightest. Step out into the sunshine a loudly order another drink.

Loudly.

i'm with you. :)
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mild hangovers being the provenance of pussies. DRink some more, suck it up, rub some dirt on it...whatever...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

binary
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by binary »

I wasn't aware that such a thing as a "mild" hangover existed.

For me it's either "morning" or "death"

As for Mr Viking, "recede" comes from the latin "cedere", meaning "to withdraw" or so. Leave, go, yield, etc all synonyms. The English word "cede" is, obviously, closely related and from the same roots.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

binary wrote:I wasn't aware that such a thing as a "mild" hangover existed.

For me it's either "morning" or "death"

As for Mr Viking, "recede" comes from the latin "cedere", meaning "to withdraw" or so. Leave, go, yield, etc all synonyms. The English word "cede" is, obviously, closely related and from the same roots.
I've read that before. Thanks for reminding me. I really need to clean out my RAM so that I can remember things when I want