Drunk By Noon

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

grogzombie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Drunk By Noon

Post by grogzombie »

Hi, all. It's been a decade since I've posted here. (I can say that because my last post about Marsala got deleted!). I just thought I'd share with you's today, the wonderful experience of being drunk before noon.

I hear/see so-called "sensible drinkers" having some rule about not having a drink before midday. BUT, what I've seen, is that it's those very people with the "midday rule" that watch their watches and clocks like hawks, and then, at the very stroke of noon, they drink like fishes!

Well, I say, SCREW THE "MIDDAY RULE"!

For example, this morning, I have been in one of those superb situations where I got up early(ish), with some Gin and lemonade still leftover in the fridge, and so it was entirely sensible for me to get stuck into it for breakfast, and enjoy the hangover in the afternoon, as it was a convenient time for me to do so.

So, I say, "SCREW THE RULES!" I'll have Gin and lemonade for breakfast if I want to!
"I only drink champagne when I'm happy, and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company, I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty."

-- Lily Bollinger

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Drunk By Noon

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Your posts weren't deleted, I can assure you. We experienced a few Board crashes, that's all...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Technically those people with that rule should stop drinking at midnight as well. Since as of 12:01 they are drinking before mid-day making their silly rule null and void.

See? I'm a problem solver.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

grogzombie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by grogzombie »

Palinka - Hang on, I think there's some confusion here. The post of mine that I was referring to that got deleted, was a fairly recent topic that I posted on here just back in July of this year. Unless there's been a Board crash on here since July, then I assume that because nobody replied to my topic, then it got deleted because of the "topics that don't get replied to, get deleted" guideline that I saw on here. But this is getting unnecessarily complicated! Let's not worry about this!

Patchez - I like your logic!

Anyway, my day today went from undrunk this morning, to drunk by noon, to a fairly relaxing afternoon come-down. I think there's a lot to be said for getting stuck into the drinks early, and getting on with it. I even did a little bit of work in the afternoon, had some good munchies, and now it's just gone midnight, so I'm off to bed. Cheers, all.

-- Lily Bollinger

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

grogzombie wrote:Palinka - Hang on, I think there's some confusion here. The post of mine that I was referring to that got deleted, was a fairly recent topic that I posted on here just back in July of this year. Unless there's been a Board crash on here since July, then I assume that because nobody replied to my topic, then it got deleted because of the "topics that don't get replied to, get deleted" guideline that I saw on here. But this is getting unnecessarily complicated! Let's not worry about this!...
Well, I am very sorry. I don't recall deleting your thread (and ordinarily we would only delete an unanswered thread after it had been dormant for over a year and, given that it would have been your first post in years, it should have been left). I can only apologize and promise to look into it and report my findings to you by PM.
grogzombie wrote:...Anyway, my day today went from undrunk this morning, to drunk by noon, to a fairly relaxing afternoon come-down. I think there's a lot to be said for getting stuck into the drinks early, and getting on with it. I even did a little bit of work in the afternoon, had some good munchies, and now it's just gone midnight, so I'm off to bed. Cheers, all.
And I like your style, sir!
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

I drink first thing -- it's always midday somewhere and booze goes good with coffee.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Hemingway's motto was something like "Work until noon, drunk by 3:00."
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

ドロンケン
ImageImage

grogzombie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by grogzombie »

Palinka wrote:ordinarily we would only delete an unanswered thread after it had been dormant for over a year and, given that it would have been your first post in years, it should have been left
Yeah! That's what I would have thought! Thankyou for your understanding on that.

Nice pic there, Palinka. I'll keep an eye out for that book. I was kind of unexpectedly drunk by noon again this morning, actually. Lately, I've been doing this thing, where whenever I'm in the city, and I pass a bar, I have to go in for one drink. One bar, one drink. So that's what I did yesterday, and I ended up going to nine different bars. The last bar I stayed at for five drinks though - it was in a great location in the middle of a busy shopping arcade, and it was afternoon happy hour, so drinks were cheap. Then I grabbed a bottle of Gin and drank that at home, so I was drinking till about 3am or something, and I ended up having about 35 standard drinks all up yesterday. So, yeah, when I got up this morning I was still intoxicated. Bonus.

peetie44 wrote:Hemingway's motto was something like "Work until noon, drunk by 3:00."
That reminds me of another quote I saw on here somewhere -

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes"

-- Oscar Wilde

Zippy wrote:it's always midday somewhere
So true.

-- Lily Bollinger

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I used to have the rule to never drink before 10 pm, but I used to work until 9:30! ohsnap
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

There is a scofflaw-ish feeling of freedom that comes from being drunk before noon, it's something akin to playing hooky from the world.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Oh and good to see you again grog zombie.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

The Handsome Family have a rather pleasant tune called "Drunk by Noon" (which could be a contender for The Board anthem).
ドロンケン
ImageImage

grogzombie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by grogzombie »

frankennietzsche wrote:I used to have the rule to never drink before 10 pm, but I used to work until 9:30! ohsnap
That's admiral discipline.

Oggar wrote:There is a scofflaw-ish feeling of freedom that comes from being drunk before noon, it's something akin to playing hooky from the world.
Hi Oggar. Yeah, and perhaps also - "Why waste a perfectly good morning being undrunk!"

Palinka wrote:The Handsome Family have a rather pleasant tune called "Drunk by Noon" (which could be a contender for The Board anthem).
I'll have to wait until next week or so until I can go to an internet cafe, or library or something, to watch that video. I'm very low on data.

-- Lily Bollinger

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

grogzombie wrote:...I'm very low on data.
Most pubs (all over the world) offer free Wi-Fi, so. ou could drink and post (and check out various links - be sure to take headphones, for the musical ones) or find a Wi-Fi "hotspot" (if there is a branch of "Carphone Warehouse" near you, I can PM you their password) or buy some more data (it really isn't that expensive, and you don't have to buy it from your cell 'phone service or ISP; there are many data supply companies that offer extra data streaming for not much money GiffGaff springs to mind, or unlock your 'phone and get a "pay as you go" SIM card that you can swap when you are running low, or bite the bullet and get broadband or Wi-Fi installed at home (or go visit a friend who has Wi-Fi and lock yourself in their bathroom, with booze, fora few hours).
ドロンケン
ImageImage