Drunk By Noon

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Drunk By Noon

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:The Handsome Family have a rather pleasant tune called "Drunk by Noon" (which could be a contender for The Board anthem).
I misread and thought it was thenm Hansons. Tjis is much better.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

If only those pesky "Evil Dead" had used this as a catchphrase, maybe Ash wouldn't have needed his 'BoomStick'...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Wolfcoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Wolfcoat »

This thread just gave me a plan for tomorrow...hel, I may just not stop drinking tonight, just to warm up the engines...
Here's to us, and those like us.
Damn few of us left.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wolfcoat wrote:This thread just gave me a plan for tomorrow...hel, I may just not stop drinking tonight, just to warm up the engines...
Indeed. Nikki Sixx said something along the lines of: Why get undrunk this morning when I`m going to get drunk tonight anyway?
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I had a mighty powerful buzz started before noon today. I could not have, in good conscience, delivered HBE pairings whilst undrunk.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

grogzombie wrote: I hear/see so-called "sensible drinkers" having some rule about not having a drink before midday. BUT, what I've seen, is that it's those very people with the "midday rule" that watch their watches and clocks like hawks, and then, at the very stroke of noon, they drink like fishes!

Well, I say, SCREW THE "MIDDAY RULE"!
My take on this is that rules are only fun to break if you follow them the rest of the time. There's nothing special about a champagne breakfast if you have one everyday. Also, all those clock watchers get to savour the anticipation of rewarding themselves for waiting. I personally follow the noon rule & I've broken it many times. Hair of the dog is an exception to the rule, but I have my own rules about that too - it has to propel one up & into the day. So, it has to be taken standing up, has to be drunken reasonably quickly & can be no more than three standard units of alcohol. That's just me though. Besides, any time after 11am is pretty much noon as far as that goes.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Casual Binger wrote: Besides, any time after 11am is pretty much noon as far as that goes.
don't forget to take daylight savings into account too
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Fuck it, it's almost noon anywhere else on this spinning marble. Let's make an appointment each the top of each hour to start drinking again.

It;s refreshing

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Aw shit this thread made me realize how long it's been since I've been daydrunk. I sleep in too late and drive a car most days so I only get to the drinks in the evening the majority of the time.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

By the time I returned with a fresh supply of beer and victuals to supplement the beginning of another booze-up... I had 5 minutes to become drunk before noon.

So I'm a little late, but I made it to the destination. There's a word processor calling to me.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:Fuck it, it's almost noon anywhere else on this spinning marble. Let's make an appointment each the top of each hour to start drinking again.

It;s refreshing

Every hour your phone rings. Imagine that.
Do a shot and go to sleep again.
But don`t fall asleep on your watch! We all have seen Platoon, didn`t we?
Drink!

SuperStar
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by SuperStar »

Yes for sure drunk by noon has a magical quality, perhaps only 4 or so times I have managed it usually running over from previous days drinking.

But there sure is a magical effect to that sense of unfolding at noon, where the whole day still remains, "everyday" people are out and about and our braincells are nicely under the influence.

Yes. Noon drunk is a nice concept, and I will remember for last working day of this month when I will have a few more beer tokens.

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

The last time I got drunk before noon was when I had to drive a friend to the airport at like 3am. When I got home I cancelled work and opened two bottles of wine and watched the sun rise, was magical.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

JimLahey wrote:The last time I got drunk before noon was when I had to drive a friend to the airport at like 3am. When I got home I cancelled work and opened two bottles of wine and watched the sun rise, was magical.
Watching the sunrise while dreunk, knowing you have nowhere you need to be, it is indeed magical.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Rules, Rules, Rules....Most rules about manliness, and being a gentleman I agree with. However, not having a drink till noon I cannot condone, unless, you dont get out of bed till 11:55am. As posted above, having a champainge breakfest everyday does not take away its specialness. That statement is like saying that getting laid everyday takes away from how good it feels. See, the difference is that all of here are a rare breed. To consume the amount of alcohol we do on a daily basis is truly mans works, and quite frankly not everyone is cut out for it, hence the rule. It makes being manly or a gentleman easier for the faint of heart. Personally, alcohol in the mornings is just as importient as brushing your teeth. Leaving for work with a slight buzzzzz is a simple joy in life, along side with a few nips throuout the day to keep that subtle buzzz alive, but completely undercontrol at all times. You dont want to slur infront of the man. So yes, have your drinks before noon, just dont give the rest of us who can keep it under control a bad name. If however you dont have to go to work, there is nothing wrong with stumbling your drunken self to the taco truck down the street at 11am.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs