Third Shift, your neighbors will be impressed when they see

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Third Shift, your neighbors will be impressed when they see

Post by Patchez »

Yep. My neighbors probably think I'm the most awesome drinker in the world. I work third shift and can often be seen drinking my first or second drink while standing with my Grandson waiting for the bus. Sometime they'll see me haul the empties to the recycling bin around 10 or 11 AM. Half a dozen beers and any fifth or handle that was killed. I usually raise a glass or bottle in return to their self righteously raised eyebrow. Bite me. It's not even my midnite yet.

Drink up!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Third Shift, your neighbors will be impressed when they

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:Yep. My neighbors probably think I'm the most awesome drinker in the world.
That got me thinking. Are you people notorious drunks in your town/street/neighbourhood/apartment?

Myself? I can only say that the poor cashier-ladies from the store across the street seemingly are in numbing horror all day just awaiting the mimute that nasty slob with the nauseous hooch-fetor enters. I`m always nice though, but apparently don`t fit their image of a perfectly fine customer. Not my problem, I raised this store bottle by bottle, brick by brick. So no complaints please!
The 80 something people that live in this complex, I have really no idea about. I`m not quite sure if there are methlabs in here but it`s quite anonymous and stuff and I like it that way. Some have that strange look when seeing me in the hallway though... is it fear, is it admiration, often looks the same to me
Drink!

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

oettinger wrote:
Patchez wrote: That got me thinking. Are you people notorious drunks in your town/street/neighbourhood/apartment?
My neighbors know I'm a.. well... I'm on this site, that should explain it...
That being said, the number one drinks at my house (when it gets "call the cops" loud, anyways) are porch crawlers and my own version of the infamous Jungle juice.

Porch Crawlers
1 can lemonade concentrate (pink lemonade makes them one of several other drink names, same taste though)
4 cans cheap beer
Half a bottle of vodka

Mix them all in a container, make sure the lemonade is frozen (so that it chills the mixture)

One of the Thousands of versions of jungle juice
Drain 4 cans mixed fruit
replace lost juices with 151
Let sit for 24+ hours
Mix with 2 gallons fruit juice and the rest of the fifth of 151

Those are, of course, just the drinks i provide for the ungrateful bastids I call my "guests". Last time I had a decent party, I was blacked out on margaritas before my girlfriend got there. pre-cleaning is hard work, ya know?
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Jungle juice is called Rumtopf in these parts of the hemisphere.
Back in the day I assembled this a lot with peach. Cut in bite-sized pieces, soaked in rum with a nice, almost brownish shade, the guests would hurl themselves onto these not knowing what disastrous amounts of alcohol they just comsumed. That turns even the shyest wallflower into Janis Joplin.
Sadly one day when taking my walk home on a sunday morning from a party location I slipped in the snow and broke the beautiful piece of stonware that lasted and blasted lots of generations of my family. Hard to find such a fine thing these days. To this day I`m still close to tears losing one of the truly invaluable heirlooms of my ancestors.
Btw I never new that it was supposed to be a dessert. Always worked great as main course to me
Drink!

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

oettinger wrote:the guests would hurl themselves onto these not knowing what disastrous amounts of alcohol they just comsumed.
Half would ignore the fruit, the other half usually collect it and slam it. You guys know how they clean concrete? With an acid only slightly weaker than stomach acid, which would explain the lighter patches of concrete in my basement.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A friend of mine once threw up on a flight of stairs outside his hotel in paris. The next morning when it was cleaned up, one could actually see that the black slate-like looking stairs once upon a time were greeting the guests in a nice yellow ocher tone.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote: I usually raise a glass or bottle in return to their self righteously raised eyebrow. Bite me. It's not even my midnite yet.
Drink up!
oettinger wrote: is it fear, is it admiration, often looks the same to me
And this is how we are a tribe. Fuck them Drys, with their jealousy at our understanding of how to truly enjoy life.

DRINK!

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

indeed.

Drink! i guess
Drink!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I've got a close-knit block, and they eventually got the drift that I wasn't going off the complete deep-end. "Oh, he's still walking the knife-edge." Eh, good enough for me. Can I help you with your groceries?
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Man, that's quite rez-like

Good on you.

Keep the sharp edge pointed away, right?

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Rumtopf? My mom made that when I was a kid. She got the recipe from one of the PTA or Girl Scout ladies. When it was aged well (on the counter, no refrigeration), we kids were allowed to eat it, either plain or over ice cream. My mom barely drank. I guess she didn't realize that the alcohol not only did not blow off, but that it continued to ferment the fruit. I remember how delicious it was, but after eating it, I don't remember much. Originally, she just layered the fruit with sugar, but when it grew green and pink mold, one of the PTA ladies told her to pour a bottle of cognac over the fruit. After a while, I think my dad made her stop making it.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yep, works great on ice cream. Gets a little kick in an otherwise bland dessert.
When you have guests over, after filling them up whit whatever delicious was on the menue and you dispassionately ask who wants some ice cream, the kids left some over yesterday? The answers will probably be evasive.
Then add that you have also rumtopf to go with it. Not one will say no.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Power came back on today, so went to the big store and found "Third Shift Ale." Was gonna buy it and have a taste, but their Mix a Six, if you purchase a sinlge bottle, is $3.00
The candy store off the bridge TIM's Little Big Stiore might get them that if I ask, but none for now

So here's a pic

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I think earlier research into Third Shift was that it was a macro posing as a craft brew.

Yep. Coors Brewing makes it.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/306/87749/
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

There you go. Miss Ethyl must have been smiling down on me, or up at me, however you think about her and what she will do for a man,

I mean, I thank the lawds of booze for not adding my own hard earned scratch to that conglomerate heap