seconds

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

seconds

Post by Mr. Viking »

Most booze labels proclaim their produce to be of the very best quality available. For the most part this is true, these companies have exacting standards and will only sell that which closely matches their quality profile. What, though, I hear you cry, happens to the "seconds", that booze which doesn't meet the grade. I can tell you now. Most of it is still of sufficient quality to be sold, and can be found in generic brands. These. by their nature do not have a definitive character because they are a mix of offcuts made to be palatable. Some is so poor it cannot be sold, and is sadly discarded. For the sake of booze, however, I implore you to try these "inferior" drinks and discover the raw and unpredictable glory of booze. No matter how precise production is, it is never perfect, there are always offcuts and I put it to you that there is something special and interesting about them. Perhaps you might be tasting the new flavour of the future, as yet undiscovered...
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: seconds

Post by Patchez »

Hence the reason I shy away from the homebrewers of the "scientific" ilk. these guys turn the magic and mystery of making booze into a science fair project. Takes all the fun out of it for me.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:Hence the reason I shy away from the homebrewers of the "scientific" ilk. these guys turn the magic and mystery of making booze into a science fair project. Takes all the fun out of it for me.
Indeed. Where is the romance of adventure, and then sticking with what you dig up on a distantr island?

wedded to the booze, that be a healthy notice of dedication to the cause, yarr
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

i made some thoroughly awful fizzy red wine once. Wasn't as bad as the non-fizzy stuff though, it was a real abomination. I am a crack hand at eggy cider though
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best