starting the day

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

starting the day

Post by Bluto »

How do you start your morning drunkening?
Screwdrivers? Bloody Marys? Shower beer? Perhaps a little Iris in your coffee? Perhaps a mimosa or fruity rum drink? Maybe a shot of tequila?

If you know you've got a full day or two of drinking how do you start? I'm curious...
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: starting the day

Post by Patchez »

My morning go to's are either the Bloody Mary or a concoction of my own, a twist on the tequila surinse, the golden sunrise.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

2-3 shots of whatever hard stuff I have at hand and prolly a beer while waiting for the morning coffee.

If I haven't slept I will greet the night turning to day outside with a shot glass/bottle and cigarette, while briefly muttering something that only makes sense to me.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

More or less what Bur said; except I don't drink coffee.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bluto wrote:Bloody Marys? Shower beer?
Minus the shower, day here I come
Drink!

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

This morning I have started out with a juice glass of whiskey. That's normally how it begins everyday, several of those n I am well on my way. Today I sip a diet coke along with it, hard to admit but I cannot lie to you. More often though, I am always sure to finish what I started the nite before, the warm stale beer on the nightstand. That is rigorous for me, not pleasant at all, but I feel the need to accomplish what I had set out to do. Maybe a nice fruity mimosa wld be better, but I cannot allow myself such a pleasure!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

A Bloody Mary, if all the fixin's are at hand...otherwise, a morning beer (or 2)...like today.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

bluebottle wrote: I am always sure to finish what I started the nite before, the warm stale beer on the nightstand. That is rigorous for me, not pleasant at all, but I feel the need to accomplish what I had set out to do.

That right there is the kind of work ethic and dedication that leads to greatness. Pay attention young Drunkards.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

a shot of beam to start out the day

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Was out yesterday, had the taste of kebab and gin on my tongue. 9 a.m. the alarm clock woke me beacause some guy had to scan my heater- and water counter... greeted him with a bloody mary and warm beer, room filled with smoke. He was pissed working undrunk on a saturday and none of my asocial neighboors opening their doors. Life indeed sucks for the undrunk ones
Drink!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

oettinger wrote:Was out yesterday, had the taste of kebab and gin on my tongue. 9 a.m. the alarm clock woke me beacause some guy had to scan my heater- and water counter... greeted him with a bloody mary and warm beer, room filled with smoke. He was pissed working undrunk on a saturday and none of my asocial neighboors opening their doors. Life indeed sucks for the undrunk ones

Did you do the proper thing and offer him a beverage?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

If I drink first thing in the morning I'll have a few whiskies or gins for effect. I'm much more likely to start late in the morning with beer though, preferably in a bar
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Anything strong. It usually takes a couple drinks in the morning to get me feeling right. Preferably it would be a bloody mary followed by a cup of coffee and a shot. But whatever is onhand will do.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

Chug a beer in shower, if it's a brunch drink greyhounds, or a shot in the morning coffee.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bluto wrote:
oettinger wrote:... greeted him with a bloody mary and warm beer...
Did you do the proper thing and offer him a beverage?
On the evidence provided, I am going to go with, "yes".
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage