The Bender Defined (Commentary)

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: The Bender Defined (Commentary)

Post by givemesomepils »

mistah willies wrote:
Palinka wrote:Image
Batty wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Man when I first saw that post, i fucking laughed my arse off. i mean, who hasn't looked all sweaty and dead the week after?

And Batty's quote, in this context

damn
that's how I feel right now. about three days ago I woke up with a monumental hangover, filled the half the sink with vomit because someone put the stopper in. the thing is the vomiting thing went away, but I still have the half dead covered cold sweats feeling. It's either some kind of infection or the night before i accidentally caused it somehow. and i definitely blacked out from what I was told and it was obvious from the limp that suddenly sprang up on my left leg the next morning that obviously something went wrong that i had no recollection of.when it lasted more than 24 hours I started taking some leftover antibiotics i found in my home,because more booze wasn't helping. I hope I start to feel a little better, or figure out what's wrong with me. and I still have the damn limp. oh and every night since this happened i have had wierdly vivid dreams with setting that stay the same through out and sometimes are real places i have been down to the teeth. the last one i had was so amazing that if i turned it into a movie it would come out something like dazed and confused.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

givemesomepills wrote:because more booze wasn't helping
I call bull on this.
I had myself a handfull of withdrawals from different things but booze always helped.

Always pulled me out of the sea of thoughts
the sea of sweat
the sea of guilt
the sea of responsiblilty
the sea of shit (hey booz)

In fact booze cures all pains, no joke, it floads your brain like nothing else, it`s glorious.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

if you are having withdrawals, you really do need to drink something asap, or see your doctor. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you, aside from being very unpleasant. I'd imagine if it was that serious you'd really know about it, but best not to take risks
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:if you are having withdrawals, you really do need to drink something asap, or see your doctor. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you, aside from being very unpleasant. I'd imagine if it was that serious you'd really know about it, but best not to take risks
Yup. And try to knock the narco-habit on the head. You will make more friends (and have more money for good, wholesome hooch).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:if you are having withdrawals, you really do need to drink something asap, or see your doctor. Withdrawal from alcohol can kill you, aside from being very unpleasant. I'd imagine if it was that serious you'd really know about it, but best not to take risks
Yup. And try to knock the narco-habit on the head. You will make more friends (and have more money for good, wholesome hooch).
the whole point was it wasn't any withdrawals i did not stop or start anything that i wasn't already doing I woke up felt like shit and it didn't go away until finally a little today now i feel better today except the unexplained limp that was caused while blacked out (that I think might last a few months). like i said i started taking my old antibiotics from years past because i could not figure out what was wrong. i hope that can put a stop the the withdrawal confusion.

and the only recreation drugs I have taken in the past year are ones that affect gaba receptors (the same receptors that ethanol effect) so basically benzos and somas things i can trade my prescribed medicine (suboxone which is very good at knocking the norco-habit on the head) for those if i find myself out of said hooch money. anyway please don't quote this i want to leave some of these posts of mine behind and just start fresh on here.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

oettinger wrote:
givemesomepills wrote:because more booze wasn't helping
I call bull on this.
I had myself a handfull of withdrawals from different things but booze always helped.

Always pulled me out of the sea of thoughts
the sea of sweat
the sea of guilt
the sea of responsiblilty
the sea of shit (hey booz)

In fact booze cures all pains, no joke, it floads your brain like nothing else, it`s glorious.
yeah lol most of the time for me too lol. except the most likely bacterial infection that was probably causing my problems apparently. coincidentally i first noticed it while in a very bad hangover.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

givemesomepills wrote:
yeah lol most of the time for me too lol. except the most likely bacterial infection that was probably causing my problems apparently. coincidentally i first noticed it while in a very bad hangover.
The russian buddy once brought me a handfull of avian flu from his messy student home. Was dead for a week, drinking was out of order because moving hurt that much.

The best alcohol withdrawals were his and his sisters, seeing big insects, hands coming out of the wall and people screaming at you all time that aren`t even there. They are both pretty much done, did I mention this?
Good people though...

To the bender topic: a little did you know.
That Nick "Rubber Johnny" Cage in preparation for his role in Leaving Las Vegas allegedly drank for two weeks straight while a friend was watching out for him. He called this the best two weeks of his life.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Proper research. So many types of booze to test, but the stomach can hold only so much.

I want to get paid to drink
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by givemesomepils »

oettinger wrote:
givemesomepills wrote:
The russian buddy once brought me a handfull of avian flu from his messy student home. Was dead for a week, drinking was out of order because moving hurt that much.

The best alcohol withdrawals were his and his sisters, seeing big insects, hands coming out of the wall and people screaming at you all time that aren`t even there. They are both pretty much done, did I mention this?
Good people though...

To the bender topic: a little did you know.
That Nick "Rubber Johnny" Cage in preparation for his role in Leaving Las Vegas allegedly drank for two weeks straight while a friend was watching out for him. He called this the best two weeks of his life.

I would be worried about (the avian flu), but whatever was wrong with me was defeated quite easily just drink a little less and laying around until, i could handle my everyday lifestyle or whatever you want to call it.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:...I want to get paid to drink
An admirable goal. I think I've figured out how to game the system.

That's why I started paying myself to drink.

I think I'm a pretty good employee as far as getting the "work" done, but the boss is drunk all the time, which can make things difficult when we're trying to have a conversation.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:

I think I'm a pretty good employee as far as getting the "work" done, but the boss is drunk all the time, which can make things difficult when we're trying to have a conversation.
Wait till you find out that this asshole has you penciled in for work on christmas eve!
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
booznik wrote:

Wait till you find out that this asshole has you penciled in for work on christmas eve!
All the work will have to be redone!
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

VIG44
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: What constitues a proper bender these days?

Post by VIG44 »

How do you feel when the bender is over?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Modern Drunkard wrote:we're not as tough as our grandfathers.
Of course not, they fucked grandma and saw her naked!

Great to quote the great one! And btw my grandfather drank himself through a war,

and lost.

Thank drink!
Drink!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I'm taking a week in May, the bender follows the work at the cabin, and may be interrupted by some stream fishing.

After it's over, you're sore.

And yes, Gramps would have kicked my ass drinking or fighting.